SCDSL - Flight 1/CSL GOLD /SDDA Flight 1

But does the speed of play really slow down? From flight 1 on the big field to Academy level on the smaller field? I would agree with you if it was on the same size field but it's not. Some might even go as far as saying the game speeds up at that level.
Not that it's bad that they are playing together or playing up (not being critical of the kids at all) ... but I wonder if the coaching staff talked the families into something that they knew wasn't the best option. Moving up to full fields and then back down to medium fields (and losing 2 players) doesn't sound like the best option for 10 year-old boys. (I think @Xoloman makes a good point above about this.)

So current 2005 age group will be U13 academy next year and the current 2004s that are U12 academy currently will jump to U14/15? Does anyone know where an academy matrix can be accessed for the 2017/2018 season? The 2005 age group really gets the short end of the stick in the whole academy roll out. It is beneficial for 2005s to play up at 2004 academy this year if they are able to do so.
My bad it looks like 13/14 combine and 15/16. So 2004/2005 will combine for academy next year if things stay the same as this year

Not that it's bad that they are playing together or playing up (not being critical of the kids at all) ... but I wonder if the coaching staff talked the families into something that they knew wasn't the best option. Moving up to full fields and then back down to medium fields (and losing 2 players) doesn't sound like the best option for 10 year-old boys. (I think @Xoloman makes a good point above about this.)
Let's take this weekend for instance.

This group of boys plays Legends West and Strikers 1 at the showcase. These are arguably the two best teams in this age group. I am sure these kids will go out and play their best and maybe give those teams a game, but are they really going to get better? They could possibly be overwhelmed with the speed and pressure those two teams put on their opponent.

Again, I admire the idea but I think it would be different if it was big field to big field, 05's to 04's or small field to small field, 07's to 06.

Again, just my opinion, thanks for allowing me to share it.

Good luck to Arsenal and all others playing this weekend.

This group of boys plays Legends West and Strikers 1 at the showcase. These are arguably the two best teams in this age group. I am sure these kids will go out and play their best and maybe give those teams a game, but are they really going to get better? They could possibly be overwhelmed with the speed and pressure those two teams put on their opponent.

Again, I admire the idea but I think it would be different if it was big field to big field, 05's to 04's or small field to small field, 07's to 06.

Arsenal is playing possibly the 2 top teams for the 05 age bracket who have a recent history of dominating some very good teams. Per this thread , Arsenal is made up of mostly 06's and had a tough time against two Beach teams who figure to be in the bottom half of the north flight . The games will probably not be close to competitive . Who does this benefit ? Who makes these match ups ? Did they flip a coin and Arsenal just happened to get these teams . There are other match ups that make no sense unless the objective is to have high scoring games but only by one team.

Where am I wrong ?

Arsenal is playing possibly the 2 top teams for the 05 age bracket who have a recent history of dominating some very good teams. Per this thread , Arsenal is made up of mostly 06's and had a tough time against two Beach teams who figure to be in the bottom half of the north flight . The games will probably not be close to competitive . Who does this benefit ? Who makes these match ups ? Did they flip a coin and Arsenal just happened to get these teams . There are other match ups that make no sense unless the objective is to have high scoring games but only by one team.

Where am I wrong ?

I think they went by last year's bu11 records

Welcome to the big leagues, Arsenal. It's going to be a long weekend. There's no complaining about who you get matched up with in showcase when you should be in flight 2 anyway.

Anybody know what's up with Surf lately? They also lost to TFA-FCLA today too??

Did they move some of their 05s to academy teams?

The SD surf academy U12 roster currently shows ( 1 ) 05 and ( 1 ) o7 .The other 24 are 04's .

I hope they had a good reason or surf showed no class and no consideration for the team they were scheduled to play.

I hope they had a good reason or surf showed no class and no consideration for the team they were scheduled to play.
They had a club wide event, a Gala and had requested for their game to be scheduled earlier but it wasn't and the league wasn't going to move it.

They had a club wide event, a Gala and had requested for their game to be scheduled earlier but it wasn't and the league wasn't going to move it.
It was still on the schedule. Was the other team told or did they wait around several hours and then find out when surf didn't show up ?

It was still on the schedule. Was the other team told or did they wait around several hours and then find out when surf didn't show up ?

Teams were told of the forfeits in advance by the league. Two Surf teams withdrew, and their opponents played each other in the 4:30pm slot to make up the game. Apparently, the schedule couldn't be changed to reflect that.

Welcome to the big leagues, Arsenal. It's going to be a long weekend. There's no complaining about who you get matched up with in showcase when you should be in flight 2 anyway.
Oh Arsenal is used to playing the big leagues, everywhere from Flight 1 SCDL to USSDA.

How they end up playing top flights is beyond me.

Back