SCDSL - Flight 1/CSL GOLD /SDDA Flight 1

flopping and hacking? What does that mean?
I'll tell you this.. if any 05 team cannot beat us with more than a difference of 3 goals . They should really question if they are really a flight one Team .. today's game. Beach did not create one single opportunity for goal. Their goals were from set piece . We were and will get out gassed. This little group is going to make some noise when we drop to our age group
Teams are going to have good/bad games, so measuring margin of victory to validate flight 1 status is silly.. Free kicks were rewarded due to fouls that stopped scoring opportunities.. Beach had there fair share. My only concern with teams playing up is lack of size at this young age. Refs seems to call in favor of smaller players when a legal collusion occurs, which limits the bigger players to play freely and takes away from the game. Season just begun, let's wait til the end to start making assessments of other teams.

You are right about Beach FC they aren't very good
We lost to them but dominated we were winning most of the Game
They got us on 2 free kicks at the end
1-2
Yeah, we at Beach aren't great, but to say Arsenal Dominated? Maybe had the edge for parts, but to say you dominated would be looking at it through rose colored glasses and was not the game I saw. Beach had stretches when they were on the front foot. At least the free kicks Beach scored off came off legitimate fouls. The corner Arsenal scored off was incorrect. Should have been a goal kick.

Teams are going to have good/bad games, so measuring margin of victory to validate flight 1 status is silly.. Free kicks were rewarded due to fouls that stopped scoring opportunities.. Beach had there fair share. My only concern with teams playing up is lack of size at this young age. Refs seems to call in favor of smaller players when a legal collusion occurs, which limits the bigger players to play freely and takes away from the game. Season just begun, let's wait til the end to start making assessments of other teams.
Why are we talking about refs??
Teach the players how to move the ball

How does it not?
Nice response...

Never said it doesn't but as I had stated in previous response, IMHO, playing up 11v11 on various sized big fields doesn't really benefit them to only move back down to 9v9 at U12 Academy next year. Sure, maybe it's more challenging for them playing older players, but does it for all of them? There easily could be an Aug 1 and later 06 going up against a July 31 and prior 05. That's basically two age groups up from last years matrix. What good does it do that kid?

So I'll al for your opinion again, how does it make sense?

Nice response...

Never said it doesn't but as I had stated in previous response, IMHO, playing up 11v11 on various sized big fields doesn't really benefit them to only move back down to 9v9 at U12 Academy next year. Sure, maybe it's more challenging for them playing older players, but does it for all of them? There easily could be an Aug 1 and later 06 going up against a July 31 and prior 05. That's basically two age groups up from last years matrix. What good does it do that kid?

So I'll al for your opinion again, how does it make sense?

The transitions from 9 v 9 to 11 v 11 can be rectified in the months leading up to the seasons. But generating the confidence and experience from playing against stronger competition is much more valuable.

The transitions from 9 v 9 to 11 v 11 can be rectified in the months leading up to the seasons. But generating the confidence and experience from playing against stronger competition is much more valuable.
And what's the guarantee they are gaining confidence? If they are struggling or just getting by enough to compete, how's that become valuable experience? I'm not saying that's the case with this particular team but in general not all 06's are going to do well enough playing up that the outcome will be what you say it is.

Just my opinion

And what's the guarantee they are gaining confidence? If they are struggling or just getting by enough to compete, how's that become valuable experience? I'm not saying that's the case with this particular team but in general not all 06's are going to do well enough playing up that the outcome will be what you say it is.

Just my opinion

They gain most of the confidence when they return to their age group. They will notice that the speed of play has slowed down and they are the ones now dictating most of the plays.

Reactions: Wez

Just my opinion
Couldn't agree more.. I understand individual players playing up for their special talents, but not entire teams due to lack of fielding an age appropriate team. Maybe flight ll would've of been a better fit, older boys still but, but mixed talent levels. I'm sure the boys will play their hearts out, but when they play the flight 1 top teams and get humbled, coach better have a good halftime speech. Just my opinion.

They gain most of the confidence when they return to their age group. They will notice that the speed of play has slowed down and they are the ones now dictating most of the plays.
But does the speed of play really slow down? From flight 1 on the big field to Academy level on the smaller field? I would agree with you if it was on the same size field but it's not. Some might even go as far as saying the game speeds up at that level.

So current 2005 age group will be U13 academy next year and the current 2004s that are U12 academy currently will jump to U14/15? Does anyone know where an academy matrix can be accessed for the 2017/2018 season? The 2005 age group really gets the short end of the stick in the whole academy roll out. It is beneficial for 2005s to play up at 2004 academy this year if they are able to do so.

Back