NATIONAL CUP O5 2018

I guess it's good that they aren't having teams play multiple games in a day. But sucks for those teams that lost their first two games to have to come back again next weekend.
(And why would Cal South do this just for National Cup - Don't players in President's/Mayor deserve the same safety considerations?)

Why because they are competive with teams and always play pretty evenly. They didn’t

I must agree on this and they should be in Nationals. Watched a few games yesterday and SoCal Academy Gallo vs RSC Pre Academy was very close. I don't see RSC making it to Quarterfinals but could be wrong. Wasn't quite impressed

Blues vs. SoCal Academy Hazell team (which I assume is the A team) also came close. Blues played their game as they know how and if it weren't for the defense on SoCal this game would have been much worse. They picked up in the second half mainly from the help of a very skillful midfielder (believe 8) and striker (believe 5) and thier solid defensive line. Have to say one of the best defenses I have seen in a long time. Blues became a kick ball team at the end as SoCal Pressured (but too late as 2 goals were coincided by Blues) Blues received Two or three yellow cards, one given to their parents. Haha

Legends PA vs. Oceanside I tried to watch here and there but was hooked To Blues game. I thought Legends played well but could have won by more.

Good luck to all teams next Sunday.

I must agree on this and they should be in Nationals. Watched a few games yesterday and SoCal Academy Gallo vs RSC Pre Academy was very close. I don't see RSC making it to Quarterfinals but could be wrong. Wasn't quite impressed

Blues vs. SoCal Academy Hazell team (which I assume is the A team) also came close. Blues played their game as they know how and if it weren't for the defense on SoCal this game would have been much worse. They picked up in the second half mainly from the help of a very skillful midfielder (believe 8) and striker (believe 5) and thier solid defensive line. Have to say one of the best defenses I have seen in a long time. Blues became a kick ball team at the end as SoCal Pressured (but too late as 2 goals were coincided by Blues) Blues received Two or three yellow cards, one given to their parents. Haha

Legends PA vs. Oceanside I tried to watch here and there but was hooked To Blues game. I thought Legends played well but could have won by more.

Good luck to all teams next Sunday.
I saw the 2nd half of the Blues game as well & they had definitely been taken out of their game by So Cal. Think the damage had already been done though.

As a RSC homer, I don't blame you for having that opinion. We were falling all over ourselves while trying to shake off the rust paired with a not so great effort by our standards at all. Add their goalie having a career game (as described by their parents who also shared it was 100% opposite from Saturday's game against Eagles) & we see the outcome. I will disagree though in saying the game was close. RSC dominated in every aspect but just couldn't finish. Expecting that to change next Sunday.

Legends vs. Blues should be a game! Same with many brackets coming down to Sunday.

Good luck everyone!

Saw parts of the Blues game they are a force and very talented.

This weekend should be fun as Legends verse Blues should a very good game with lots of talented girls on both sides. Alibion verse Arsenal should be another good game to see who takes the bracket along with West Coast verse Beach FC for the tops in that bracket losers should get wild cards. Best of luck to everyone this coming weekend.

Why because they are competive with teams and always play pretty evenly. They didn’t
I based my opinion on league results and rankings. playing coast gold should not be an automatic nationals spot

disagree I watched this one too. game was far from close, more like RSC couldn't close several plays

What's the chances of Silverlakes being rained out on Sunday. The forecast shows rain Friday and ending late Saturday night. Things could get interesting if NC runs into Spring Break and teams are missing players.

What's the chances of Silverlakes being rained out on Sunday. The forecast shows rain Friday and ending late Saturday night. Things could get interesting if NC runs into Spring Break and teams are missing players.

I think if it's just showers, then we are all getting wet..if there's any lightning though..then they will have to postpone

The forecast has less than .2" of rain over a 2 day period. If the forecast holds, all fields in SoCal will be able to handle the rain, except for possibly Oceanside. I would not worry. Chance of cancellation is less than 5%

Back