G2010 - How’s the 2022 season going?

Surf looked like the better team for most of the game, but just couldn't finish.

Can't comment on the roster other than it looked like they had 9-10 on the bench with a few not seeing the field at all.
Do they have a roster of 21?!

Do they have a roster of 21?!
According to the ECNL website Surf has 21.

But because Manchester Cup isnt directly associated with ECNL they might have had more or less rostered if guests or someone was sick/hurt/out.

If you're not a superstar playing bench becomes a reality on superteams. This is why it's good that theres multiple options for kids to play soccer in Socal.

Competitve soccer is a marathon not a sprint. Super amazing 8yr olds can burn out by 11 and sometimes they just keep getting better and better year after year. You never know.

But because Manchester Cup isnt directly associated with ECNL they might have had more or less rostered if guests or someone was sick/hurt/out.

If you're not a superstar playing bench becomes a reality on superteams. This is why it's good that theres multiple options for kids to play soccer in Socal.

Competitve soccer is a marathon not a sprint. Super amazing 8yr olds can burn out by 11 and sometimes they just keep getting better and better year after year. You never know.
They had 21 at the final. 10 were suited up on the bench. Their full squad was there. Blues had 15.

When I was a freshman in high school I was called up with others to ride the bench in our Christmas Holiday Basketball Tournament at Laguna. I sat and watched until we played Long Beach Poly. After the varsity was down 50, I was asked to come in and mop up their disaster. It was a big wake up call for Crush and made me see reality with my eyes and that my dream of playing for UCLA in hoops was over :)

When I was a freshman in high school I was called up with others to ride the bench in our Christmas Holiday Basketball Tournament at Laguna. I sat and watched until we played Long Beach Poly. After the varsity was down 50, I was asked to come in and mop up their disaster. It was a big wake up call for Crush and made me see reality with my eyes and that my dream of playing for UCLA in hoops was over :)
People dont understand natural talent until they see it. When it happens parents (and players) quickly realize all the social nonsense in the world around getting onto XYZ super team makes no difference.

People dont understand natural talent until they see it. When it happens parents (and players) quickly realize all the social nonsense in the world around getting onto XYZ super team makes no difference.
I saw it up close and personal Carlsbad. I think it can be good to sit and watch the best of the best and see reality smack you in the face. The Jackrabbits in the early 80s were #1 in the country. Crenshaw was #2 I think. Mater Dei was just starting to poach top players and soon they would become #1. The 85' Monarchs were insane and went undefeated. I still call it cheating but whatever. Long Beach did it with home grown talent and Mater Dei bought, I mean, brought in players from other public schools. Tom Lewis was one of the first to bail on his bros from Capo. Capo was still a force but if they had Lewis with the Call Bros and the other local talent then they would have been #1. Poor little Laguna had to ball against this talent and we got killed every year brother. It was unfair to say the least but I sure learned a lot. Baseball was even worse. I will say I worked my ass off the next few years, grew 7 inches and got better and by the time I was 21, I could hang and hold my own with the like's of Ced out of CSUF and Scott Brooks at UCI.

I will say I worked my ass off the next few years, grew 7 inches and got better and by the time I was 21, I could hang and hold my own with the like's of Ced out of CSUF and Scott Brooks at UCI.
I need to confess Carlsbad. I just caught myself embellishing. Those were some fun times but I did NOT hold my own against Cedric and Scotty Brooks. I just got to play with them on the same team, one at UCI and one at CSUF. I passed them both the ball and played solid defense. They were ball hogs, but they liked me because I passed them the rock. That's the truth bro.

All the rosters are getting bigger. Not necessarily 21, but that may be the last time we see a top team with 15.

Carrying more than 18 is a straight money grab, particular when there are one or more teams below where reserves could/should be rostered to get play time.

Carrying more than 18 is a straight money grab, particular when there are one or more teams below where reserves could/should be rostered to get play time.
And that’s where you should look at a clubs RL teams and see how they are doing. Blues 2010 swept the 2010 bracket. 2010 RL lost 1 game in league and is at the top of the heap. Surf RL is in the middle. Maybe Surf should let some of these girls develop and play RL? I guess we will see how this all plays out in the years to come.

And that’s where you should look at a clubs RL teams and see how they are doing. Blues 2010 swept the 2010 bracket. 2010 RL lost 1 game in league and is at the top of the heap. Surf RL is in the middle. Maybe Surf should let some of these girls develop and play RL? I guess we will see how this all plays out in the years to come.

Hard to do if the plan is to carry 20+ on the RL roster.

Sending three players to RL is probably not a long term option. Most would try out at other area clubs within a couple months.

You got to be joking Toon?
I know a handful a players on that team and heard 27 when the year started. I looked up the roster on the TGS ECNL app before I posted and counted 29. And none were promoted from regional league team from what I was told.

Considering 05/04 they're probably trying to get as many players on the ECNL team (not ECRL) as possible so they're more marketable to college recruiters.

Or maybe players arent very committed so they're just making sure they have enough to field a team week after week.

Considering 05/04 they're probably trying to get as many players on the ECNL team (not ECRL) as possible so they're more marketable to college recruiters.

Or maybe players arent very committed so they're just making sure they have enough to field a team week after week.
Can you say, "burnout"

Back