GIRLS DAII

Hey NG, from what I've been told, it looks like the teams in the DPL will play in there Academy Team league (10 Teams), also petition for USYS National League (4 games in North Carolina, and 3 in Vegas) and represent DPL in Cal South National Cup. Throw in a couple of Showcases ( Silverlakes and/or Surf). It should be a good chance for girls to get looked at by some Colleges.
Petition for National League? That's funny if that's what they are telling parents. No one is going to "petition" to get in to National League. You have to qualify to get in to NL. Maybe a Legends or Beach B team could qualify in to National League, through the proper channels of qualification, but no B team is going to petition their way in.

Petition for National League? That's funny if that's what they are telling parents. No one is going to "petition" to get in to National League. You have to qualify to get in to NL. Maybe a Legends or Beach B team could qualify in to National League, through the proper channels of qualification, but no B team is going to petition their way in.

Respectfully disagree...But I think we are both right. DD's Team has been in NL the last 3 years, and I did the petition/application.

http://www.usyouthsoccer.org/national_league/201617_national_league_qualifiers/

Any Team can apply...if they are not an automatic qualifier, they can be selected by the National League Committee.

So to sum up, this braintrust decided the best way to serve their members, and the broader socal youth soccer community, is to create a new league for the B teams of the weaker DA clubs, a league which spans multiple states and involves a 3 hour drive with normal traffic between the Camarillo/SF Valley and San Diego entrants for league games, and this fall(?) league will be supplemented by (they hope) entering these teams in National League, so they can all play each other one weekend in Las Vegas and one week usually during school in North Carolina (or another final four site), and hope college coaches come to their event in Norco the week before the final four during Thanksgiving, when more likely not a single DA nor a single ECNL team will participate. Exactly what purpose does this league serve but their own interests? Would they not be able to get better competition by staying in existing Socal leagues, one of which they previsouly helped create called SCDSL, qualifying for CRL, etc? Could they not implement the same DA training practices without creating a higher cost structure in both money and time for their members? Will DA2 be fully funded by those clubs who are doing so for DA? If they really believe that this path will provide their DA talent, do they not realize it makes the entry cost of club soccer higher, and less accessible for lower income families, and reduces the pool of players they will see?

Congratulations to US Soccer, the first unintended consequence of your exerting greater control in youth development is a new leage that will result in a net increase in costs to play club soccer in Socal for many people.

But what do I know -- I think the Real Socal quote in the GoalNation press release sums up the benefits of this new league best.

So to sum up, this braintrust decided the best way to serve their members, and the broader socal youth soccer community, is to create a new league for the B teams of the weaker DA clubs, a league which spans multiple states and involves a 3 hour drive with normal traffic between the Camarillo/SF Valley and San Diego entrants for league games, and this fall(?) league will be supplemented by (they hope) entering these teams in National League, so they can all play each other one weekend in Las Vegas and one week usually during school in North Carolina (or another final four site), and hope college coaches come to their event in Norco the week before the final four during Thanksgiving, when more likely not a single DA nor a single ECNL team will participate. Exactly what purpose does this league serve but their own interests? Would they not be able to get better competition by staying in existing Socal leagues, one of which they previsouly helped create called SCDSL, qualifying for CRL, etc? Could they not implement the same DA training practices without creating a higher cost structure in both money and time for their members? Will DA2 be fully funded by those clubs who are doing so for DA? If they really believe that this path will provide their DA talent, do they not realize it makes the entry cost of club soccer higher, and less accessible for lower income families, and reduces the pool of players they will see?

Congratulations to US Soccer, the first unintended consequence of your exerting greater control in youth development is a new leage that will result in a net increase in costs to play club soccer in Socal for many people.

But what do I know -- I think the Real Socal quote in the GoalNation press release sums up the benefits of this new league best.

I agree with everything you say. However, as I've said in several other posts, this isn't a league. It's not sanctioned by anyone. It's a division playing in Presidio. That makes what you say even more to the point because they didn't create a league. They only created a division that will play in Presidio because no one else would touch their exclusive division.

The Real So Cal quote speaks VOLUMES.

Respectfully disagree...But I think we are both right. DD's Team has been in NL the last 3 years, and I did the petition/application.

http://www.usyouthsoccer.org/national_league/201617_national_league_qualifiers/

Any Team can apply...if they are not an automatic qualifier, they can be selected by the National League Committee.
That is not a sure bet though, because I'm sure USYS knows about the clubs A teams playing Girls DA. It will be a long shot to get the B teams in via petition without earning it.

That is not a sure bet though, because I'm sure USYS knows about the clubs A teams playing Girls DA. It will be a long shot to get the B teams in via petition without earning it.
Do you think National League will get watered down? Ecnl isn't supposed to play and DA can't either.

I agree with everything you say. However, as I've said in several other posts, this isn't a league. It's not sanctioned by anyone. It's a division playing in Presidio. That makes what you say even more to the point because they didn't create a league. They only created a division that will play in Presidio because no one else would touch their exclusive division.

The Real So Cal quote speaks VOLUMES.

What was the quote? It's gone now. Or is the fact there is no quote espousing the "benefits" the point?

As other have said, DA2 is a nothing more than money grab by the usual suspects. Those who fall for it have themselves to blame.

Do you think National League will get watered down? Ecnl isn't supposed to play and DA can't either.
It will be without Legends, Beach, Eastside (partnering with Reign DA) now in Girls DA. IMO, it's still a far superior league than this DP league though and great for clubs who don't participate in Girls DA and ECNL.

I agree with you there NG...I'm thinking NL will be watered down a lot. But if the DA and ECNL Teams can't play NL, and NL still wants to have 32 Teams per age group...I would think NL would still have an Open Division where the committee picks worthy Teams. Im sure some Clubs will place some of there DA players on NL rosters...if it's allowed.

It will be without Legends, Beach, Eastside (partnering with Reign DA) now in Girls DA. IMO, it's still a far superior league than this DP league though and great for clubs who don't participate in Girls DA and ECNL.

I look at it this way.. The 04's that were being prepped this past season to become the full time ECNL team now have been slighted to be that clubs DA team once DA was announced. The flight 1 team now becomes the ECNL team, which can leave some players and parents thinking of DAII as a step closer to becoming a full time DA player. Blues /WC/Strikers see it differently and are keeping course with ECNL and DA and not participating in this so called League/Division

I agree with you there NG...I'm thinking NL will be watered down a lot. But if the DA and ECNL Teams can't play NL, and NL still wants to have 32 Teams per age group...I would think NL would still have an Open Division where the committee picks worthy Teams. Im sure some Clubs will place some of there DA players on NL rosters...if it's allowed.

Had that expanded to 32 teams per age group?

I believe rostered DA players can't play National League. If it wasn't the case, the DA/ECNL clubs like Slammers, Blues, WCFC and Surf would have their players who don't play a lot on the Girls DA teams, also play for the ECNL team.

So the boys have PDA (Pre- Academy)which appears to be similar to the DPL?

2016/17 Pre-Academy Program is for Boys 2002 - 2005

Purpose: The Pre-Academy program is in response to US Soccer's initiative to develop more players, beginning at younger ages. As a member of the US Soccer Development Academy, is taking initiative to develop those players who have the ambition and aspirations to become a world class player, and to contribute to Youth National Teams and competitive college soccer programs during their career.

U12 Pre-Academy
Our U12 Pre-Academy program is the entry level and consists of a pool of 22 players who compete in both 9v9 and 11v11 formats given the variety in physical development that is present at this age. The competitive calendar includes league play, tournament play as well as friendlies with other Academy clubs. Players train 2-3 times per week.

U13 and U14 Pre-Academy Teams
The U13 and U14 Pre-Academy teams all compete in the US Club National Premier Leagues- Midwest Developmental League (MDL). The MDL consists of 11 other Academy clubs in the Midwest including several Major League Soccer Clubs (Chicago Fire, Sporting KC, Columbus Crew) along with a select group of elite non-Academy clubs. Players train 3-4 times per week.

Had that expanded to 32 teams per age group?

I believe rostered DA players can't play National League. If it wasn't the case, the DA/ECNL clubs like Slammers, Blues, WCFC and Surf would have their players who don't play a lot on the Girls DA teams, also play for the ECNL team.
I believe some ECNL players played National League games this season.

ECNL players are allowed to play in other leagues so some clubs used ECNL players on USYS teams.
DA players can ONLY play for DA teams. They can not play in any other league or be registered through any other association.

Money Grab...
More fun facts on why Presidio is going to run this division. While the members of Presidio knew nothing of this decision, the Board of Directors gave permission for the division (they thought it was a league) to be run through Presidio.
The Presidio Board of Directors are paid to be board members. They are also paid over time for anything above and beyond the scope of their regular responsibilities.
On the Presidio board is an LAGSD member who will be compensated as the scheduler for this division.
Any disciplinary actions, reschedules, posting of schedules, etc will be done by board members and they will be compensated accordingly.
I would say the Presidio board member that represents LAGSD and who will also be compensated for scheduling this division has a bit of a conflict of interest.
Also, any board member that stands to benefit financially from this division being part of their league has a conflict of interest.
Interesting that there is a financial benefit for the people who voted to host this division but that no one that has no financial stake in this (the Presidio members) had any say in the decision.
Presidio members are not happy.

Really? the only 2 ways is if the National League player was a discovery player for an ECNL team. The other is if, a Ulittle player was playing up on her clubs U14 ECNL team and then brought down to help the U13 team who qualified for National League/USYS Championship series.

Really? the only 2 ways is if the National League player was a discovery player for an ECNL team. The other is if, a Ulittle player was playing up at the clubs U14 ECNL team and then brought down to help the U13 team playing in National League or USYS Championship series.
I don't believe you are correct on that one.

Back