How’s the 2024-2025 season going?

Looks like great weekend of soccer! Dominant 4-0 win for Legends. All other games seem to be close (based on scoreline). I thought Surf would win by 2 or more. HBK with narrow 1-0 win.
I heard Surf was missing 3 key players for this game. The ones that attended the USA national camp.

I wouldn’t call it an upset. Pats did some good recruiting during the summer. They had some strong showings in their scrimmages too in August. Expect them to do well this year if they stay healthy.
yeah I was just going off of national rankings in the soccer app. Rebels beat Heat but they were only separated by about 10 spots in the rankings. Pats and LAFC were separated by 60 spots in the national rankings. All other favorites won. Lots of close games all around. Should be a fun season.

yeah I was just going off of national rankings in the soccer app. Rebels beat Heat but they were only separated by about 10 spots in the rankings. Pats and LAFC were separated by 60 spots in the national rankings. All other favorites won. Lots of close games all around. Should be a fun season.
I was also basing it off the same logic, good win for Pats (my predictions were both incorrect, LOL).

Midweek tie, Pats over Blues?

seems rebels must have made some improvements as well as they are beating the projections. Are girls on the bubble with surf going there?
So many unknowns this early in the season. Given there's only 16 games this season, the margin for error for mid to bottom tier teams trying to make playoffs is very small. IMO, Top 4 should not change much, in no particular order (Surf, Koge, Legends, Slammers FC), 5-7 (Beach, Eagles, Legends SD). 8-9 will be a dogfight between the early surprisers (Rebels, LAFC, Pats, Blues). Would be very fun to watch how it unfolds!

We need more intel on who's moved to which teams.

So many unknowns this early in the season. Given there's only 16 games this season, the margin for error for mid to bottom tier teams trying to make playoffs is very small. IMO, Top 4 should not change much, in no particular order (Surf, Koge, Legends, Slammers FC), 5-7 (Beach, Eagles, Legends SD). 8-9 will be a dogfight between the early surprisers (Rebels, LAFC, Pats, Blues). Would be very fun to watch how it unfolds!

We need more intel on who's moved to which teams.
4-9 is the fight. There's no reason to put any of those teams right now in a spot. 4-9 will fill out depending on how each team does each week as any of those teams could probably end up as #4. I don't see any of them cracking the top 3 unless there are some serious surprises. Who knows. Yes playing these teams once a year now is very strange. Odds are you will only play them once a calendar year in ECNL. Maybe twice if you meet in a round of 16 playoff or a final. Only other chance to meet up would be maybe a tournament but getting the top dogs all in one SoCal tournament will never happen.

4-9 is the fight. There's no reason to put any of those teams right now in a spot. 4-9 will fill out depending on how each team does each week as any of those teams could probably end up as #4. I don't see any of them cracking the top 3 unless there are some serious surprises. Who knows. Yes playing these teams once a year now is very strange. Odds are you will only play them once a calendar year in ECNL. Maybe twice if you meet in a round of 16 playoff or a final. Only other chance to meet up would be maybe a tournament but getting the top dogs all in one SoCal tournament will never happen.
Definitely! Especially disapointing for Surf playing the Blues this early in the season for the one and only league game, especially at the ‘11s and ‘12’s. Both clubs ranked 1 and 2, and sure enough both games end in a tie. The ‘10’s blues gave a good game to Surf in a 2-1 game with an asterisk, 3 players absent due to national camp. No chance at redemption until playoffs once your one game is played.

Definitely! Especially disapointing for Surf playing the Blues this early in the season for the one and only league game, especially at the ‘11s and ‘12’s. Both clubs ranked 1 and 2, and sure enough both games end in a tie. The ‘10’s blues gave a good game to Surf in a 2-1 game with an asterisk, 3 players absent due to national camp. No chance at redemption until playoffs once your one game is played.
and that's even a strong maybe for playoffs unless the format gets totally switched around. There's more odds to play a southwest team in finals than playoffs.

Shows the strength of the youngers Surf and Blues. For 2010, 2-1 is fair result considering Surf missing their 3 players and Blues playing a lot of recent and current RL players. I highly doubt we will be seeing these 2 teams in playoffs with SW being a juggernaut of a division (Blues could be in trouble).

Sensing a little surf envy 🤔 The question was asked why only 2-1 and it was probably the main logical conclusion. I’ll even take it even further... They were missing the best 2010 striker in California. The one that scored 2 goals on Koge in 5 minutes at surf cup.
We all know Surf, HBK and Legends are the current benchmark, shit I’m envious at how those clubs handle business.

Just asked a friend who watched the game, she said Blues had the chance to tie and even win the game. I’m sure the game would be different with the 3 missing key players but they weren’t and being #1 team, they still handled business.

Sensing a little surf envy 🤔 The question was asked why only 2-1 and it was probably the main logical conclusion. I’ll even take it even further... They were missing the best 2010 striker in California. The one that scored 2 goals on Koge in 5 minutes at surf cup.
No envy , not even an ounce of envy. Surf is a great team and very fun to watch. My point was that they are still an amazing team without these 3 players. A team of that caliber should be able to do well without them. Too much emphasis is placed on these kids who have been noticed by USA soccer in junior high .They are barely freshman in high school or 8 th graders. A lot will take shape in these next few years. They are amazing players, don’t get me wrong. Koge is a great team also . On any given day surf can beat koge and koge can beat surf - one of the best rivalries around in my opinion.

Back