04s - Games of the Week

Sigh. Some could use a lesson in reading comprehension and some, who would like to trash talk their own team remain while remaining anonymous on a soccer forum, should brush up on their English grammar. I'm out.

Attacking someone's grammar is a sign of weakness. There may be some grammatical errors but stick to the topic. You are obviously an Eagles parent who is hurt but correcting someone's grammatical errors won't make your team win. Maybe you should help your team to pick up the pieces and move forward. As I have mentioned earlier, IMO , there is no room for emotions in a soccer blog like this. Personal attacks are uncalled for and accusing users to be from which team is meant to sidetrack to the points being raised in here.

Haha. Then why are they playing in Gold bracket if they're not elite or premier? If you think this league is not elite or premier enough, then, what are you doing in here? FYI this is a soccer blog and if you're so onion-skinned, then, you have an option to ignore my posts and/or delete your account. Stick to valid arguments. You resort to personal attacks because you are weak and you cannot even present your point in a matured and educated demeanor. Plain and simple.

Ok loco, I'll bite...and I'll try to present myself without personally attacking you. First off, I merely come on to the forums for entertainment purposes, thanks to folks like you. But I couldn't help myself when you went on your rants about the bottom tier of the Eagles roster and their "second" goalkeeper, who you say "cost" them the game against LAGSD. How embarrassing to attack 12 year olds and specifically critique how they played in a youth soccer game.

My second point, without personally attacking you, is to enlighten you about Coast soccer. Yes the Gold Division is the best Coast can offer in 04, but that hardly means it's elite. Get out of your bubble and go check out the best 04 teams sometime (SD Surf, Slammers Macias, Beach Arrache, Arsenal, Real SoCal) and you will realize only one of these Coast teams (LAGSD) can compete week in, week out with the top 5.

And BTW...Take smellycleats advice and clean up your grammar. Less time on the forums...more time in English class.

Maybe focus on your team more so you can help the kids, especially the hardworking ones who have to endure being with underperforming players, rather than profiling and discriminating someone because of his heritage. Again, save your lecture to yourself or to whoever on your team needs it because there are others who are obviously know more than you do. And again, stick to the point. Nothing personal against the girls and I feel for them. It seems that the people guiding them are narrowminded and not open to change. Everything is forever evolving and that includes soccer.

Kicks - you amaze me that you found the time to count the number of post I did. Good for you. :)
Pele, not to get into the middle of your spat with Kicker, but it's easy to see the number of replies posted in threads. Just go to the top of the page and in the search window just put in your screen name in the "Posted by Member" field and then select the "Search this thread only" box. Gives you all of your replies and total count.

Pele, not to get into the middle of your spat with Kicker, but it's easy to see the number of replies posted in threads. Just go to the top of the page and in the search window just put in your screen name in the "Posted by Member" field and then select the "Search this thread only" box. Gives you all of your replies and total count.
Thanks for the info. I don't think I saw that option on my i-phone but does it really matter how many post I did? :)

Sorry, blaming the "weaker" players and especially a goalie of any sort is... well... WEAK.
I agree. You win as a team and you loose as a team. Also, it's worth noting that three of the four goals were scored when all of the starters were in. Your argument that the second goalie and "reserve players" lost the game for the Eagles is invalid.

As much as we have super competitive leagues/teams around here, we still need to remember that we are dealing with young ladies that are in 6th/7th grade.
Anyone that says something negative about a specific player on an online forum is a world class asshole.
Maybe you can do that for a high school aged kid, but you're still a jerk.

As much as we have super competitive leagues/teams around here, we still need to remember that we are dealing with young ladies that are in 6th/7th grade.
Anyone that says something negative about a specific player on an online forum is a world class asshole.
Maybe you can do that for a high school aged kid, but you're still a jerk.
You know I agree with your premise but isn't this forum a contradiction with respect to your opinion? If you are as dumb as I am for participating, and it seems you are, who says you can't bash opponents, kids, and babies if you feel like it? This place is a train wreck and if it weren't for self generated controversy it wouldn't even exist. So let's support our president elect and begin to criticize everyone; especially that kid on your team who couldn't score a goal to save their life.

You know I agree with your premise but isn't this forum a contradiction with respect to your opinion? If you are as dumb as I am for participating, and it seems you are, who says you can't bash opponents, kids, and babies if you feel like it? This place is a train wreck and if it weren't for self generated controversy it wouldn't even exist. So let's support our president elect and begin to criticize everyone; especially that kid on your team who couldn't score a goal to save their life.
I suppose you are right. Since there are "Rankings" for kids as young as 7, just bash away. Too late now anyway, because someone will do it if we don't.
Let's also tease kids from the sidelines for being fat, having bad hair and crooked teeth.

I suppose you are right. Since there are "Rankings" for kids as young as 7, just bash away. Too late now anyway, because someone will do it if we don't.
Let's also tease kids from the sidelines for being fat, having bad hair and crooked teeth.
Right up my alley.

I agree. You win as a team and you loose as a team. Also, it's worth noting that three of the four goals were scored when all of the starters were in. Your argument that the second goalie and "reserve players" lost the game for the Eagles is invalid.
Goalie or sub's parent I assume? Time to face reality. If this many people have the same opinion, maybe they're not just trying to be mean?

While I do believe that Pele is the greatest........... I am NOT Peleissoccer. Just saw this post and wanted to clear things up. I've been on a sabbatical and enjoying the hell out of it.

Soccer18 doesn't have much of a filter and no other screen name is big enough to hide him. You will get the truth as he sees it. Btw, hope your dd is on the mend.

Prove it. Prove that all the starters were in. For all we know you could be lying to disguise the fact that the goalie and subs were at fault. Trying to deflect the blame doesn't change the 4-0 loss!

Prove it. Prove that all the starters were in. For all we know you could be lying to disguise the fact that the goalie and subs were at fault. Trying to deflect the blame doesn't change the 4-0 loss!
Theres game film. I dont need to prove anything. There were 3 or 4 "off the bench players" in in the second half. One goal was scored and the coach immediately pulled them and replaced them with starters. Three more goals were scored in rapid sucession. It all happened in the last 10-15 minutes. Check the tape. I suspect you have access to it.

Back