G2010 - How’s the 2022 season going?

If you were to take out the top 3-4 2010 ecnl teams from the equation then the playing ground is leveled between GA and ECNL. Not much difference
this isnt true. all you have to do is look at surf cup and west coast classic. the top GA teams are competitive with the bottom half of ECNL teams at best.

this isnt true. all you have to do is look at surf cup and west coast classic. the top GA teams are competitive with the bottom half of ECNL teams at best.

Well then GA is a tier 2 league and will most likely stay like that if they are not able to get the top talent. ECNL seems to be a mafia. Only the chosen clubs that meet the supposed requirements can be part of it meanwhile it is much easier to join the GA league and they seem to accept just about any club. Top talent tends to gravitate towards ECNL because as of today they attract this talent and have the relationship with the Elite clubs. ECNL has become the status quo for top talent. it’s going to be very tough for GA to compete if they can’t attract the top talent to their league.

Well then GA is a tier 2 league and will most likely stay like that if they are not able to get the top talent. ECNL seems to be a mafia. Only the chosen clubs that meet the supposed requirements can be part of it meanwhile it is much easier to join the GA league and they seem to accept just about any club. Top talent tends to gravitate towards ECNL because as of today they attract top talent and have the relationship with the Elite clubs. ECNL has become the status quo for top talent. it’s going to be very tough for GA to compete if they can’t attract the top talent to their league.
this is true.

And if you look at other events with cross play among the older age groups, like Silverlakes Summer Showcase, or smaller tournaments in the region, you will see that the GA teams are not doing well against the RL, NPL, or Flight 1 teams. A lot of people like to fall back on the, "we would need to see what would happen if the leagues would play in each other's tournaments." Well, they have, all throughout the summer, we don't need to speculate, you can review the brackets and see what happened.

What does it matter? If you have a player that is consistently out performing thier teammates, and needs to find a higher talented team, you need to know what teams/coaches to start looking at. It doesn't do any good for your player to change teams/league's into the same level of play. The top ECRL, NPL, and even Flight 1 teams have shown that they can compete with the bottom half of ECNL just as well as the GA teams. If your DD is playing on a high performing Flight 1, NPL, or ECRL and looking to move up, shifting to a GA team is likely not going to provide an increase in the level of play. If you are looking to move up from a bottom of the NPL or Flight 1 team, there are a lot of options: NPL, Flight 1, GA, ECRL are going to be nominally the same.

Looks like Players Tournament had 4 ECNL teams last weekend. From the results it looks like Pats will need at least another year to be competitive. Slammers ECNL only lost 1-0 to Beach so they’ll give most teams a tough time. Beach beat Koge in the finals. Both good teams that will battle back and forth this year.

This weekend at Blues Cup the three top teams will be playing (Surf, Blues, Eagles) Should be some really good semi’s and finals. Be safe out there with the heat.

Looks like Players Tournament had 4 ECNL teams last weekend. From the results it looks like Pats will need at least another year to be competitive. Slammers ECNL only lost 1-0 to Beach so they’ll give most teams a tough time. Beach beat Koge in the finals. Both good teams that will battle back and forth this year.

This weekend at Blues Cup the three top teams will be playing (Surf, Blues, Eagles) Should be some really good semi’s and finals. Be safe out there with the heat.
Surf ECNL is in blues cup?

Looks like it is Eagles RL, my bad. Schedule says Surf 2010 Barclay so I’m assuming that’s the ECNL team unless Barclay coaches a second 2010 team.

Is this thing on? Over a month without any comments on this thread! Now that we’re about 6 or 7 games into the Fall season with showcases on the horizon, anything new, interesting, or unexpected to report?

Is this thing on? Over a month without any comments on this thread! Now that we’re about 6 or 7 games into the Fall season with showcases on the horizon, anything new, interesting, or unexpected to report?
Looks like the losers from Surf Cup (Eagles, Surf and HBK Slammers) are actually legit teams and the other one (Blues) have cracks in the armor…

In the inland empire both Legends and Sporting are in a free fall.

Legends:
Roster holes.
Politics.
One dimensional offense.
No in game adjustments.
Whiny parents forcing coach to play little Suzy and Betsy when they’re not ready for that level.
Nice core of players though.

Sporting > CHAOS (putting it nicely)
Undedicated coaches.
Huge Lack of leadership.
Politics> Egregious mismanagement of good players.
Zero adjustments.
Also has a nice core of players.

Lots of talent in the IE. Hopefully they’ll get these teams right next season.

Looks like the losers from Surf Cup (Eagles, Surf and HBK Slammers) are actually legit teams and the other one (Blues) have cracks in the armor…

I was wondering the same thing. How did the Blues go from a dominating performance at Surf Cup to losing to the Eagles 0-3 and Surf 0-1 and struggling with other teams that on paper they should have easily dominated. Is it coach, player related ? Anyone that may know please chime in.

In the inland empire both Legends and Sporting are in a free fall.

Legends:
Roster holes.
Politics.
One dimensional offense.
No in game adjustments.
Whiny parents forcing coach to play little Suzy and Betsy when they’re not ready for that level.
Nice core of players though.

Sporting > CHAOS (putting it nicely)
Undedicated coaches.
Huge Lack of leadership.
Politics> Egregious mismanagement of good players.
Zero adjustments.
Also has a nice core of players.

Lots of talent in the IE. Hopefully they’ll get these teams right next season.

Arsenal needs to have a come to Jesus with the parents of all the 2010s who are all filling up rosters at Blues and Slammers. Its going to be a hard sell to come back to Arsenal. They can start by changing the leadership at Arsenal and an apology for not listening to their concerns about said leadership. Parents from the existing squad are already asking how they can leave and play for non-ecnl teams just to get out of the mess that's there.

I was wondering the same thing. How did the Blues go from a dominating performance at Surf Cup to losing to the Eagles 0-3 and Surf 0-1 and struggling with other teams that on paper they should have easily dominated. Is it coach, player related ? Anyone that may know please chime in.

I know they've had some injuries. I expect Blues to be back to normal by the end of October, hopefully sooner.

It’s because they have cancers on that team… everyone knows that a once proud team is being held hostage by a family or maybe two… if you let the coaches lead, you’ll probably see a better Blues, I mean Sporting, I mean Legends team … or something like that LOL

It’s because they have cancers on that team… everyone knows that a once proud team is being held hostage by a family or maybe two… if you let the coaches lead, you’ll probably see a better Blues, I mean Sporting, I mean Legends team … or something like that LOL
[/QUOTE

My opinion:

They are still elite. Some injuries. But in watching them play recently I feel they have a lot of the same style/type of players. They lack variety and lack some size in the mid. Also, futsal is lovely for the youngers but it doesn’t transfer to the big field. If anyone in the west coast challenges them to a futsal game , they’ll dominate every day of the week. But soccer is soccer. They’re still talented but give credit to other programs/players as well. This is SoCal, lots of talent here.

Eagles has the most well rounded roster in my opinion.

My opinion:

They are still elite. Some injuries. But in watching them play recently I feel they have a lot of the same style/type of players. They lack variety and lack some size in the mid. Also, futsal is lovely for the youngers but it doesn’t transfer to the big field. If anyone in the west coast challenges them to a futsal game , they’ll dominate every day of the week. But soccer is soccer. They’re still talented but give credit to other programs/players as well. This is SoCal, lots of talent here.

That's the sad part. Some parents wasn't able to see that their little Messi is struggling on the big field because they impressed in Futsal.
I would say Futsal is holding the team back.

My opinion:

Interesting from what I remember last time seeing Blues at Surf cup is that they had a very strong midfield. Not sure if the claim about futsal is relevant. Surf SD most play futsal as well for 619 and they don’t have the same problem on the soccer field and they don’t have the size either. Surf SD is ranked #1 in the nation so there goes that claim about futsal.

That's the sad part. Some parents wasn't able to see that their little Messi is struggling on the big field because they impressed in Futsal.
I would say Futsal is holding the team back.

Who would be their little Messi? Now you got me curious. No need to mention players by name just Jersey number is fine.

Back