GIRLS DAII

Baba, being in club soccer for a decade now. It was obvious the DA clubs were selling DAII as sizzle. I posted that a month or so back. History repeats itself, example ECNL had to find a league for their B teams and Walid (Slammers) came up with EGSL. How was it NOT obvious that DAII was the same? Mahrez and Younothat who have son's playing Boys DA posted it many, many, many times.

Posters want to believe what they want to believe, because club coaches are selling on a parents emotion aka their DDs.

I think there is validity to what you are saying in some organizations. I, for one, have heard and seen that dog and pony show perpetuated at several different clubs for years. EGSL was the worst IMHO. I would be fine with DAII playing in SCDSL, frankly, which I don't think has been ruled out just yet. What will annoy me is if it turns into some joke of a spring league that prevents a decent team from competing in National Cup or National League.

I think some people are missing the point. We can all agree that you pick the best coach/team for your kid.

But some of the DA clubs (not all but some like the track suit wearing bozo brigade) promised a sanctioned DA II and sold it as already being approved. So the question is even if the coach of the B team is the best fit for your kid, how can you trust a club that was selling a load of crap?

Second, creating this new league further waters down the competition for everyone. The level of play on the DPL teams will be unbalanced. Everyone would be better served if these teams were placed in their correct level in CSL or SCDSL instead of having 10 teams that you are stuck with regardless of their level of play.

Yes just look at EGSL Spring lol

I'm sure there will be a disparity between talent levels on teams. A bench player on a top DA team, or a DAII player at that club, could most likely make a lower DA team, and could probably start.
Bingo, I would even say at 12/13 yrs old there isn't much difference between #15-22 on a Girls DA roster who will most likely sit vs #1-8 starter on a B team from the same club.

GKrent did you mean "they don't make DAII"? Parents shouldn't be placing their kid because of a league. They should be placing them based on play time, good coach, enjoying the game and developing as a player still. Seriously, did this new league really have to follow the DA sub rules? It's the B/sister team, all the players on the team need to develop and not be limited in their play time.

No I meant DA. If your kid trys out for a DA roster spot, and the Coach that you respect says "your kids not ready, but heres a spot on the B-team"...you are saying the parent will walk and try out for some other DA or ECNL club instead of accept the B team spot. I'm saying if that kid isn't a clear cut DA level baller then why shop your kid around to other DA/ECNL programs and risk them making the team as a sub? *Especially* in DA with the strict sub rules.

PS I have not heard that DAII is following DA sub rules. Where did you hear that?

I think there is validity to what you are saying in some organizations. I, for one, have heard and seen that dog and pony show perpetuated at several different clubs for years. EGSL was the worst IMHO. I would be fine with DAII playing in SCDSL, frankly, which I don't think has been ruled out just yet. What will annoy me is if it turns into some joke of a spring league that prevents a decent team from competing in National Cup or National League.
I agree, I don't understand the need for a special league for the B teams. Like I posted these clubs are selling the sizzle whoch is having their own special league of 10 teams.

I agree, I don't understand the need for a special league for the B teams. Like I posted these clubs are selling the sizzle whoch is having their own special league of 10 teams.

It's their hope to keep the B team players in the club AKA money

No I meant DA. If your kid trys out for a DA roster spot, and the Coach that you respect says "your kids not ready, but heres a spot on the B-team"...you are saying the parent will walk and try out for some other DA or ECNL club instead of accept the B team spot. I'm saying if that kid isn't a clear cut DA level baller then why shop your kid around to other DA/ECNL programs and risk them making the team as a sub? *Especially* in DA with the strict sub rules.

PS I have not heard that DAII is following DA sub rules. Where did you hear that?

Of course anyone would try their hand multiple places!
Why not? One club this season thought they were going to be just fine. They let several players go to other DA and girls who were not "good enough" for one team got 3-5 other DA offers. Now it's April and they are hurting because of their arrogance.
Another thing we have seen is the movement. Specifically former powerhouses are losing players to other clubs. A once offensive team now has a stacked defense - its intersting to see thus far how the "culture" of the teams are changing. I know of only 1 DA team that is largely composed of its previous players. Everyone else is a smattering so I think at this point it's unfair to make an assessment on relative strength.
Do what's best always for your girl. B team or whatever a good coach is a good coach.
The coach I referred to above is not a good one and everyone knows it but it's a classic brand vs coach talent dilemma. What I think is GREAT about two of the major clubs is that the coaches are coaching a main team and a developmental team. I think that sends a strong signal to parents of the value of development and they should be lauded for their commitment. Beach and Surf did a fine job of coaching assignments that have some very good coaches at a "b team" level.

I know many good players on B teams, and I think obviously it is best to have your child somewhere they are going to get 50%+ play time. I just don't understand why they need a separate league, when they are the second team. It seems like nothing but a ploy to keep parents happy. And while you are realitic, I can tell you a lot of parents are not, and the clubs are catering to those parents.

I have heard he opposite. They are not buying it and that's why those "DA2" teams are now trying to recruit youngers to "play up"

There are many variables, but a player not starting or getting on a Girls DA 1,2,3,4 ranked team. Doesn't mean the same player couldn't start and or play a lot for a middle-lower Girls DA or ECNL team. As you are aware by U15/U16 it's best to play a lot of minutes on a team that will be seen by college coaches.

Maybe I read to much into this post below assuming, if they are following the guidelines and principles mandated by DA that the sub rules would also be the same.

"The Academy II- Developmental Player League (DP League) was created through a collaboration between Development Academy clubs and provides an incredible option for an expanded pool of participating players to train and develop under the same guidelines and principles mandated by the DA. Players who excel in the Academy II program will also have the opportunity to serve as “Developmental Players” to the DA teams.

Why not? One club this season thought they were going to be just fine. They let several players go to other DA and girls who were not "good enough" for one team got 3-5 other DA offers. Now it's April and they are hurting because of their arrogance.
Another thing we have seen is the movement. Specifically former powerhouses are losing players to other clubs. A once offensive team now has a stacked defense - its intersting to see thus far how the "culture" of the teams are changing. I know of only 1 DA team that is largely composed of its previous players. Everyone else is a smattering so I think at this point it's unfair to make an assessment on relative strength.
Do what's best always for your girl. B team or whatever a good coach is a good coach.
The coach I referred to above is not a good one and everyone knows it but it's a classic brand vs coach talent dilemma. What I think is GREAT about two of the major clubs is that the coaches are coaching a main team and a developmental team. I think that sends a strong signal to parents of the value of development and they should be lauded for their commitment. Beach and Surf did a fine job of coaching assignments that have some very good coaches at a "b team" level.

Great example. I guess I just didn't feel the need to shop around because I knew that the situation we were in was the best, coaching-wise, and actually one of the most up-front clubs I have dealt with. But I get it, a player from certain teams may truly be a baller just not the kind of baller those coaches like. The coach they are dealing with maybe a BSer extraordinaire, of just being really noncommittal. All valid reasons to go looking.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is that I honestly don't believe most parents will put their kids on a DAII team solely because they were dazzled by the gaming circuit.

"I know of only 1 DA team that is largely composed of its previous players. Everyone else is a smattering so I think at this point it's unfair to make an assessment on relative strength...."

Which 1 DA team are you referring to?

Great example. I guess I just didn't feel the need to shop around because I knew that the situation we were in was the best, coaching-wise, and actually one of the most up-front clubs I have dealt with. But I get it, a player from certain teams may truly be a baller just not the kind of baller those coaches like. The coach they are dealing with maybe a BSer extraordinaire, of just being really noncommittal. All valid reasons to go looking.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is that I honestly don't believe most parents will put their kids on a DAII team solely because they were dazzled by the gaming circuit.

I agree and responded as such. Parents seem to be very smart this season- cautious. I saw a lot more shopping of DA and ECNL right down to playing time promises etc than ever.
I like to think of it also as a big puzzle. It's not always about skill or heart- it's what the coaches need at the time. You can't take it personally.
We found that in our quest to find a coach that appreciated the type of player mine is was paramount. We got lucky (and have been over the years actually)
I hope the league works because the girls deserve it. Beach B and LAGSD B are GOOD TEAMS. They deserve a good circuit

I am not a fan of D2 aka the new Development Player League (DPL) which is not sanctioned by US Soccer. DA Southwest Division announced the formation of the new league. It's also exclusive - only the 11 DA clubs, who are non-ECNL clubs will play in the DPL. Those clubs are Legends SC, Albion SC, LA Galaxy, LA Galaxy SD, Albion SC, Eagles, LA Premier FC, Beach FC, Real So Cal, and Pateadores. Eagles and RSC will no longer be affiliated with ECNL. But of course, that can all change in 2018-2019.

GKrent you wouldn't do it, but many parents do place their kids based on a league. It's why a couple or so DA clubs were selling DAII as a US Soccer DA affiliated league. Now it's called a Development Players League.

WHOIS lookup on the website domain (www.dpleague.org), just to fact check some, resulted in:

Registrant Contact
Name: LA Galaxy San Diego
Organization: LA Galaxy SD
Mailing Address: 5315 Avenida Encinas, Carlsbad California 92008 US
Phone: +1.7607176919
Ext:
Fax:
Fax Ext:
Email: patricktrolan@live.com
Admin Contact
Ext:
Fax:
Fax Ext:
Tech Contact
Ext:
Fax:
Fax Ext:

Does it really matter? Was there all this hoopla when EGSL hit the market as far as "official sanctioning" goes? At the end of the day, I agree with ESPNanalyst that parents are being cautious before buying. Bottom line, like it or not, DA will be the "big dog" while ECNL and Academy2 will fall in line.

GKrent you would do it, but many parents do place their kids based on a league. It's why a couple or so DA clubs were selling DAII as a US Soccer DA affiliated league. Now it's called a Development Players League.

I think when it comes down to it, DA was created to identify a select few from each age group. The top 3-4 from the top DA teams will be looked at. I think we already have an idea who those girls are. They are the ones that every DA team is trying to recruit. Honestly, for most girls in DA and then the girls in DAII, it just doesn't matter.

Disagree my dd training thus far has been EXCEPTIONAL in the DA.
Like it or not a DA player will receive instruction and additional training someone in ECNL or. SCDSL won't get.

I hope the league works because the girls deserve it. Beach B and LAGSD B are GOOD TEAMS. They deserve a good circuit
Which LAGSD B team are you referring to? I absolutely adore last year's '04 2nd team coach (NE) but they had a very difficult time in league. The '03 2nd team did OK in league but didn't have the kind of year CH did with the top team (yes I know that CH had a great year, but still).

Back