04s - Games of the Week

"Mastering Strategies," "BIG LEAGUE" These are young kids at a very elementary phase of development, regardless of where you think your soccer experience puts them! BTW shouldn't it be Peleisfutbol?

IMO, age shouldn't matter now at this division but talent and skills. I agree with Tech. It's the GOLD division! It's absolutely serious stuff and it's either they're ready for the big league or they're not. Period. If you've been a soccer player before or are still playing soccer, you should be aware of that, too. Have you seen Ronaldo, Bale or Benzema play defense even for just a minute, when Real Madrid led in one of their games? Of course NOT! If you're watching Barclays Premier, English Premier, Bundesliga, Serie, UCL, Ligue1, and various international soccer leagues, you would see both younger and older players are in the same teams and they're being recruited and grouped based off their skills and talents. If these kids and their coaches/mentors are looking ahead for the future, then, shouldn't they be watching how these international clubs/leagues do it? Plus, when is it someone else's business to insinuate that there's something wrong with someone else's username or pseudonym or alias? Seems like emotions get in the way and it shouldn't be. This is a blog where everyone's free to express their views and opinions and it's up to everyone to want to learn and accept it or otherwise. There's nothing personal and like it or not, you'll get both destructive and constructive criticisms so deal with it!

By this time and this age, the coaches and even the kids themselves should know the position they are good at, if not then you're in the wrong sports. as for my screen name, I'm not Brazilian so soccer is perfect. :)
Yes, yes, 11 and 12 year olds are pretty much done developing and should be focused on their future, big league.

IMO, age shouldn't matter now at this division but talent and skills. I agree with Tech. It's the GOLD division! It's absolutely serious stuff and it's either they're ready for the big league or they're not. Period. If you've been a soccer player before or are still playing soccer, you should be aware of that, too. Have you seen Ronaldo, Bale or Benzema play defense even for just a minute, when Real Madrid led in one of their games? Of course NOT! If you're watching Barclays Premier, English Premier, Bundesliga, Serie, UCL, Ligue1, and various international soccer leagues, you would see both younger and older players are in the same teams and they're being recruited and grouped based off their skills and talents. If these kids and their coaches/mentors are looking ahead for the future, then, shouldn't they be watching how these international clubs/leagues do it? Plus, when is it someone else's business to insinuate that there's something wrong with someone else's username or pseudonym or alias? Seems like emotions get in the way and it shouldn't be. This is a blog where everyone's free to express their views and opinions and it's up to everyone to want to learn and accept it or otherwise. There's nothing personal and like it or not, you'll get both destructive and constructive criticisms so deal with it!

You're comparing Elite professionals to kids. Its a long and complicated process to arrive at that point. I'm absolutely sure that most college/professional coaches convert players from positions that they play at club for the college level, so specializing doesn't make sense at this age. You're absolutely entitled to your opinion, as am I and I've seen it play out on too many occasions to change my view based on yours or anyone else' forum post! I've also seen Bale play lots of defense, given that he started as a left back at Southhampton....but wait a minute.....how can he be so good if his youth coach played him out of position as a youth player? Real Madrid don't know what they're doing!!!

"This is a blog where everyone's free to express their views and opinions and it's up to everyone to want to learn and accept it or otherwise"

I think you answered your own point there!

Thanks for sharing your views.

Peace!

You're comparing Elite professionals to kids. Its a long and complicated process to arrive at that point. I'm absolutely sure that most college/professional coaches convert players from positions that they play at club for the college level, so specializing doesn't make sense at this age. You're absolutely entitled to your opinion, as am I and I've seen it play out on too many occasions to change my view based on yours or anyone else' forum post! I've also seen Bale play lots of defense, given that he started as a left back at Southhampton....but wait a minute.....how can he be so good if his youth coach played him out of position as a youth player? Real Madrid don't know what they're doing!!!

"This is a blog where everyone's free to express their views and opinions and it's up to everyone to want to learn and accept it or otherwise"

I think you answered your own point there!

Thanks for sharing your views.

Peace!

I never singled out that you're not entitled to your own opinion but just wanted to stress my point in here.

And yes, if you think specializing doesn't make sense at this age, then, it's your opinion and it's definitely not mine.

Also, I respect that you think Real Madrid doesn't know what they're doing, but, this international club is consistently, if not always on top of whatever league that they play on?

If they mess up, then, players get the ax and/or manager gets fired, simple as that.

Nobody is perfect even Ronaldo or Zlatan or Alexis Sanchez or Fernando Torres can miss a penalty or free kick, but, what I'm trying to say is that, if that's the path that these kids would like to thread on, then, I'll compare them with these elite players because as of now, these kids are playing on the GOLD division and isn't that elite enough?

Obviously kicker you have the impression that as long as you are leading in points that you can have fun and mix everything around instead of mastering strategies with your core players for the "really tough teams". If you want to experiment do a science project. As for your opinion of preping for a tough game during practice obviously you haven't played soccer before. It takes talent and years of training with the same group of girls to be at their best. I have nothing against The Eagles team, they are a great group all together but who ever is running the show is not prepared for the "BIG LEAGUE". No offense meant just unsolicited advise.
I would continue to argue with you, but your posts are doing a good job on their own...

A lot of info on changing positions. I've been wondering if it's good or bad? My daughter (quite often) plays 3-4 different positions in a single game. I love for her to learn as much as possible, she is 12 and I didn't know if it's good for her to move around that much. I don't think many (if any) of her teammates have as much movement.

IMO, age shouldn't matter now at this division but talent and skills. I agree with Tech. It's the GOLD division! It's absolutely serious stuff and it's either they're ready for the big league or they're not. Period.
I think Tech was being sarcastic. Just a guess. ;)

As a parent with twins I have witnessed both one child being pigeon holed at one position and another that plays multiple positions. I see a major difference in the confidence and ability with the ball from my dd that plays midfield as well as forward and defensive mid and even outside back at times. My other has only played center back....it is great that she plays every minute of every game but she doesn't have near the confidence of her sister with the ball. She is also apprehensive when being moved out of her position. I applaud the coaches that actually make a point to have their players learn multiple positions. It will only benefit them in the long run.

Eagles up 2-0 on IE Surf Premier with the second half just beginning. #14 with two laser shots for Eagles. IE Surf has had their chances. Eagles had a nice clearance off the goal line. Pretty one sided game.

Eagles up 2-0 on IE Surf Premier with the second half just beginning. #14 with two laser shots for Eagles. IE Surf has had their chances. Eagles had a nice clearance off the goal line. Pretty one sided game.
Final, Eagles 2-0

Our IE Surf girls gave up considerably less 1 on 1 chances this game in comparison to the first, but the opportunities outside the box were where Eagles did their damage.

Good game Eagles!

I don't believe they have a number 14... I think you mean 26 or 16?

I don't believe they have a number 14... I think you mean 26 or 16?
One sided game not sure what you were watching Eagles converted there opportunities on two mistakes by IE Surf in first half and IE Surf had several more opportunities in second half. Goals win opportunities don't Eagles get win. I was happy with the IE Surf performance vs a top academy team like the Eagles. IMO a great game very close that could of gone either way. Eagles 04 are class

One sided game not sure what you were watching Eagles converted there opportunities on two mistakes by IE Surf in first half and IE Surf had several more opportunities in second half. Goals win opportunities don't Eagles get win. I was happy with the IE Surf performance vs a top academy team like the Eagles. IMO a great game very close that could of gone either way. Eagles 04 are class

Sorry, it was #26 with the two laser beam goals from distance. The game was one sided in the first half. More athleticism, more size, better movement off the ball. But yes, IE Surf did have a few chances - as did Eagles. IE Surf GK saved two goals in first half.

Sorry, it was #26 with the two laser beam goals from distance. The game was one sided in the first half. More athleticism, more size, better movement off the ball. But yes, IE Surf did have a few chances - as did Eagles. IE Surf GK saved two goals in first half.

Tango looking forward to the match up next week. We rolled you at Man City and don't think it will be that easy again. Winner of this game should be #1 or #2 in your Socal.

Final, Eagles 2-0

Our IE Surf girls gave up considerably less 1 on 1 chances this game in comparison to the first, but the opportunities outside the box were where Eagles did their damage.

Good game Eagles!

IE Surf controlled the forwards of the Eagles very well that they were not able to score but left the midfield

IE Surf controlled the forwards of the Eagles very well that they were not able to score goals but left the midfielders open for the missed opportunities in the box and converted them to goals. That's the difference with this team, anybody can score even the defenders. IE Surf had some missed opportunities too and played well during the 2nd half but their center forward did not have the support needed to penetrate the Eagle's defense.

Something to watch out by the LA Galaxy SD, they have to bring their "A" game this weekend to beat them. Eagles have since change since their match at Manchester City.

Back