G2010 - How’s the 2022 season going?

Considering 05/04 they're probably trying to get as many players on the ECNL team (not ECRL) as possible so they're more marketable to college recruiters.

Or maybe players arent very committed so they're just making sure they have enough to field a team week after week.
The double year teams are just bigger. You have all of the 05s and half of the 04s. Even if you did nothing more than keep everyone who played last year, you would end up rostering at least 25.

It may not matter by then. Playing your last season on one big team is probably more fun than watching five of your friends get cut.

The double year teams are just bigger. You have all of the 05s and half of the 04s. Even if you did nothing more than keep everyone who played last year, you would end up rostering at least 25.

It may not matter by then. Playing your last season on one big team is probably more fun than watching five of your friends get cut.

It probably matters for the Trapped Players who will play on the double year team twice; their Junior Year and Senior Year. It is really stupid to have NCAA rules based on Grade Year of players, and at the same time, purposely create teams based on Calendar Year. Trapped Players get the short end of the stick in 8th Grade, when their teams are in the High School season, and they have no team to practice/play with. Again in the summer between Freshman and Sophomore year, when the majority of the team is focused on college communications June 15th (because they are a grade year ahead), but they are just in a holding pattern. Junior year when they are in prime recruiting mode, but are fighting for playing time on an inflated roster due to the double year team scenario, and again Senior year when most of the team has already moved onto College.

Considering 05/04 they're probably trying to get as many players on the ECNL team (not ECRL) as possible so they're more marketable to college recruiters.

Or maybe players arent very committed so they're just making sure they have enough to field a team week after week.
Slammers doesn’t need to put 29 girls on an ECNL team. The RL program is one of the top in the country and most of those girls can play ECNL at other clubs. There may not be room for those girls to play there either.

All 4 slammers ecnl teams get D1 offers. I’d say probably 90%+ are getting college offers in both NL and RL. Even in their NPL and E64 teams those girls are getting college offers.

The Slammers RL branch and the E64 kind of works independently than the other Slammers NL programs.

They’re out of Goldenwest College where as the other 3 teams are out of OC Great Park. Those who go to the HB branch typically stay there. Slammers has their own in house college showcases which has a large turnout of college scouts.

29 girls on the ECNL roster, that may be girls being dual rostered with other teams or they’re coming for the college scouting access or they are trapped players who have graduated already.
IMG_1571.pngIMG_1662.png

Senior year for girls is less important because recruitment is mostly done. Seniors have a lot of other commitments and the preference is to have more teammates to help out in order to meet the demands of ECNL schedules.

Once girls hit eighth grade, the rosters get larger because outside (school) commitments and injuries happen more. It's the nature of being teenagers, getting bigger and stronger but not yet smarter with how to use their bodies.

And yes, the trapped players need to be able to play with a year younger if their birthdate is from July (Sept) to December. Those that voluntarily choose to stay back can't really get the same benefit but won't have the same problems if the trapped players are on the younger team. ECNL does allow this but they don't allow it for post season, which makes it difficult for coaches and clubs to follow this. ECNL should remove the post season barrier.

Slammers doesn’t need to put 29 girls on an ECNL team. The RL program is one of the top in the country and most of those girls can play ECNL at other clubs. There may not be room for those girls to play there either.

All 4 slammers ecnl teams get D1 offers. I’d say probably 90%+ are getting college offers in both NL and RL. Even in their NPL and E64 teams those girls are getting college offers.

The Slammers RL branch and the E64 kind of works independently than the other Slammers NL programs.

They’re out of Goldenwest College where as the other 3 teams are out of OC Great Park. Those who go to the HB branch typically stay there. Slammers has their own in house college showcases which has a large turnout of college scouts.

29 girls on the ECNL roster, that may be girls being dual rostered with other teams or they’re coming for the college scouting access or they are trapped players who have graduated already.
View attachment 16946View attachment 16947

those rankings are a bit skewed since it’s only half of the southwest bracket. I can’t talk about other ages but 2010 RL blues are #1 overall with only 1 loss in league.

Who did that SoCal blues team lose to?

Both have 60 points and tie goes to the head to head winner.

Standings 1: https://public.totalglobalsports.com/public/event/2545/individual-team/98/69517/0
Standings 2: https://public.totalglobalsports.com/public/event/2545/individual-team/96/16710/0
(need to click "Standings" on each page)

It looks like the two divisions play a different number of games (23 vs 24). Traditionally that means the ranking is by PPG rather than just points - Blues and Slammers are tied in points but not in PPG, so the head-to-head tiebreaker wouldn't apply. But this is just from looking at the standings tables - no idea if there are specific rules posted for RL somewhere that would lead to a different outcome.

Senior year for girls is less important because recruitment is mostly done. Seniors have a lot of other commitments and the preference is to have more teammates to help out in order to meet the demands of ECNL schedules.

Once girls hit eighth grade, the rosters get larger because outside (school) commitments and injuries happen more. It's the nature of being teenagers, getting bigger and stronger but not yet smarter with how to use their bodies.

And yes, the trapped players need to be able to play with a year younger if their birthdate is from July (Sept) to December. Those that voluntarily choose to stay back can't really get the same benefit but won't have the same problems if the trapped players are on the younger team. ECNL does allow this but they don't allow it for post season, which makes it difficult for coaches and clubs to follow this. ECNL should remove the post season barrier.
My advice to those with 8th grade players is to get the coach to put in writing how many will be on the roster. I had one liar tell me he would carry 18. I asked him, "how many coach" and her verbally told my dd and me to our faces, "18, I promise." Dude had his fingers crossed I found out later. He actually took 20 and and decided to tell two of players during warm ups for ECNL games that their ass is sitting that day. I told his boss about his lies and his boss asked me, "did you get this in writing Crush." I was SMFH and my dd and I had enough of the liars. Crazy Larry called her and she made one more effort to play out the season with GDA with his promise on next season, "DD, girls will be able to play HS Soccer and the GDA." That promise was broken to only the poor public school kids but the rich kids at Mater Dei, RSM and other private schools for the rich and famous got to do the GDA and HS Soccer. It was too much for us and she bailed on club soccer. Again, my sage advice is to get EVERYTHING in writing dad and mom or look out for the roster of 25+ and don't you let the Doc tell you this is how college is, so get used to it little Sally. Sr year, no one cares and your right, girls have many other interest going on.

Standings 1: https://public.totalglobalsports.com/public/event/2545/individual-team/98/69517/0
Standings 2: https://public.totalglobalsports.com/public/event/2545/individual-team/96/16710/0
(need to click "Standings" on each page)

It looks like the two divisions play a different number of games (23 vs 24). Traditionally that means the ranking is by PPG rather than just points - Blues and Slammers are tied in points but not in PPG, so the head-to-head tiebreaker wouldn't apply. But this is just from looking at the standings tables - no idea if there are specific rules posted for RL somewhere that would lead to a different outcome.
There is no mentioning of PPG for standings

IMG_1663.jpeg

Sending three players to RL is probably not a long term option. Most would try out at other area clubs within a couple months.

Most parents won't realize their kid isn't going to dress consistently until league play and that's a few weeks into the season, when payment plans are complete and league rostering/practice rules kick in, at which point they're all in.

If they're working families, paying a second set of club dues likely isn't an option.

Depends on how many are on the roster but aren’t paying for soccer.

The ones who aren't paying aren't the ones who aren't dressing (triple negative!). I guarantee you the kids taking spots 19-20+ are paying full freight. Still a straight money grab from those families, especially in a universe where "donations" are automatically added to club dues and there are "voluntary" fundraisers to support scholarship programs.

It probably matters for the Trapped Players who will play on the double year team twice; their Junior Year and Senior Year. It is really stupid to have NCAA rules based on Grade Year of players, and at the same time, purposely create teams based on Calendar Year. Trapped Players get the short end of the stick in 8th Grade, when their teams are in the High School season, and they have no team to practice/play with. Again in the summer between Freshman and Sophomore year, when the majority of the team is focused on college communications June 15th (because they are a grade year ahead), but they are just in a holding pattern. Junior year when they are in prime recruiting mode, but are fighting for playing time on an inflated roster due to the double year team scenario, and again Senior year when most of the team has already moved onto College.
You're right that I was only thinking about Senior year. Totally different situation for the kids who start the double year team as Juniors.

There is no mentioning of PPG for standings

And there's equally no mention that combining both lists of teams from 1-9 in separate brackets should be interpreted as a single list, even though they have different number of games. I get it - you think the Slammers are first. They are - in that list of 9 teams. As are the Blues in their corresponding list of 8 teams. That's why both accurately show first on their individual team page. If the intent is that it really is one 17 team bracket and should be scored/ranked that way, the tiebreaks would need to be clarified - especially if half the teams are playing more games.

MVLA vs Koge ended 0-0 in regulation
Game was decided with PKs. MVLA made all 4. Koge had their 1st and 4th PKs stopped by the MVLA Keeper. Very competitive match on both sides from the parts I watched.
Was that game indicative of the 0-0 tie or did one team dominate the other more than the other?

And there's equally no mention that combining both lists of teams from 1-9 in separate brackets should be interpreted as a single list, even though they have different number of games. I get it - you think the Slammers are first. They are - in that list of 9 teams. As are the Blues in their corresponding list of 8 teams. That's why both accurately show first on their individual team page. If the intent is that it really is one 17 team bracket and should be scored/ranked that way, the tiebreaks would need to be clarified - especially if half the teams are playing more games.
I guess I can’t read but how are they tied? Slammers are 20-4-0 with a 43 GD. Blues are 19-1-3 with a 55 GD. How are they tied? Isn’t that why they have the #1 spot in playoffs because they are #1 in league?

IMG_0440.png

Last edited:
I guess I can’t read but how are they tied? Slammers are 20-4-0 with a 43 GD. Blues are 19-1-3 with a 55 GD. How are they tied? Isn’t that why they have the #1 spot in playoffs because they are #1 in league?

View attachment 16958
It’s spelled out for you in my reply. Both teams have 60 points. 3 points per win, 1 point for tie, 0 points for a loss.
Slammers is the only team with 20 wins. Blues is the only team with 1 loss. Both teams earned 60 points. Both of them won their Division. There is no PPG for standings. If you look at the final rankings, Phoenix Rising took 3rd in Sonoran because they won the head to head against SD Surf.
2023 ECNL Girls Regional League Championship - West  TEAM LIST - Google Drive.jpeg

Since Head to Head is the first tiebreaker, Slammers would win the tie breaker if there was a Southwest Title between Blues and Slammers since both have 60 points, but I don’t believe that title exists and it’s ECRL so no one really cares.. None of it matters..
IMG_1666.pngIMG_1665.png

It’s spelled out for you in my reply. Both teams have 60 points. 3 points per win, 1 point for tie, 0 points for a loss.
Slammers is the only team with 20 wins. Blues is the only team with 1 loss. Both teams earned 60 points. Both of them won their Division. There is no PPG for standings. If you look at the final rankings, Phoenix Rising took 3rd in Sonoran because they won the head to head against SD Surf.

Since Head to Head is the first tiebreaker, Slammers would win the tie breaker if there was a Southwest Title between Blues and Slammers since both have 60 points, but I don’t believe that title exists and it’s ECRL so no one really cares.. None of it matters..
Correction about Phoenix Rising, they should be in 4th as they have less points than SD Surf who should be in 3rd. I’m sure they’ll update that when the schedule is announced.

Back