G2010 - How’s the 2022 season going?

West Coast FC tournament has some great matchups that’ll help decide how everyone stacks up. In the 09 bracket you have SoCal Blues Rogers ECNL potentially matching up with Legends FC ECNL.

In the 2010s you have:
Bracket A
TeamMPWLDGFGAGDPTS
1SDSC Surf 10G GA (CAS)
2Eagles G2010 ECNL
3Pateadores G2010 ECNL (CAS)
View Tiebreaker Information
Bracket B

Then in the second bracket there’s:
Bracket A
Bracket B

West Coast FC tournament has some great matchups that’ll help decide how everyone stacks up. In the 09 bracket you have SoCal Blues Rogers ECNL potentially matching up with Legends FC ECNL.

In the 2010s you have:
Bracket A
TeamMPWLDGFGAGDPTS
1SDSC Surf 10G GA (CAS)00000000
2Eagles G2010 ECNL00000000
3Pateadores G2010 ECNL (CAS)00000000
Bracket B

Then in the second bracket there’s:
Bracket A
Bracket B

A good mixture of GA vs NL vs RLvs DPL vs E64

I am reluctant to post this, because I know how subjective it is. After watching quite a few games this summer and reviewing tournament results from Surf Cup, Albion Cup, Silverlakes Summer Classic, Legends Cup, West Coast Summer Classic, and many other local smaller tournaments, here is how I see the Southern California teams hiearchy going into league play this season. I realize this is a 2010 sub-forum, but this is my take for Girls 2010 through 2007. The older the group, the more distigished the difference. I'm considering the average level of play, not one specific teams results; there is always going to be an exception, but for the average:

ECNL (Tier 1) > [ECRL > GA] (Tier 2) > [E64 > NPL > DPL > SOCAL Flight 1] (Tier 3)

Let the haters begin

I am reluctant to post this, because I know how subjective it is. After watching quite a few games this summer and reviewing tournament results from Surf Cup, Albion Cup, Silverlakes Summer Classic, Legends Cup, West Coast Summer Classic, and many other local smaller tournaments, here is how I see the Southern California teams hiearchy going into league play this season. I realize this is a 2010 sub-forum, but this is my take for Girls 2010 through 2007. The older the group, the more distigished the difference. I'm considering the average level of play, not one specific teams results; there is always going to be an exception, but for the average:

ECNL (Tier 1) > [ECRL > GA] (Tier 2) > [E64 > NPL > DPL > SOCAL Flight 1] (Tier 3)

Let the haters begin
With ECNL theres 3-4 super teams that dominate in Socal the rest are good but not the same level.

Its hard to judge GA vs ECRL because GA teams get talent picked off by ECNL clubs at the younger ages and some ECRL teams play ECNL players during games for wins. As they get older things will even out with ECRL players pushing to play ECNL or GA for exposure.

I do think GA better get their house in order.

Eagles 2010 ECNL smacked West Coast 2010 GA around 9-0 and SDSC 2010 GA around 9-0. In the same tournament West Coast 2010 GA beat LA Surf 2010 GA 1-0 so it's probably fair to assume Eagles would have smashed them as well.

I completely support ECNL teams playing in GA tournaments. End the debate + make GA sink or swim.

With ECNL theres 3-4 super teams that dominate in Socal the rest are good but not the same level.

Its hard to judge GA vs ECRL because GA teams get talent picked off by ECNL clubs at the younger ages and some ECRL teams play ECNL players during games for wins. As they get older things will even out with ECRL players pushing to play ECNL or GA for exposure.

I do think GA better get their house in order.

Eagles 2010 ECNL smacked West Coast 2010 GA around 9-0 and SDSC 2010 GA around 9-0. In the same tournament West Coast 2010 GA beat LA Surf 2010 GA 1-0 so it's probably fair to assume Eagles would have smashed them as well.

I completely support ECNL teams playing in GA tournaments. End the debate + make GA sink or swim.
If you watch, Eagles can smash most ECNL teams, too.

It's not quite fair to point to Eagles and assume all of ECNL is like that.

Eagles very well could be the best team in socal. They are very good throughout and have played together for years.
Top of ECNL in Socal has 5 teams that will beat any team below them and are very good matchups when they play each other. 2010 GA is the beginning of the end of GA in Socal.
ECRL will continue to benefit from the downfall of GA.

2-3 Socal G2010 ECNL teams probably could have provided similar results. This is why I suggested that they play in GA tournaments and prove it.

Stop all the posturing + just play.

Maybe blowouts will open GA leadeships eyes + help them to understand something needs to change.

2-3 Socal G2010 ECNL teams probably could have provided similar results. This is why I suggested that they play in GA tournaments and prove it.

Stop all the posturing + just play.

Maybe blowouts will open GA leadeships eyes + help them to understand something needs to change.
GA leaderships eyes have been open, that's why directors are leaving. Albion, City, etc.

MW left Albion to DMCV.
Caught some of the 2010 at the Attack Classic.... Seems like they will be an up and coming team. Took the title at Surf Cup Tier 2 if I'm not mistaken.
Friend of mine's kid played them in Surf Cup and said they were impressive. Physical and hard to score on.

Change what? The power shift has occurred, perceptions have been established and there's nothing GA can do about it, other than go to the leaders of ECNL clubs and somehow convince enough of them to change leagues (which isn't going to happen). ECNL is now firmly established as the top National League for girls soccer once again, and nothing outside of an act of God is going to change that.

Change what? The power shift has occurred, perceptions have been established and there's nothing GA can do about it, other than go to the leaders of ECNL clubs and somehow convince enough of them to change leagues (which isn't going to happen). ECNL is now firmly established as the top National League for girls soccer once again, and nothing outside of an act of God is going to change that.
You're being extreme.

Anything can happen this is youth sports. The winners today are crying tomorrow.

GA leadership needs to make meaningful changes + define / maintain standards for coaching / players.

You're being extreme.

Anything can happen this is youth sports. The winners today are crying tomorrow.

GA leadership needs to make meaningful changes + define / maintain standards for coaching / players.
What should they do? What can they do?

If you were to take out the top 3-4 2010 ecnl teams from the equation then the playing ground is leveled between GA and ECNL. Not much difference

Back