04s - Games of the Week

LA Galaxy vs Eagles
4-0
Most anticipated game was a bust for the Eagles, no match. Least to say Galaxy had 3 injured players.
Not to pick hairs but LAGSD was missing "4" players who are out with injuries. (2 stem from those beautiful Fullerton fields). "3" of the 4 are regular starters.

No excuses though. Everyone is banged up around this time of year. Eagles played a very good 1st half. They changed keepers in 2nd half and that's when things went south. I'm sure they will bring it next week. It's only a 2 1/2 hour car ride for their "home" game. You have to love the Coast soccer league.

It's also a game changer when one of the refs seem to be chatty with a particular team as shown on their officiating. Though, I believe Eagles coach should weed out weak players especially the 2nd half keeper. Not to be vile but these were the players that cost them this game. Congratulations to LAGSD though. They were able to capitalize on Eagles' achilles heel.

It's also a game changer when one of the refs seem to be chatty with a particular team as shown on their officiating. Though, I believe Eagles coach should weed out weak players especially the 2nd half keeper. Not to be vile but these were the players that cost them this game. Congratulations to LAGSD though. They were able to capitalize on Eagles' achilles heel.
Were there other "weak" players or just the keeper? Keepers do affect a large part of the game flow

No excuses though. Everyone is banged up around this time of year. Eagles played a very good 1st half. They changed keepers in 2nd half and that's when things went south. I'm sure they will bring it next week. It's only a 2 1/2 hour car ride for their "home" game. You have to love the Coast soccer league.

I guess coaches call the shots during a game and by this time, if you want to win games then play your best players as long as they are able to. Eagles played every single player in their line up during the entire game and they paid the price. Keeper or any other player, coach should have made the adjustment ASAP rather than wait for more mishap to happen.

Were there other "weak" players or just the keeper? Keepers do affect a large part of the game flow

Not just the keeper but some mids and defenders turned out to be mere spectators and didn't provide the support that their forwrds badly needed. Reserves didn't help and instead did a lot of damage, too. LAGSD immediately took notice of that and took advantage. LAGSD's passing was awesome while Eagles' passing was full of suckage. Sad to see their coach wasn't able to implement the same on his team. He just let some of his players to try to score on their own instead of playing as a team.

Not just the keeper but some mids and defenders turned out to be mere spectators and didn't provide the support that their forwrds badly needed. Reserves didn't help and instead did a lot of damage, too. LAGSD immediately took notice of that and took advantage. LAGSD's passing was awesome while Eagles' passing was full of suckage. Sad to see their coach wasn't able to implement the same on his team. He just let some of his players to try to score on their own instead of playing as a team.
A few weeks ago somebody comment that it was only pure luck that Eagles was no. 1 in this bracket. I did not believed it during that time but now I agree. It's sad to see coaches struggling with what play to use during this point of the tournament.

A few weeks ago somebody comment that it was only pure luck that Eagles was no. 1 in this bracket. I did not believed it during that time but now I agree. It's sad to see coaches struggling with what play to use during this point of the tournament.
I don't think it was luck... the players must've given up as the goals kept coming in, but if the goalie was at fault, the coach should know what to do. By removing the couple of players that usually cause damage and don't connect, score, or help the team in anyway, the coach probably won't feel obligated to play every player he probably doesn't want to play. It wouldn't be the first time I've seen a team with these problems. I saw I wanna say 13 solid players on the team and the rest should not be there. Better to have less players than reserves who cause damage.

I don't think Eagles can bring anything in their arsenal to change next week's outcome against LA Galaxy. Win or lose Galaxy has the championship in the bag. No need to prove anything. Eagles lost today seal their 2nd place. Better luck next time.

Going into league Galaxy was without a doubt the team to beat and they have showed it all season. They have great athletes all over the field and have the ability to slow the game down which not many teams can do at this age. Should be interesting what the coaches of both teams decide to do the weekend before Surf Thanksgiving when the games really matter.

I don't think Eagles can bring anything in their arsenal to change next week's outcome against LA Galaxy. Win or lose Galaxy has the championship in the bag. No need to prove anything. Eagles lost today seal their 2nd place. Better luck next time.

Peleissoccer=Soccer18

Is that you Soccer18? Lol.

That's the same ref that called the second goal in where the keeper was apparently holding the ball inside the goal when he was looking from outside the penalty box. In my opinion that was a questionable call.

I don't think it was luck... the players must've given up as the goals kept coming in, but if the goalie was at fault, the coach should know what to do. By removing the couple of players that usually cause damage and don't connect, score, or help the team in anyway, the coach probably won't feel obligated to play every player he probably doesn't want to play. It wouldn't be the first time I've seen a team with these problems. I saw I wanna say 13 solid players on the team and the rest should not be there. Better to have less players than reserves who cause damage.
Wow. My first thought is that since you all have such intimate knowledge of this game and the Eagles team in particular, you could be Eagles parents criticizing players on your own team in the third person ...but that couldn't possibly be the case!!? I can only conclude that you must be CSL parents who travel from game to game to watch teams in your bracket play. Im truly envious of the amount of free time you must have. Such dedication is reslly inspiring.

Back