Top 10 GU2011

This was a response that socal scouting was asking about Chelsea games. This was information from one of the family's at Chelsea in conversation at Practice, not verified. It wasn't meant to be an argument or naysaying. I am at Surf now, and think the G11 team is below my daughters level and looking for a higher level. It feels like an ayso or jusa mill... Maybe its just the age group, and maybe I expect more? She plays mid and defense and a lil goalie. Im in Anaheim Hills, and trying to find a better team for my daughter. I went to Legends practices locally in yorba linda, and wasn't impressed it seemed to be lesser than our surf team. Weve been to a few Chelsea practices and seem to be impressed with the team and the British Coaching... They seem to have good coaching program and players seemed to be better than our Surf and Legends in yorba linda... We are looking to make a change after League. Beyond what I saw locally, I don't know much about Legends. Is there a better Legends option to consider? You mentioned AC Brea, Does anyone know anything about Ac Brea program? A few friends recommended Slammers and LA Galaxy may be better than Surf, anyone have an idea?

Chelsea is a strong team, If you think it will be a better challenge for your DD I would say consider.

From watching several of 2011s teams play, I would say Top clubs in your area are:
1. Scblues Mulligan
2. Slammers Hb Zermeno
3. Cda slammers Cruz
4. Chelsea fc

Cda Slammers cruz holds a good reputation for developing strong players.
Wouldn’t consider LA Galaxy from what I’ve observed. Team is probably at a flight 2-3 level.

Chelsea is a strong team, If you think it will be a better challenge for your DD I would say consider.

From watching several of 2011s teams play, I would say Top clubs in your area are:
1. Scblues Mulligan
2. Slammers Hb Zermeno
3. Cda slammers Cruz
4. Chelsea fc

Cda Slammers cruz holds a good reputation for developing strong players.
Wouldn’t consider LA Galaxy from what I’ve observed. Team is probably at a flight 2-3 level.
LOL. Must be a CDA parent.

I predict a blues blow out. Specially if they took the only good girl on the team. I’m sure it will be on video.
Come on now. You're talking about people's kids here and they are only 8. Maybe you heard that she was the only good girl, but that's b.s. There are other good girls on that team. Not predicting anything as The Blues Mulligan are awesome, but any given weekend. What I would look at is whose working. I know a lot of those blue's players and they work a lot, so if you want to beat or compete with them, you best work and a lot more than just your team practices and games.

Come on now. You're talking about people's kids here and they are only 8. Maybe you heard that she was the only good girl, but that's b.s. There are other good girls on that team. Not predicting anything as The Blues Mulligan are awesome, but any given weekend. What I would look at is whose working. I know a lot of those blue's players and they work a lot, so if you want to beat or compete with them, you best work and a lot more than just your team practices and games.
Exactly. They’re trashing the 8 year old girl for playing for different teams.

Don't worry about my daughter mmmkay. You are going to be playing SCDSL Flight 3 so you'll find out a lot about your daughters talent level. Pay attention to the teams that you are playing against and see which teams looks like the girls have good fundamentals and technique and consider contacting those coaches/team manager if you really want to switch. But seriously pipe down and stop bad mouthing your daughters teammates and coach.
That's what Im feeling this flight 3 thing, it just seems too slow? Im not bad mouthing, just thinking that's its not in the same league as you are all talking about on this board. Surf has some great teams higher up but what matters to me now is my daughters age group now. So Chelsea, Slammers, Legends and Blues are all flight 1?

I predict a blues blow out. Specially if they took the only good girl on the team. I’m sure it will be on video.

The “best 2011 girl” is not all that great. Her Parents are proud of her that’s all. Her parents probably don’t have any previous club experience or know how much more talent is actually out there. She was a good asset to add to an ALREADY strong team to continue winning.

She’s a decent player but not the best Out there. She Need lots of ball control Sorry not so sorry

Oh really? Why is that? Or are you scared you will run into them this weekend
Not scared at all. It’s a 7 and 8 year old soccer game. Also Legends and Mulligan are guaranteed to play once and may play twice. Any team that plays that Mulligan team will have their hands full. The idea at this age is to have fun and get better everyday. All of us parents on this board will be embarrassed to look back at this thread in a couple of years. This has been a waste of time and brain cells. I’m done. Good luck to everyone. I hope your kids fall in love with the game and don’t get caught up in all this drama.

Back