04s - Games of the Week

That's the same ref that called the second goal in where the keeper was apparently holding the ball inside the goal when he was looking from outside the penalty box. In my opinion that was a questionable call.
The keeper was 3 yards behind the line. I think there was confusion due to the "white" football line that was behind her. Shame that happened but it was the right call.

The keeper was 3 yards behind the line. I think there was confusion due to the "white" football line that was behind her. Shame that happened but it was the right call.
To call that a goal you need to be beside the goal line in the first place. I saw the ref around the penalty box and he did not have the angle to determine that. It was a bad call that determine the course of the game.

To call that a goal you need to be beside the goal line in the first place. I saw the ref around the penalty box and he did not have the angle to determine that. It was a bad call that determine the course of the game.
The AR made the call and he was right in front of me and your first keepers father. We were standing by the end line. He will tell you it was the right call as well. How about the next two goals after that? Were they suspect as well?
The better team won. In two games this year it is 6-0.

The AR made the call and he was right in front of me and your first keepers father. We were standing by the end line. He will tell you it was the right call as well. How about the next two goals after that? Were they suspect as well?
The better team won. In two games this year it is 6-0.
Bad calls like that determines the course of the remainder of the game. Don't get me wrong Galaxy played well but I would not want to be persuading the chatty AR for a goal call. My case and point is for Coast Soccer to have better training for their refs.

Wow. My first thought is that since you all have such intimate knowledge of this game and the Eagles team in particular, you could be Eagles parents criticizing players on your own team in the third person ...but that couldn't possibly be the case!!? I can only conclude that you must be CSL parents who travel from game to game to watch teams in your bracket play. Im truly envious of the amount of free time you must have. Such dedication is reslly inspiring.
This forum is for everyone to voice their opinions isn't it? Even as a spectator on the sidelines, it's not hard to see the flaws in teams. Be grateful that outside parents actually acknowledge your team because outside perspective can actually bring more insight than you think.

This forum is for everyone to voice their opinions isn't it? Even as a spectator on the sidelines, it's not hard to see the flaws in teams. Be grateful that outside parents actually acknowledge your team because outside perspective can actually bring more insight than you think.
I agree with Soccerfanz. It's a wake up call for any other team. It may hurt at times but time to realize you are playing "ELITE" get use to it.

I totally agree. Emotions must be set aside and remember, this is pre ECNL and DA, and instead, this should be taken into perspective. Gone are the recreational soccer days when parents' connections come into play though their kids are not that good, so one must not expect flattery when obviously things need to be re-evaluated. Unless one still has that backward mentality, then, maybe playing for this league or any other premier or elite leagues must be reconsidered. It doesn't matter if the user is from which team but views and opinions of this kind are helpful. However, if one is narrow-minded and doesn't want to take criticisms, be it constructive or derogatory, then, maybe playing soccer or other sports is not meant for your daughter. Let's face it. They won't be 12-13 years old forever so might as well have them learn how to deal with things like this. Parents will try to shield them but in reality, they can't and that's real life. This sport, like any other, is never for the faint of heart. Kids must know and realize that their spot on the team is earned and will never be served to them on a silver platter. Unless parents use their ties for their kids' benefit when the kids don't deserve it, then, I feel for the other players who worked hard to earn that spot only to have no choice but to play with those kids who don't belong to this elite league. Then if those parents get slighted with these comments, then, it's their fault for setting their kids to fail because they're not cut up to play for premiere league.

I totally agree. Emotions must be set aside and remember, this is pre ECNL and DA, and instead, this should be taken into perspective. Gone are the recreational soccer days when parents' connections come into play though their kids are not that good, so one must not expect flattery when obviously things need to be re-evaluated. Unless one still has that backward mentality, then, maybe playing for this league or any other premier or elite leagues must be reconsidered. It doesn't matter if the user is from which team but views and opinions of this kind are helpful. However, if one is narrow-minded and doesn't want to take criticisms, be it constructive or derogatory, then, maybe playing soccer or other sports is not meant for your daughter. Let's face it. They won't be 12-13 years old forever so might as well have them learn how to deal with things like this. Parents will try to shield them but in reality, they can't and that's real life. This sport, like any other, is never for the faint of heart. Kids must know and realize that their spot on the team is earned and will never be served to them on a silver platter. Unless parents use their ties for their kids' benefit when the kids don't deserve it, then, I feel for the other players who worked hard to earn that spot only to have no choice but to play with those kids who don't belong to this elite league. Then if those parents get slighted with these comments, then, it's their fault for setting their kids to fail because they're not cut up to play for premiere league.
Thank you for your lecture but again, you're missing the point of my post. Im not that parent and thats not what I was saying.

Sigh. Some could use a lesson in reading comprehension and some, who would like to trash talk their own team remain while remaining anonymous on a soccer forum, should brush up on their English grammar. I'm out.
Smellycleats- ur obviously a parent from Eagles. Comments about weak players obviously hurt ur feelings. Very sad.

Sigh. Some could use a lesson in reading comprehension and some, who would like to trash talk their own team remain while remaining anonymous on a soccer forum, should brush up on their English grammar. I'm out.
Make sense if both teams played SCDSL - would be great to have SD Galaxy play Surf, Blues and Strikers in league and Eagles play Real So Cal, Beach and Cerritos in league. I'm sure IE SURF wish they could be in SCDSL as well....

This is crazy. You are critiquing 12 year old soccer....and you called the Coast League "elite".... haha

This is crazy. You are critiquing 12 year old soccer....and you called the Coast League "elite".... haha

Haha. Then why are they playing in Gold bracket if they're not elite or premier? If you think this league is not elite or premier enough, then, what are you doing in here? FYI this is a soccer blog and if you're so onion-skinned, then, you have an option to ignore my posts and/or delete your account. Stick to valid arguments. You resort to personal attacks because you are weak and you cannot even present your point in a matured and educated demeanor. Plain and simple.

Back