G2010 - How’s the 2022 season going?

Sorry, not exactly soccer related but has anyone with connections at Eagles heard about the travel coordinator screwing the teams over and using the travel points for their own benefit? Wouldn’t surprise me that this is the norm at most traveling clubs but I heard that parents have asked for an investigation. Never can tell when these thing come out until you see a lawsuit I guess! I am guessing the old timers that frequent this blog have some stories?

Sorry, not exactly soccer related but has anyone with connections at Eagles heard about the travel coordinator screwing the teams over and using the travel points for their own benefit? Wouldn’t surprise me that this is the norm at most traveling clubs but I heard that parents have asked for an investigation. Never can tell when these thing come out until you see a lawsuit I guess! I am guessing the old timers that frequent this blog have some stories?
That's a first. I had no idea that clubs have travel coordinators. Clubs do have college coordinators. I do know some clubs force parents to play & stay at the hotels they pick for your family and they use certain travel company. They tell the parent it helps with discounts but that is BS. I tested it one year. Orbits was $30 cheaper but I had to go through a stupid "portal" or no play for my dd. It was ruthless.

Another story from old timer crush. It was a years ago and I was on a very rich team and was down on my luck that season. -$99 in my bank account bro. Long story but got hosed in biz and was poor for a little bit. Anyway, I was new to the travel soccer and all the "requirements" to pay and play and was told 100% I had to pay to stay so my kid could play. It was at one of the nicest and most expensive hotels in Scottsdale. I was embarrassed because I could not stay. I was also hustled to pay for coach to stay in a penthouse sweet. I forget how much it all costs but I was 100% a no. Coach was already mad at me for saying no to his "extra privates" to insure I was a good human being. I did the Air b n b stay instead and was able to attend the games. Problem was, my dd didn't play much at all after starting her whole life. In fact, coach lied to us about carrying only 18 and took 20 for the extra pay out. He told my little lucky star dd that she would sit and not be rostered for the first match. TM tried to hustle me for the per diem and I told her to buzz off because I was poor dad. They took it out on my dd, which opened my eyes to this racket of a business.

That's a first. I had no idea that clubs have travel coordinators. Clubs do have college coordinators. I do know some clubs force parents to play & stay at the hotels they pick for your family and they use certain travel company. They tell the parent it helps with discounts but that is BS. I tested it one year. Orbits was $30 cheaper but I had to go through a stupid "portal" or no play for my dd. It was ruthless.
Apparently some clubs do? I was talking to some families at the Beach Soccer tourney yesterday and apparently the Eagles travel person doesn’t plan, buys last minute tickets, and uses the points to go to Hawaii! That’s exactly why I like our little GA team. Family and fun. All transparent.

Apparently some clubs do? I was talking to some families at the Beach Soccer tourney yesterday and apparently the Eagles travel person doesn’t plan, buys last minute tickets, and uses the points to go to Hawaii! That’s exactly why I like our little GA team. Family and fun. All transparent.
How do you have a travel coordinator when most of the tournaments are stay/play? Sounds comical honestly.

How do you have a travel coordinator when most of the tournaments are stay/play? Sounds comical honestly.
No idea. Our club doesn’t have a coordinator. Anyone out there at a club with travel coordinators? Eagles have one on their website. Quick Google search shows he is a high school coach and may a college coach? With stay and play no need for a coordinator unless you need a rental car or maybe a flight.

A travel coordinator makes no sense to me. Businesses that do tons of travel don’t even use travel coordinators anymore.
Can you say, "Kickbacks." This all makes sense to the travel coordinator and the other coordinators in club soccer. Youth Soccer is fun before you start being forced to Travel all over the country so your kid can be recruited by the scouts. It pays to stay local my friend. The cost to pay to have your kid play is insane. I know a few middle class dads who have big regrets for "investing" in the Travel League that have the Travel Coordinators. I have more, "Old Time Stories with Crush" if it helps some of you out.

1685971981129.png

A travel coordinator makes no sense to me. Businesses that do tons of travel don’t even use travel coordinators anymore.
It may not make sense to you but they do have a staff member listed on their website as a travel coordinator. When I heard this I thought this was a travel agency but it seems to an individual. Our team books family travel so each can do their own thing. If this is true, it is unfortunate that youth sports has to deal with people this this. Crooks are not only in congress!

Back in the day business travel coordinators would bank all the miles/points until the end of the year + at the Christmas/holiday party they’d use the free round trips as prize/awards for employees.

A good travel coordinator could save the company a lot of money. A bad one pissed everyone off + made everything difficult.

Old time stories with Crush continues. When your daughter reaches 13, the game of soccer in our country changes and pay for play takes the sport to a very wealthy level for those that have the money and the time to travel across the country. For those willing to go into debt and put it all on a credit card they can pay to play as well. It's not about family, fun and entertainment for the poor and middle class family and it's certainly not real sports competition. No, the competition becomes a rich dads fantasy sports league. If your daughter is a leader and a Maverick willing to take a stand against abusers and liars, these Papa Bears will ruin her and blame the father for not telling her to keep her lips sealed and her big mouth shut so she can be a soccer Unicorn and go to Big U. If you question the books from the crooks, you get cooked. SMFH how these rich dads took over youth soccer in Socal and made all of our dd's travel all over the USA just to play a game the kids love to play for fun. Poor and middle class families get priced out so rich daddy and his family can get all the goodies and prizes for their dd.

1685975535249.png

Some clubs have the teams travel together, with 3-4 chaperones. It ends up looking a bit like a school package tour: hotel, meals, and flights for 2 dozen people. Or 20 dozen, once you count all the teams.

For clubs that travel that way, a travel coordinator makes sense.

That makes sense financially if you do it right. The “school package” seems relevant here as well. Got a DM that the travel coordinator is a high school and college coach. Can’t make this stuff up! Someone needs to write a Netflix series coving the drama that plays out in youth sports. Extracurricular activities off the field probably would probably get a TV-MA rating!

DEAR LUIS ANDRES,

YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR USERNAME ALL YOU WANT BUT BECAUSE YOU CAN NOT HELP YOURSELF YOU GAVE UP YOUR IDENTITY WITHIN 2 POSTS

SHUUUUUT THE FUCK UP

No idea. Our club doesn’t have a coordinator. Anyone out there at a club with travel coordinators? Eagles have one on their website. Quick Google search shows he is a high school coach and may a college coach? With stay and play no need for a coordinator unless you need a rental car or maybe a flight.
It may not make sense to you but they do have a staff member listed on their website as a travel coordinator. When I heard this I thought this was a travel agency but it seems to an individual. Our team books family travel so each can do their own thing. If this is true, it is unfortunate that youth sports has to deal with people this this. Crooks are not only in congress!
That makes sense financially if you do it right. The “school package” seems relevant here as well. Got a DM that the travel coordinator is a high school and college coach. Can’t make this stuff up! Someone needs to write a Netflix series coving the drama that plays out in youth sports. Extracurricular activities off the field probably would probably get a TV-MA rating!

DEAR LUIS ANDRES,

YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR USERNAME ALL YOU WANT BUT BECAUSE YOU CAN NOT HELP YOURSELF YOU GAVE UP YOUR IDENTITY WITHIN 2 POSTS

SHUUUUUT THE FUCK UP
LOL! You got me. Need to go make up my next ID! Actually, wish I was the infamous LA as I would be Platinum by now. Based on the 2010 blog, this guy must be an interesting character. I actually come from the cloth of the old timers that come with truth and wisdom: post what you know; support your kid 100%; and enjoy the sand because life is short.

LOL! You got me. Need to go make up my next ID! Actually, wish I was the infamous LA as I would be Platinum by now. Based on the 2010 blog, this guy must be an interesting character. I actually come from the cloth of the old timers that come with truth and wisdom: post what you know; support your kid 100%; and enjoy the sand because life is short.
I read people for a living and you're no Luis, MOO :) First off, he hates the Dodgers....lol. Old time stories with crush. The best youth coach my dd ever had told me after U12, the parents can get nasty and no parent is your true friend in this sport. He said learn to have eyes in the back of your head. I got a nasty threat today and my dd is aged out and their still after me. I sure hope we can make youth soccer healthy for the kids sake some day. Not sure who you are but I love the Dodgers. 1988 was a year to remember for crush and my mother. Her grandson was a member of that team and got a ring that year. My mom baked killer cookies for the head ticket master for Blue and she got better seats then the parents of the players. Bob Welch (RIP) loved my mom and she was a clubhouse favorite. Let's be nice everyone. If you are Luis, you sure have me fooled and it won't be the last time I got played :)

I read people for a living and you're no Luis, MOO :) First off, he hates the Dodgers....lol. Old time stories with crush. The best youth coach my dd ever had told me after U12, the parents can get nasty and no parent is your true friend in this sport. He said learn to have eyes in the back of your head. I got a nasty threat today and my dd is aged out and their still after me. I sure hope we can make youth soccer healthy for the kids sake some day. Not sure who you are but I love the Dodgers. 1988 was a year to remember for crush and my mother. Her grandson was a member of that team and got a ring that year. My mom baked killer cookies for the head ticket master for Blue and she got better seats then the parents of the players. Bob Welch (RIP) loved my mom and she was a clubhouse favorite. Let's be nice everyone. If you are Luis, you sure have me fooled and it won't be the last time I got played :)
Wish I was good enough to fool the members of this board but I am not that wise, however, likely older than most on is forum. Have adult kids that both played soccer so I know some of the BS that goes on, though neither were current day MLS or ECNL caliber. Now, on my second marriage, my 2010 dd is my my main focus with GA seeming to be her speed. But since we are swapping Dodger love, I was hooked as a 15 year old when I attended Fernando's second start for the Dodgers in 1981. We lived in San Mateo and my dad surprised my brother and I with tickets that he purchased only because Fernando was starting. Immigrant from Mexico, dad was diehard Hispanic ball players, didn't matter who they played for. After watching El Toro pitch, the Dodgers were my team. Told my first wife we were moving to Socal in 1992 because of a job, it was really to be closer to Chavez Ravine, but don't tell her that! I am definitely jealous of Crush and Crush's mom, both for the Dodger connection and I never getting to taste one of the cookies.

Wish I was good enough to fool the members of this board but I am not that wise, however, likely older than most on is forum. Have adult kids that both played soccer so I know some of the BS that goes on, though neither were current day MLS or ECNL caliber. Now, on my second marriage, my 2010 dd is my my main focus with GA seeming to be her speed. But since we are swapping Dodger love, I was hooked as a 15 year old when I attended Fernando's second start for the Dodgers in 1981. We lived in San Mateo and my dad surprised my brother and I with tickets that he purchased only because Fernando was starting. Immigrant from Mexico, dad was diehard Hispanic ball players, didn't matter who they played for. After watching El Toro pitch, the Dodgers were my team. Told my first wife we were moving to Socal in 1992 because of a job, it was really to be closer to Chavez Ravine, but don't tell her that! I am definitely jealous of Crush and Crush's mom, both for the Dodger connection and I never getting to taste one of the cookies.
Fernando was the best and played with ganas. My mom was at the Gibson HR off Eck. I went to one Mets playoff game that year. She baked the best chocolate chip cookies bro. I miss her so much. She literarily saved my life from pure evil. Anyway, her grandson was a great kid and told me some crazy cocaine stories on that team. This HR still gives me goose pumps. I was on my way to pro baseball until I faced nasty curve balls and change ups in high school and my dream was crushed. I could hit 90 all day but switch that junk up and I was not good enough. I played like Pete Rose. I played my heart out. I did win the City LL Championship in 6th grade. I loved playing baseball. Great times to go back to the glory days :)

Some clubs have the teams travel together, with 3-4 chaperones. It ends up looking a bit like a school package tour: hotel, meals, and flights for 2 dozen people. Or 20 dozen, once you count all the teams.

For clubs that travel that way, a travel coordinator makes sense.
Yes, what you say is true with team travel, eventually they will do this. But the 2010’s are not yet team traveling in which a coordinator would make sense.

Back