NATIONAL CUP O5 2018

I’ll accept the challenge, RichMan… here’s three tiers, with the teams ranked in order within those tiers. Hope nobody is offended to be left out…this is just my (fun) opinion from what I’ve seen and heard over the last 12 months! Youth Soccer Rankings precedes team name.

Winner Comes From These Three

YSR1 Surf – best of the best

YSR3 Blues Draluck – red hot form, good soccer

YSR2 Slammers Pre Elite – several standout players, well-rounded

Will Make Noise

YSR4 Galaxy South Bay – best of the rest, play good soccer and on good form

YSR6 Real So Cal – physically imposing team, tough defense, on winning streak, play Eagles in bracket

YSR9 West Coast Pre Acad–top dark horse, good tournament team, bracketed with Beach R Perez

YSR5 Beach R Perez – lots of recent losses, have outstanding forward, paired with West Coast

YSR7 Albion Pre Acad–athletic team, free-scoring, recently whacked 5-1 by Blues Draluck among other losses

YSR8 Legends Pre Acad – big strong team, tough cross play bracket with Blues, good GK, 3-game L streak per YSR

YSR12 So Cal Acad Hazell–dark horse, tough bracket with Blues but last meeting tied Draluck 2-2 per YSR

YSR13 Eagles – strong defense, speedy forwards, good history in National Cup, play RSC in bracket play

YSR10 Galaxy SD Bouchereau - have talented players, very inconsistent, tricky bracket vs Slammers (A-team?)

Darkest of Dark Horses

YSR24 South West SC – TFA reincarnated, wild long shot to advance, score lots, concede lots...check their docs ;)
Great post Futboldad1 !
I’ll accept the challenge, RichMan… here’s three tiers, with the teams ranked in order within those tiers. Hope nobody is offended to be left out…this is just my (fun) opinion from what I’ve seen and heard over the last 12 months! Youth Soccer Rankings precedes team name.

Will Make Noise

YSR6 Real So Cal – physically imposing team, tough defense, on winning streak, play Eagles in bracket

YSR9 West Coast Pre Acad–top dark horse, good tournament team, bracketed with Beach R Perez

YSR5 Beach R Perez – lots of recent losses, have outstanding forward, paired with West Coast

YSR7 Albion Pre Acad–athletic team, free-scoring, recently whacked 5-1 by Blues Draluck among other losses

YSR8 Legends Pre Acad – big strong team, tough cross play bracket with Blues, good GK, 3-game L streak per YSR

YSR12 So Cal Acad Hazell–dark horse, tough bracket with Blues but last meeting tied Draluck 2-2 per YSR

YSR13 Eagles – strong defense, speedy forwards, good history in National Cup, play RSC in bracket play

YSR10 Galaxy SD Bouchereau - have talented players, very inconsistent, tricky bracket vs Slammers (A-team?)

Darkest of Dark Horses

YSR24 South West SC – TFA reincarnated, wild long shot to advance, score lots, concede lots...check their docs ;)
Any thoughts on what is tomorrow's "match of the day"?
I kinda like the Eagles vs. So Cal Academy match or Legends PA vs. CDA.
I kinda like the Eagles vs. So Cal Academy match or Legends PA vs. CDA.
I agree with both of those! Eagles and So Cal Academy Gallo had some close matches in league (rooting for a tie there), and CDA is a big physical team that could pressure Legends.

First round match ups

Legends vs Blues is the toughest first round match up.

I like Real vs Eagles as they often compete for the same players in the Conejo Valley.

First day I agree with legends/cda slammers and Eagles/So Cal Academy.

Legends is well aware CDA Slammers Segovia is a touch match up. 3:30 game means plenty of wind for both teams to deal with as well.

I’ll accept the challenge, RichMan… here’s three tiers, with the teams ranked in order withinkid those tiers. Hope nobody is offended to be left out…this is just my (fun) opinion form what I’ve seen and heard over the last 12 months! Youth Soccer Rankings precedes team name.

Will Make Noise

Darkest of Dark Horses

Great post!
I tend to agree with pretty much all of it. Slammers seems to have gotten an interesting path, but with some of the seeding stemming from the first half of CRL (from what I understand), I guess I can " kinda " see it. But still, YSR #2 NOT being a top seed OR 2nd seed in their bracket doesn't sit right...Just not sure why the seedings were done how they were. Unless I'm reading that wrong?

Just 4 fun, my round of 16 looks something like this:

Albion vs. Blues Kale (WC5)
West Coast vs. RSC
LAGSB vs. Tudela FC LA (WC1)
Blues Draluck vs. Beach FC R. Perez (WC2)
Legends PA vs. Beach Parker (WC3)
Legends South vs. Slammers CB
SD Force vs. Rebels SC Elite
SD Surf vs. LAGSD (WC4)

A few curve balls in there, feel free to comment on those.

First round match ups

Legends vs Blues is the toughest first round match up.

I like Real vs Eagles as they often compete for the same players in the Conejo Valley.

First day I agree with legends/cda slammers and Eagles/So Cal Academy.

Legends is well aware CDA Slammers Segovia is a touch match up. 3:30 game means plenty of wind for both teams to deal with as well.

It will be fun to watch. Good luck tomorrow!

Great post!
I tend to agree with pretty much all of it. Slammers seems to have gotten an interesting path, but with some of the seeding stemming from the first half of CRL (from what I understand), I guess I can " kinda " see it. But still, YSR #2 NOT being a top seed OR 2nd seed in their bracket doesn't sit right...Just not sure why the seedings were done how they were. Unless I'm reading that wrong?

Just 4 fun, my round of 16 looks something like this:

Albion vs. Blues Kale (WC5)
West Coast vs. RSC
LAGSB vs. Tudela FC LA (WC1)
Blues Draluck vs. Beach FC R. Perez (WC2)
Legends PA vs. Beach Parker (WC3)
Legends South vs. Slammers CB
SD Force vs. Rebels SC Elite
SD Surf vs. LAGSD (WC4)

A few curve balls in there, feel free to comment on those.

But remember that Slammers CB is the reserve team and Slammers AW is the Elite team. We could see Slammers AW playing SD Surf in the quarter finals with the way the schedule is set up.

Great post Futboldad1 !
I agree with both of those! Eagles and So Cal Academy Gallo had some close matches in league (rooting for a tie there), and CDA is a big physical team that could pressure Legends.

CCU Gallo lost to the worst team in their league and then beat them 2-0 the next time. Maybe they are one of the many many girls teams that can play up or down to their opponent's level but I think they are going to struggle in National Cup. With that said..watch them surprise everybody and win it all! :p

CCU Gallo lost to the worst team in their league and then beat them 2-0 the next time. Maybe they are one of the many many girls teams that can play up or down to their opponent's level but I think they are going to struggle in National Cup. With that said..watch them surprise everybody and win it all! :p
scratch the CCU part..and put So Cal Academy Gallo..haha my bad.

Watched Eagles vs. So Cal Academy looked like a competitive game. Briefly talked to DS after game, he felt it was closer than the score. Heard Legends vs. CDA was a battle.
Legends CDA was a battle, first half CDA had advantage with wind at their back and high pressure, big strong team.. Legends defense held tough 0-0. Second half Legends had more opportunities with wind at back...final 2-0 Legends...but it was a battle. Game could of gone either way. CDA plays 100 MPH.

Legends CDA was a battle, first half CDA had advantage with wind at their back and high pressure, big strong team.. Legends defense held tough 0-0. Second half Legends had more opportunities with wind at back...final 2-0 Legends...but it was a battle. Game could of gone either way. CDA plays 100 MPH.
Thank You Doctor!

Prototypical squad from CDA Cerritos, skills / pace / aggressive, refs swallowed their whistles in that one.

Back