SCDSL - Flight 1/CSL GOLD /SDDA Flight 1

I think I remember someone saying that the Arsenal 05 team from Surf will move to Academy. If that is the case, I'm guessing the team in SCDSL won't be as strong.

Galaxy Pre-Academy will still be a very good team so I would go with them as a favorite.

CDA Slammers, Strikers South Coast, and Beach Pena are good squads and will be very competitive.

I have not had a chance to see the other teams play but it should be a competitive, more well rounded division then the South. Although, I think the South is a tougher division.
Question, maybe you can answer:

If Arsenal 05 team at Surf is going to be Academy then why not have them playing in the Academy bracket of Surf Cup? The same question would be asked of LAG San Diego who if I am not mistaken was in the lower flight of Surf Cup. What does this prove for them? What are the advantages of playing in these brackets?

Question, maybe you can answer:

If Arsenal 05 team at Surf is going to be Academy then why not have them playing in the Academy bracket of Surf Cup? The same question would be asked of LAG San Diego who if I am not mistaken was in the lower flight of Surf Cup. What does this prove for them? What are the advantages of playing in these brackets?

Confidence builder

Confidence builder
No confidence builder...
They were already scheduled for Albion Cup and Surf Cup so they had to play the tournaments The decision to place the 05 in academy came a week before Albion Cup. Up until then they were looking at their 04 flight one but was not strong enough

What does everybody think about the SCDSL games. Strikers win 3-1 vs San Diego Surf. Pats Irvine win 2-1 vs Pats MV. Legends win 2-0 vs Murrieta Surf. And Strikers Martinez 2 and West Coast win

Arsenal and Beach
Arsenal is playing up this season
I'm not saying that they are great teams
But if we look at the match up it will be fairly even

Arsenal is playing up... Beach isn't, they just play like it.
Scdsl game of the week is pats Mv vs strikers Mv. Should be a nice battle between neighboring teams.. I got strikers pulling it off 2-0

Last edited:
Arsenal is playing up... Beach isn't, the just play like it.
Scdsl game of the week is pats Mv vs strikers Mv. Should be a nice battle between neighboring teams.. I got strikers pulling it off 2-0
You are right about Beach FC they aren't very good
We lost to them but dominated we were winning most of the Game
They got us on 2 free kicks at the end
1-2

You are right about Beach FC they aren't very good
We lost to them but dominated we were winning most of the Game
They got us on 2 free kicks at the end
1-2
So you're saying the entire 05 Arsenal team is playing up and they're all 06's?

Just curious what the purpose is for those kids? They won't be on the big field for another 2 years.

Just my opinion
it's a valid opinion. Our whole team is playing up
We are new in scdsl and it's a little different from coast. Anyway, I was a little concerned as to how the players would respond but so far it has been good but then again we haven't played any strong teams. This weekend coming up we will 2 of the toughest teams in scdsl
Our boys are getting alot of experience that's for sure

it's a valid opinion. Our whole team is playing up
We are new in scdsl and it's a little different from coast. Anyway, I was a little concerned as to how the players would respond but so far it has been good but then again we haven't played any strong teams. This weekend coming up we will 2 of the toughest teams in scdsl
Our boys are getting alot of experience that's for sure
Fair enough

Just seems to me they would be better served playing in the small field 9v9 "developing" and preparing for academy next year. Isn't that the purpose of US Soccers change?

Again, just my opinion. Good for your team if they grow and get better from this.

Arsenal is playing up... Beach isn't, they just play like it.
That explains all the flopping and hacking. Arsenal is obviously undersized and will be lucky to win a game. To their credit, they do play with a lot of heart and should be good next year if they stay in their group.

That explains all the flopping and hacking. Arsenal is obviously undersized and will be lucky to win a game. To their credit, they do play with a lot of heart and should be good next year if they stay in their group.
flopping and hacking? What does that mean?
I'll tell you this.. if any 05 team cannot beat us with more than a difference of 3 goals . They should really question if they are really a flight one Team .. today's game. Beach did not create one single opportunity for goal. Their goals were from set piece . We were and will get out gassed. This little group is going to make some noise when we drop to our age group

Back