How’s the 2024-2025 season going?

2010's played in a Conf Cup? I get what your saying but they haven't done that yet. I guess we will see when they do for that age group.
Just six of them. One from socal, and five from the rest of the country.

Which is kind of the point: There are excellent players from other regions, too.

I don't know either but I've been here as a spectator watching the whole process unfold. The fact we have a 2011 that showed up out of nowhere in the 10's 24 player camp is alarming. I heard she got a pass to the 2009 group as well and even played with them already. If they were trying to hide things... they sure don't give a damn anymore 😂... and have gone in your face mode. 😶 What's this say to all the top 2010's????
There are probably 15-20 midfielders at the 2009&2010 age group who were better picks than that choice.
But, that 2011 holds a few passports and she's probably now tied to the US. The rules state that if you are under 21 and play in 3 matches (including friendlies), or in FIFA or Confederation competition, then you are tied to that teams sporting nationality.

I'm not saying she's not talented. I'm just stating factually that countries stock pile players.
The US has lost a few players recently to other countries . Mexico and some of the EU countries are big worry items.
The US has expanded their dual citizen questionaire when tracking players and now asks if the player has any other nationalies that "..could potentially allow them to obtain an additional passport".

right or wrong.. countries do stock pile at the youth level

There are probably 15-20 midfielders at the 2009&2010 age group who were better picks than that choice.
But, that 2011 holds a few passports and she's probably now tied to the US. The rules state that if you are under 21 and play in 3 matches (including friendlies), or in FIFA or Confederation competition, then you are tied to that teams sporting nationality.

I'm not saying she's not talented. I'm just stating factually that countries stock pile players.
The US has lost a few players recently to other countries . Mexico and some of the EU countries are big worry items.
The US has expanded their dual citizen questionaire when tracking players and now asks if the player has any other nationalies that "..could potentially allow them to obtain an additional passport".

That makes a lot of sense for why they may have scooped her up so quick with 09's and now on 10's. I'm not saying she may not be a great fit for the up and coming 2011 team but I've watched her play with the 09's and she was way below the bar soccer wise and also height and weight wise.

That makes a lot of sense for why they may have scooped her up so quick with 09's and now on 10's. I'm not saying she may not be a great fit for the up and coming 2011 team but I've watched her play with the 09's and she was way below the bar soccer wise and also height and weight wise.

Agree, i watched as well and I know one parent very well that was there and the feeling was the same.
If you look at the 06, 07, 08 there are a handful of kids who locked in their sporting nationality and have never been called back into camp again.
So they aren't getting called in by the US, and they can not be called into their other country's team.
I suspect that same will happen with the 09s where some kids won't be called back in. It's not for lack skill, it's that they can be parked on the sidelines while new kids are brought in and they have no bargaining powers.

FIFA is rumored to be voting to remove youth games from counting against the sporting nationality rule. If passed that will change the dynamics a bit.

What is her club team?

ECNL playoffs just finished with Slammers Koge winning back to back championships and Legends rising from missing the playoffs in U13 to being finalists in U14. Beach RL got over the hump to win their first RL championship.

First year of high school for the majority of these kids. So what is the state of the union at the preseason?

Some unknowns on the RL side as Slammers RL had some turn over. Legends RL is rebuilding.

We have the introduction of RL2.

Liverpool is now SoCal Reds GA with their head coach now taking the helm of Blues NL as SoCal Blues aims to rebuild their olders program.

Surf Cup Brackets were released and it looks like @Carlsbad7 is going to get his wish with City SC GA getting a shot at Slammers Koge.

Sporting CA NL appears to be completely decimated

Pats NL grabbed some RL talent hoping to rebuild

Legends has more players planning on joining them now the NL season is over.

Slammers NL brought up some players from RL and grabbed a strong Center Mid from Sporting NL

Koge hands over the reins to CB for next year and seems to remain the early favorite to threepete imo

On the GA side, City SC is top dog in the west making it to the semifinals

On the NPL side, TFA OC and Fury are top in class both playing in the semifinals today and still maintaining their rosters for next year.

I just have a simple question…why does it seem all the girls 07 games at night? who wants to drive or have their daughter and teammates drive 30 to 40 miles for a game on Saturday night
?

When you start picking players based on inclusivity and try to even things up based on locations instead of the best talent, you will not get the best results when it comes to winning...It's a fact of life not a dumb thing to say...
Who said there is anything about inclusivity in the USYNT selection process? When people use the word "woke" it's usually completely baseless, dumb and unnecessarily brings in politics to a conversation that has nothing to do with politics.

I get so confused on these cap tie rules

But isn’t it correct you aren’t actually cap tied? you can still ask for a one time switch , and if you haven’t appeared for the senior level team ,it’s seems that FIFA will approve it ( see Balogun for USMNT). Even if you have appeared for the senior level team , I think you can still apply for a switch

i guess I d probably be in favor of no cap ties rules at all at the youth level.

We shouldn’t be able to stockpile dual Mex/USA women , that seems to not be in the best interest of the player , and doesn’t help grow the game globally

Tophat is 4th in the Nation again. For doing what? The best team they played was 148. Playing teams ranked 300, 400. Come on with that rankings app.
Agree, I haven't looked too closely but it seems odd how certain teams jump up so quickly.

I remember before the rankings app. The big youth soccer sites would just announce rankings for clubs based on arbitrary variables. At least the rankings app makes the decision process more consistent.

It's also frustrating that for 2010s it's unlikely there will be much cross league play anymore. Since ECNL has a larger number of highly ranked teams they're going to have more opportunities to play highly ranked teams. GA has less highly ranked teams which means to stay highly ranked teams will need to blow out opponents and run up scores.

It's also frustrating that for 2010s it's unlikely there will be much cross league play anymore. Since ECNL has a larger number of highly ranked teams they're going to have more opportunities to play highly ranked teams. GA has less highly ranked teams which means to stay highly ranked teams will need to blow out opponents and run up scores.
not really true though. Tophat hasn't played any ECNL team and they are #4. Make it make sense!!!

Agree, I haven't looked too closely but it seems odd how certain teams jump up so quickly.

I remember before the rankings app. The big youth soccer sites would just announce rankings for clubs based on arbitrary variables. At least the rankings app makes the decision process more consistent.

I am a big advocate of rankings app but, this is its biggest flaw in my opinion. Speaking from years of experience, teams that are really good can often score goals at will against average teams. It depends greatly on the coach and how he controls the game with what players are in the game. Once the score of a game is say 5-0, a quality coach should start taking out his talented goal scorers and give other players the majority of playing time. He/she has secured the win and now can reward the bench players for their loyalty to the team. However………other coaches run up the score and the rankings app seems to reward that behavior. Then the team runs into a lower ranked team that is properly ranked and gets smacked and people wonder what happened. Well, the team that play low ranked teams and run up the score was greatly over ranked. You see it in the ECNL playoffs time and time again.

I am a big advocate of rankings app but, this is its biggest flaw in my opinion. Speaking from years of experience, teams that are really good can often score goals at will against average teams. It depends greatly on the coach and how he controls the game with what players are in the game. Once the score of a game is say 5-0, a quality coach should start taking out his talented goal scorers and give other players the majority of playing time. He/she has secured the win and now can reward the bench players for their loyalty to the team. However………other coaches run up the score and the rankings app seems to reward that behavior. Then the team runs into a lower ranked team that is properly ranked and gets smacked and people wonder what happened. Well, the team that play low ranked teams and run up the score was greatly over ranked. You see it in the ECNL playoffs time and time again.
I like the rankings app too and its normally pretty close but when it does things like this your like ummm ok. For all the socal teams the predictor is pretty well on each game.

Here's another one. Galaxy GA. #17 in the nation. Played West Coast GA and lost. Played FRAM GA and tied 1-1. Lost to Kansas GA ranked 347 in the nation but they are #17. Makes zero sense. Sorry but any GA team in the top 30 in the nation right now is nonsense. Yeah its a bummer these teams never come out here to play in tournaments. Seeing what happens to teams like Charlotte ECNL in ECNL playoffs every year I don't blame them.

How is Top Hat supposed to play other top teams? Almost all of our events are ECNL only.

A little bit of cross league play would help.

Back