How’s the 2024-2025 season going?

The amount of time the Highschool age kids are playing throughout the year gets relentless. If they play Highschool, they only get a short amount of time for rest and vacations. That is the second half of July and August, a couple weeks near Christmas. Besides that, they are playing League and attending League Events September into early December. Highschool has already started in December, so they immediately start playing 2-3 games a week into February maybe March if they are in CIF Playoffs. Then straight into the League Spring schedule through Late June to July. I don't think most of the higher level teams have any interest in joining summer tournaments. Most of these teams are likely using a couple summer tournaments to try roster changes/movements with any new additions they have, and tune up for the beginning of League.
Also keep in mind that summer tournament participation is also dependent on if teams make it to Finals. This is because finals are typically early to mid July.

City SC GA is probably the strongest team at Blues Cup this year in 2010 Lime with Blues ECNL and FRAM GA tied for second. City has a pretty good thing going right now. Overall yeah the competition is not what it used to be for the age group at Blues cup but I see that as being an Olders thing and don't see it changing for blues cup for this age group. Surf Cup will continue to be the strongest tournament for the age group.
Pretty much called that one! Times are changing. Never would have thought I would see the day the 2010 Blues NL loosing to a GA team. 16-0 vs GA teams for the past 3 years until today.

I'm not like that.

Just happy to play quality teams in a fun tournament.
It's all that real the competitor wants. The Elite parent just wants to win, and they will pay whatever it takes to win. I'm for Quality teams, quality tournaments and quality refs for a fair price. Today you have parents spending over $25,000 a year if your dd happens to be on one of the few quality teams in SoCal that makes the playoffs.

Same! Predicted City to win. Game went to PK’s and City got the job done.
Pk's wow. Just goes to show that these 2 GA teams are the best in CA. Both teams have been very consistent and have shown they can play and compete vs any NL team. Congratulations...

Pk's wow. Just goes to show that these 2 GA teams are the best in CA. Both teams have been very consistent and have shown they can play and compete vs any NL team. Congratulations...
I’m not confident if it is because they are that good, or Blues is not good. I heard that Blues only had one sub and an injury and City had 6 subs. Either way, great win for City.

Best team in the tournament was probably that 2011 Blues NL team. Heard politics prevented them from joining top bracket
I'm hearing that the 2011 Blues RL team had NL players. Not that it really matters, they played in the top bracket and won it all. More of an optics thing. Do you register as an NL team with RL guests or an RL team with NL guests.

I'm hearing that the 2011 Blues RL team had NL players. Not that it really matters, they played in the top bracket and won it all. More of an optics thing. Do you register as an NL team with RL guests or an RL team with NL guests.
The team in the 2010 blue bracket was the 2011 Blues NL team

Team is gone at some clubs. Tad only had 7 teams in 40+ years of coaching youth soccer. He would take U11 thru U18. If you didn't get cut along the way, you would have played on the same team for 7 years. I love that. I spoke to some of Tads former players and most of these teams all went to each others weddings and birthdays. It was special and why Tad's team always won. No way that happen in todays club soccer. You truly have no idea what team of players will show up at the big clubs that throw all the girls in the pool and then spread them out each week. No team in that and more about whats best for the club and the individual.

I’m not confident if it is because they are that good, or Blues is not good. I heard that Blues only had one sub and an injury and City had 6 subs. Either way, great win for City.
Looks like the third tournament in August for Blues. Surf Cup, then West Coast, then Blues Cup.

That’s a lot of wear and tear, especially if you’re running a short roster.

Back