Vaccine

So if California has 12% of the US population but only 10% of deaths, the state did much better than average
Actually no, based on this study California did relatively the same despite the fact its restrictions were significantly greater than other states. CA is about 11.8% of the population and had at least 11.2% of the excess deaths. Is it material enough to justify extreme restrictions. I guess that's in the eyes of the beholder.

Actually no, based on this study California did relatively the same despite the fact its restrictions were significantly greater than other states. CA is about 11.8% of the population and had at least 11.2% of the excess deaths. Is it material enough to justify extreme restrictions. I guess that's in the eyes of the beholder.
1674693307545.png

I believe the point is that all conditions being equal, your statement holds water. However, CA had the strictest rules regarding. Masking, social distancing and business closures so one would expect to have had better results.
You are saying that, because of the stricter rules, one would have expected non-COVID deaths to be lower than other states? How so?

The post refers to non-COVID deaths, which was never a justification for restrictions.

The post refers to non-COVID deaths, which was never a justification for restrictions.
You're correct, my brain fart. Using the appropriate metric...according to the article California had "Covid related" excess deaths of approximately 96,270 (130,000-33730) out of approximately "Covid related" excess deaths of 965,750 (1,265,750) for the total country, so around 10% for California. Not a material difference based on population. Was it worth it to close schools and businesses to achieve that result? Many so-called "experts" that supported lockdowns are now saying in hindsight it wasn't worth it. Too little, too late. It was obvious with foresight.

You're correct, my brain fart. Using the appropriate metric...according to the article California had "Covid related" excess deaths of approximately 96,270 (130,000-33730) out of approximately "Covid related" excess deaths of 965,750 (1,265,750) for the total country, so around 10% for California. Not a material difference based on population. Was it worth it to close schools and businesses to achieve that result? Many so-called "experts" that supported lockdowns are now saying in hindsight it wasn't worth it. Too little, too late. It was obvious with foresight.
That may be your opinion but that is nothing to do with the article that tries to make a case that democrats are irresponsible because there were more excess, non-COVID deaths in California, while conveniently ignoring that California is the most populous state. The chart even shows Texas and Florida right after California. Imbecilic analysis.

Hey knots with 13, all we can do is warn our frens and neighbors and move on to warn others. John the Baptist warned folks. Noah for sure warned everyone and everyone minus his wife, his three boys and their wives and the animals laughed him off and called him a whacko weirdo. My good pals are a wake but their still in their beds and some are even scared and hiding under their beds.

1674834442599.png

We lost some good people the last few days. Things are about to get real insane. I'm disappointed with a few dads who didn't want to listen because of their egos. RIP!

They used to just piss down our backs and lie and tell us it's raining. Now they piss on our face and tell us it's for our own good.

1674923489907.png

Meet "Orthrus" everyone. New CH.1.1 variant from the Omicron family. They say he's the wildcard and mutates like no other.

1674998844440.png

He gets deported out of Australia. Doesn’t get any points at Wimbledon," McEnroe said. "Can’t play the [U.S.] Open. …"

Fowler chirped in, "A part of his choices, to be fair. He made choices (and so did you. Seriously Chris?) that led to that for some of those things."

McEnroe responded, "I don’t think … I think he should have been committed to play."

"OK, well that’s a debate (no, the debate is over Chris. John is 100% right. This should never have happen)," Fowler said. "He did make choices that led to that. … But that’s forgot for the moment."

"Well, first of all, I think it’s BS. That’s what I think. I think he should be allowed to play. My personal opinion, as I’ve been vaccinated, I had a booster shot, that’s up to the individual," McEnroe said in August. "If I were him, and I’m not him, he’s won a lot more majors than me probably because he’s dug in his heels and found the gear, that will, that very few people in any sport have ever found, so that’s part of what’s made him so great, he sticks to his guns. He’s perfectly entitled to make the decision."

"The guy is one of the greatest athletes in any sport," he continued. "He’s very careful about anything he puts in his body. So, it’s frustrating to see at this point when we’re sitting here and all having a great time at an LAFC soccer game and that he’s not allowed into the country right now because he’s not vaccinated. It’s really unfortunate, but that’s the rules we really have right now with the government. I don’t agree with it but c'est la vie at the moment."

Back