How’s the 2024-2025 season going?

Can’t get anything by you! Definitely not Sharks Legends. That would probably not be only 2 goals scored. No reflection on the Legends. They are in my opinion, the 3rd best club in So Cal if you look at the big picture. The other two are Surf and Koge with the Blues coming in runner up. They (Legends) put teams together in the later ages and have incredible older teams. Surf used to have that philosophy, but finally realized that if you don’t have a natural feeder system (read rec program) it is much easier and better to build strong teams at the very beginning. Success breeds successful recruiting which leads to more success.
No, you can't:cool:

I can’t speak about 12/11’s nor 07/08’s since I did not see those game. I saw the 10’s and 09’s. The 10’s game was actually closer than the score resembles. It could have easily been a tie if legends put their chances away. They missed 4 clear shots at goals that left Everyone scratching their heads. The 09’s was surf first half and legends second half. Should have been a tie imo. Surf was handed a penalty that should not have been a penalty and legends was not given a penalty form a clear hand inside the box. That game should have ended 1-1
Thanks for the other side's point of view Luis. First off, no excuses and I love it. Based on what my other friend told me, it was more of a tie than a 2-0 route like Surfer Dad is promoting. Was Surf handed another PK by the local Sherriff who also happens to be BFF with Surf's higher ups?

Thanks for the other side's point of view Luis. First off, no excuses and I love it. Based on what my other friend told me, it was more of a tie than a 2-0 route like Surfer Dad is promoting. Was Surf handed another PK by the local Sherriff who also happens to be BFF with Surf's higher ups?
No pk’s for 10’s it was actually a good game to watch. Lots of back and forth: Both teams created chances. Surf just put them away.

Never said it was a route. The club dominated the day, never said 2-0 was a route. You know better than to put words in my post 😉

Said the ‘09’s survived……..

Can’t get anything by you! Definitely not Sharks Legends. That would probably not be only 2 goals scored. No reflection on the Legends. They are in my opinion, the 3rd best club in So Cal if you look at the big picture. The other two are Surf and Koge with the Blues coming in runner up. They (Legends) put teams together in the later ages and have incredible older teams. Surf used to have that philosophy, but finally realized that if you don’t have a natural feeder system (read rec program) it is much easier and better to build strong teams at the very beginning. Success breeds successful recruiting which leads to more success.
This is true.

I have a younger younger also playing and you can see the efforts that Surf is putting into the really young teams. Quality coaches for 9 year olds. What's different is they have A, B, and sometimes C competitive teams. It used to be only A and sometimes B teams. I bet that running rec teams is what allows the additional competitive teams. It's interesting that even at the youngest levels Surf is able to keep their parents under control and quiet.

Tangent but related...

At 9 years old in California you play a build out line. The ref we had yesterday sounded English + didn't understand the concept of a build out line. He also allowed goalies to boot out the ball and just for fun he called offsides like you would for olders. (Because he didn't understand the build out like concept) But just for fun my kid did a perfect header which advanced the ball to another player in a break away situation and he called it back because headers are illegal. So I guess he read parts of the rulebook just not all. I wanted to chat with him after and explain the build out line concept. But I could tell he wasn't the type that was ever wrong. If you don't want to enforce the rules fine let's go. But don't enforce the rules selectively (no headers).

I’m surprised there’s no mention of LA Surf GA beating City SC GA 2-1? I didn’t have that on my bingo card.

Great job to legends for putting up 4 on slammers and shutting them out too

I’m surprised there’s no mention of LA Surf GA beating City SC GA 2-1? I didn’t have that on my bingo card.

Great job to legends for putting up 4 on slammers and shutting them out too
LAFC seems to be flying under the radar, the pick-up of former Eagles player is working out for them even though they lost 2-1 to Surf. Beach got 2 of their players back and had big win this weekend over Breakers.

LAFC seems to be flying under the radar, the pick-up of former Eagles player is working out for them even though they lost 2-1 to Surf. Beach got 2 of their players back and had big win this weekend over Breakers.
LAFC is a good strong team. They are going to give anyone a battle this season. They only lost to Surf and Pats so far. We still need to see what they do though when they get into more of the meat of their schedule. I think this year your going to see a lot more close games if its between the top half of the league. These teams are getting much more balanced out then they used to be in years past.

Same story in Norcal. 10s beat 09s at an ID event, 5-1. That's going to be a very tough team to make.
and it shows how lame the setup is because your not getting the best talent. They will take the same numbers in 10's as they will in 09's when in reality the second level of 10's that don't even go could beat the first level of 09's. I would argue you could even go down to the 3rd level of 10's and beat the 09's. Hopefully I'm wrong and they realize the 10's are special and they should do things differently for them or any age group that is different like the 10's.

Same story in Norcal. 10s beat 09s at an ID event, 5-1. That's going to be a very tough team to make.
That's for sure, it's going to be a very tough team to make and I bet over time there will be a lot of player being moved around. I could even see the strongest 10's playing up a year on the national team replacing current 09's that are no longer relevant.

People need to lower their expectations of YNT IDC. Keep in mind that on average 3-4 girls from SoCal will be brought into national camps going forward for these age groups. Everybody else will be there as fillers so that they can watch those 3-4 girls in a scrimmage environment.

People need to lower their expectations of YNT IDC. Keep in mind that on average 3-4 girls from SoCal will be brought into national camps going forward for these age groups. Everybody else will be there as fillers so that they can watch those 3-4 girls in a scrimmage environment.
100%. it's why that dumb GDA league was a joke. Telling rich elite parents that their kid has a chance to make "The List" was total bullshit and giving them 25% starts was so Pay For Play that were now paying for it. It was a big fat lie. Same for the "coach" that tells a slow runner they can make them fast and quick.

So chances will be slim to non for most new prospects? Are you saying 3-4 new girls or comparing the current 3-4 girls from Socal in USA camps to the rest of the fillers in Socal? To then possibly replace current Socal players? Makes no sense. This should be done on a National level instead. Socal & Norcal should have the majority of the USA players in the long run.

So chances will be slim to non for most new prospects? Are you saying 3-4 new girls or comparing the current 3-4 girls from Socal in USA camps to the rest of the fillers in Socal? To then possibly replace current Socal players? Makes no sense. This should be done on a National level instead. Socal & Norcal should have the majority of the USA players in the long run.
While there cannot be any debate that SoCal have the deepest "best teams", this does not translate to the best national players. Picking from the national based pool, there will be a uniform selection of YNT players from across the entire country. Good futbol is played more but not exclusively in SoCal. Team wise no question. Individual player wise, for those capable of international impact is not the same. International candidates are located all over the country.

While there cannot be any debate that SoCal have the deepest "best teams", this does not translate to the best national players. Picking from the national based pool, there will be a uniform selection of YNT players from across the entire country. Good futbol is played more but not exclusively in SoCal. Team wise no question. Individual player wise, for those capable of international impact is not the same. International candidates are located all over the country.
Sure that makes sense but I think what others are trying to argue here is that since Socal has the most dominant teams, that should also mean they most likely have the more dominant prospects for national players. So its quite obvious that they should receive the highest amount of picks for any particular USA camp for this age group.

Sure that makes sense but I think what others are trying to argue here is that since Socal has the most dominant teams, that should also mean they most likely have the more dominant prospects for national players. So its quite obvious that they should receive the highest amount of picks for any particular USA camp for this age group.
they don't. They make it all fair and even and thats the problem. If your on the bubble in SoCal go to Virginia and your in. There nothing new to that game. Come on Objective, how can you say SoCal has the best teams and then say they don't have the best talent. That's ridiculous.

Back