GIRLS DAII

Again you guys are comparing apples to oranges.
These are not last years teams anymore.
The movement is significant.
Your stats and numbers won't work anymore

Disagree my dd training thus far has been EXCEPTIONAL in the DA.
Like it or not a DA player will receive instruction and additional training someone in ECNL or. SCDSL won't get.

That's great, but the DAs goal of identifying national teams players is only applicable to the top few in DA. Maybe I'm not clued in completely, but how is the instruction and training any different other than the extra day? It's the same coaches.

This is an off shoot League under the Presidio umbrella. Now you have Presidio, SDDA, and whatever they are calling this all overseen by Bob Turner. This is fact.

Those loyal to Presidio aren't happy.

This is nothing more then a way for these clubs to keep their B kids.

The showcases are run by Legends (AKA Silverlakes Showcase) and Vegas, where the director will partner up with anyone. Nothing new here.

Good for them for pulling it off, but it is not the second coming.

ECNL will still be a better option then this. But to each his own. And DA may overtime be a better option then ECNL has been.

But this is no different then what these teams have already had, just with a different title.

It's a way to keep $$ at home instead of losing these kids to clubs with ECNL.

What people seem to be missing is that this isn't a "league" at all. It's not sanctioned by anyone. This is an exclusive bracket with selective membership being run by Presidio for the exclusive members in the bracket. You can't be promoted in to this bracket. You can't be relegated out of it and you pick and chose who you want in it. The word "league" is misleading.
They will play Presidio/SDDA until they get to the age of exclusivity and then they get to play in their own bracket where they have their own rules.
US Soccer isn't sanctioning this. They wouldn't be able to play National Cup is US Soccer sanctioned it and they made it very clear (the only clear thing in their otherwise vague press release) that teams will play National Cup. This eliminates US Soccer's support/sanctioning of it. The only way to play National Cup is by playing in a Cal South sanctioned "league". Which they aren't. Hence the Presidio connection. The other two gaming circuits turned down DA2 because it wasn't fair to the rest of the members in the league.
I hope Presidio members come down hard on this and stand up to whomever made the decision to administrate this bracket under the Presidio umbrella at the expense of the rest of their membership.
Next, Cal South won't sanction it because it's an "exclusive" league and not "inclusive" which is against their bylaws.
No US Club because that = no National Cup.
Folks this ain't a league. They can call it that but it's a bracket in a gaming circuit which they all already had.
IMHO, this bracket was created because the B teams (with the exception of Legends, Beach, RSC) are SO bad, their regular leagues were going to be too hard for these bad "B" teams and they needed a soft option so parents wouldn't get mad and leave.
There is ZERO benefit to this bracket of exclusive B teams. This is a pathway to nowhere. No playoffs. No DA, no national team exposure no nothing.
If your player was a DA level player, they would already be on the DA team.

This is the Developmental Players Division (not league) in Presidio Soccer League. By exclusive invitation only. End of story.

That's great, but the DAs goal of identifying national teams players is only applicable to the top few in DA. Maybe I'm not clued in completely, but how is the instruction and training any different other than the extra day? It's the same coaches.

We have had a completely different experience in DA (which hasn't started yet) training vs normal club. We had a very too level coach before. We are doing film, conditioning, much more technical focused than before. All I can say is it feels different and I had no complaint before

The b teams at other clubs should get together and create a league too. Why not at this point? Like Oprah would say- You get a league! You get a league! You get a league! A league for everybody!

My suggestion would go one step further.....all of the Presidio Clubs should get together and create their own "exclusive" division in all of the younger age groups where Albion and LAGSD need their teams to play until they reach the "special" age groups. So the uninvited clubs should become exclusive when Albion and Carlsbad need them for their teams to play and leave out the teams in those clubs since they can't be bothered when they get to DPD (Developmental Player Division) ages.

Or - the Presidio clubs should just leave Presidio and BT can run the DA2/Albion/Carlsbad Inter-club league since that's all they would have to play is each other.

We need to stop calling it a league and call it what is really is.

Disagree my dd training thus far has been EXCEPTIONAL in the DA.
Like it or not a DA player will receive instruction and additional training someone in ECNL or. SCDSL won't get.

I would bet that whoever the coach is that is providing you the EXCEPTIONAL training now, if different from your previous coach, has always provided exceptional coaching/training. Thus, it is a function of the coach and not DA per se.

Regarding additional instruction and training, just because it's 4 days a week doesn't necessarily mean anything. Most girls by this age train 4-5 days/week with speed and agility and privates.

The real advantage is going to be in training with top talent day in and day out. And if you really think about it, it will be difficult for DA to be better at it than ECNL because ECNL had all the top talent concentrated in 8 teams.

Is your daughter in the DA ?

Who are you asking?

No. We are waiting to see how it pans out this year . I am skeptical that it offers much more than our current situation. My daughter has trained under one of the current Da coaches, and I happen to think her coach this year is better. The other Da coach in our area is not what I would call a developmental coach. Academics is also priority in our family, not soccer. I'm wondering how kids will be able to juggle both with so much time at practice.

I know Eagles and Real So Cal is not participating in ECNL next season. I heard there are an additional 5-7 other SoCal clubs in that bucket too - does anyone who which clubs?

Legends, Beach and to a degree Carlsbad Lightening and LA Premier all benefited from USYS National League. I'm surprised they aren't promoting the National League gaming circuit for their B teams vs placing them in this Development Players circuit.

I know Eagles and Real So Cal is not participating in ECNL next season. I heard there are an additional 5-7 other SoCal clubs in that bucket too - does anyone who which clubs?

False

Surf
Slammers
Strikers
Blues
West coast
Arsenal
Sharks

These are SoCal ECNL teams next year along with the Vegas and AZ teams

Real and Eagles had a choice between DA and ECNL. They chose DA

Legends, Beach and to a degree Carlsbad Lightening and LA Premier all benefited from USYS National League. I'm surprised they aren't promoting the National League gaming circuit for their B teams vs placing them in this Development Players circuit.

Hey NG, from what I've been told, it looks like the teams in the DPL will play in there Academy Team league (10 Teams), also petition for USYS National League (4 games in North Carolina, and 3 in Vegas) and represent DPL in Cal South National Cup. Throw in a couple of Showcases ( Silverlakes and/or Surf). It should be a good chance for girls to get looked at by some Colleges.

My suggestion would go one step further.....all of the Presidio Clubs should get together and create their own "exclusive" division in all of the younger age groups where Albion and LAGSD need their teams to play until they reach the "special" age groups. So the uninvited clubs should become exclusive when Albion and Carlsbad need them for their teams to play and leave out the teams in those clubs since they can't be bothered when they get to DPD (Developmental Player Division) ages.

Or - the Presidio clubs should just leave Presidio and BT can run the DA2/Albion/Carlsbad Inter-club league since that's all they would have to play is each other.

We need to stop calling it a league and call it what is really is.

What people seem to be missing is that this isn't a "league" at all. It's not sanctioned by anyone. This is an exclusive bracket with selective membership being run by Presidio for the exclusive members in the bracket. You can't be promoted in to this bracket. You can't be relegated out of it and you pick and chose who you want in it. The word "league" is misleading.
They will play Presidio/SDDA until they get to the age of exclusivity and then they get to play in their own bracket where they have their own rules.
US Soccer isn't sanctioning this. They wouldn't be able to play National Cup is US Soccer sanctioned it and they made it very clear (the only clear thing in their otherwise vague press release) that teams will play National Cup. This eliminates US Soccer's support/sanctioning of it. The only way to play National Cup is by playing in a Cal South sanctioned "league". Which they aren't. Hence the Presidio connection. The other two gaming circuits turned down DA2 because it wasn't fair to the rest of the members in the league.
I hope Presidio members come down hard on this and stand up to whomever made the decision to administrate this bracket under the Presidio umbrella at the expense of the rest of their membership.
Next, Cal South won't sanction it because it's an "exclusive" league and not "inclusive" which is against their bylaws.
No US Club because that = no National Cup.
Folks this ain't a league. They can call it that but it's a bracket in a gaming circuit which they all already had.
IMHO, this bracket was created because the B teams (with the exception of Legends, Beach, RSC) are SO bad, their regular leagues were going to be too hard for these bad "B" teams and they needed a soft option so parents wouldn't get mad and leave.
There is ZERO benefit to this bracket of exclusive B teams. This is a pathway to nowhere. No playoffs. No DA, no national team exposure no nothing.
If your player was a DA level player, they would already be on the DA team.

This is the Developmental Players Division (not league) in Presidio Soccer League. By exclusive invitation only. End of story.

Names, leagues, branding aside, this is simple:

These clubs are just replacing their CSL or SCDSL leagues to play each other. Nothing else changes, the good teams will continue to qualify for CRL and National League, Surf, etc. and the bad ones won't. Nothing wrong with doing away with a bad SCDSL or an even worse CSL season.

These clubs are just replacing their CSL or SCDSL leagues to play each other. Nothing else changes, the good teams will continue to qualify for CRL and National League, Surf, etc. and the bad ones won't. Nothing wrong with doing away with a bad SCDSL or an even worse CSL season.[/QUOTE]

But what's the point? I really don't think Albion b team would even be successful in scdsl or csl, whatever it is they play. They couldn't beat a force or a notts level team. The same with a lot of those other DP teams. It seems to me that those coaches made promises about the level of team that would quickly be debunked in Crl and league.

These clubs are just replacing their CSL or SCDSL leagues to play each other. Nothing else changes, the good teams will continue to qualify for CRL and National League, Surf, etc. and the bad ones won't. Nothing wrong with doing away with a bad SCDSL or an even worse CSL season.

But what's the point? I really don't think Albion b team would even be successful in scdsl or csl, whatever it is they play. They couldn't beat a force or a notts level team. The same with a lot of those other DP teams. It seems to me that those coaches made promises about the level of team that would quickly be debunked in Crl and league.[/QUOTE]
I assume you aren't making a blanket statement across all age groups, right?

But what's the point? I really don't think Albion b team would even be successful in scdsl or csl, whatever it is they play. They couldn't beat a force or a notts level team. The same with a lot of those other DP teams. It seems to me that those coaches made promises about the level of team that would quickly be debunked in Crl and league.
I assume you aren't making a blanket statement across all age groups, right?[/QUOTE]

I should have been more specific. I was talking about 04s. Although I do think it's hard to make the argument that those clubs b teams are deserving of their own league, no matter the age. Top talent, from what I am seeing, are either DA, ecnl, or A team at a non-DA or ecnl club. Not DA b team.

The overall assumption is that EVERY player that is considered a DA level player at a given club, will accept the assignment. Or that all the top talent from Non-DA clubs will migrate to a DA Club. I honestly don't think this will be the case, particularly in this innagural year. I am hearing of and witnessing several top talent that are choosing to pass on DA all together. Which would lead me to believe the 2nd teams will be strong. Aside from the 4 ECNL clubs that abstained from the DAII, I think most of the B teams will represent the strength of each age group. Not saying that here won't be acceptions to the rule by Non-ECNL and Non-DA clubs.

The overall assumption is that EVERY player that is considered a DA level player at a given club, will accept the assignment. Or that all the top talent from Non-DA clubs will migrate to a DA Club. I honestly don't think this will be the case, particularly in this innagural year. I am hearing of and witnessing several top talent that are choosing to pass on DA all together. Which would lead me to believe the 2nd teams will be strong. Aside from the 4 ECNL clubs that abstained from the DAII, I think most of the B teams will represent the strength of each age group. Not saying that here won't be acceptions to the rule by Non-ECNL and Non-DA clubs.
I definitely don't think all top talent is going to DA. I completely agree with you. But I don't think those parents will stay with the club to play on a b team. It seems like they would go ecnl or a strong non-DA team. I could be wrong though.

I guess without US Soccer sanctioning, I'm still struggling to see the point of this DAII/DPL league. They could have just called these B teams "Academy Reserve", put them in SCDSL/CSL and then called it a day. They (DPL) are under the exact same restrictions as Presidio/CSL/SCDSL in regards to DPs, so the pathway is identical. And they're having to jump through a lot of hoops just to be eligible for National Cup and CRL. And there's no need to create entire new league just to enter a couple of showcases. There are already plenty available for CalSouth teams. And if you actually have a strong team, then there shouldn't be any problems entering into tournaments like Surf Cup, Legends, and etc.

Elite players will always be fine, but this league fragmentation really hurts the Flight 1.5 and Silver Elite level players and teams. If a mid-level Gold or Silver Elite player is playing alongside or against a mishmash of Silver-to-almost Bronze players, then it's very easy for those players to get lost in the mediocrity. A coach/scout will look at the game for 2 minutes, see the poor quality, and move on. It's also hard for emerging players to be challenged if the team only has about 3-4 players at or near that same level because those players are spread thin across 6 different leagues (Presidio, SDDA, DPL, SCDSL, CSL, and ECNL).

I also have serious doubts of the depth of the talent pools at these DA clubs. On the boys side, the 02,03, and 04 all had a similar split with the expanded DA age groups last year. Across 3 age groups, not a single "B" team of these DA clubs finished in the top half of a league table, almost none of them had a significant result at a major tournament, all (except 02s, still in progress) had relatively early exits in state/national cup, and the few that managed to qualify for CRL finished in the bottom half of the table. I know these are boys and not girls, but a strong Gold level "B" team at DA club is an exception rather than the rule from what I've seen. With the boys, LAUFA and Albion Garton managed to get a few good results here and there but I wouldn't want to make a "B" team league of LAUFA, Albion Garton, Surf Select, Real SoCal, Arsenal, Golden State, LAGSB in any of the age groups between 02,03,04. It would be a mix of mid-level Gold teams with borderline Bronze teams. It's better for the stronger "B" teams to play in the top flights of CSL/SDSL and the weaker ones to play in the lower levels of those leagues. That would be better for the player's development.

It'll be interesting to see how the mid-table/bottom table DPL teams compare to regular SCDSL/CSL/Presidio teams when we see them in mixed competitions. Some parents will be in for a rude awakening when they realize they had to jump through all these hoops just to struggle to beat a no-name Silver club from the high desert whose parents spent a quarter of the price on club fees and training.

I hope the boys don't follow in the footsteps of this DPL league. But I imagine this is just a "face-saving" league and it probably won't be around in its current form 2 years from now. I don't blame the parents at all. There's been a ton of changes over the last 12 months and it's extremely difficult to navigate through it, especially when we're also caught in the middle of a turf war between clubs and associations.

Last edited:
I guess without US Soccer sanctioning, I'm still struggling to see the point of this DAII/DPL league. They could have just called these B teams "Academy Reserve", put them in SCDSL/CSL and then called it a day. They (DPL) are under the exact same restrictions as Presidio/CSL/SCDSL in regards to DPs, so the pathway is identical. And they're having to jump through a lot of hoops just to be eligible for National Cup and CRL. And there's no need to create entire new league just to enter a couple of showcases. There are already plenty available for CalSouth teams. And if you actually have a strong team, then there shouldn't be any problems entering into tournaments like Surf Cup, Legends, and etc.

Elite players will always be fine, but this league fragmentation really hurts the Flight 1.5 and Silver Elite level players and teams. If a mid-level Gold or Silver Elite player is playing alongside or against a mishmash of Silver-to-almost Bronze players, then it's very easy for those players to get lost in the mediocrity. A coach/scout will look at the game for 2 minutes, see the poor quality, and move on. It's also hard for emerging players to be challenged if the team only has about 3-4 players at or near that same level because those players are spread thin across 6 different leagues (Presidio, SDDA, DPL, SCDSL, CSL, and ECNL).

I also have serious doubts of the depth of the talent pools at these DA clubs. On the boys side, the 02,03, and 04 all had a similar split with the expanded DA age groups last year. Across 3 age groups, not a single "B" team of these DA clubs finished in the top half of a league table, almost none of them had a significant result at a major tournament, all (except 02s, still in progress) had relatively early exits in state/national cup, and the few that managed to qualify for CRL finished in the bottom half of the table. I know these are boys and not girls, but a strong Gold level "B" team at DA club is an exception rather than the rule from what I've seen. With the boys, LAUFA and Albion Garton managed to get a few good results here and there but I wouldn't want to make a "B" team league of LAUFA, Albion Garton, Surf Select, Real SoCal, Arsenal, Golden State, LAGSB in any of the age groups between 02,03,04. It would be a mix of mid-level Gold teams with borderline Bronze teams. It's better for the stronger "B" teams to play in the top flights of CSL/SDSL and the weaker ones to play in the lower levels of those leagues. That would be better for the player's development.

It'll be interesting to see how the mid-table/bottom table DPL teams compare to regular SCDSL/CSL/Presidio teams when we see them in mixed competitions. Some parents will be in for a rude awakening when they realize they had to jump through all these hoops just to struggle to beat a no-name Silver club from the high desert whose parents spent a quarter of the price on club fees and training.

I hope the boys don't follow in the footsteps of this DPL league. But I imagine this is just a "face-saving" league and it probably won't be around in its current form 2 years from now. I don't blame the parents at all. There's been a ton of changes over the last 12 months and it's extremely difficult to navigate through it, especially when we're also caught in the middle of a turf war between clubs and associations.

DPL isn't a league. It's a bracket/division in Presidio. Just liked very other bracket. Only it's exclusive to the clubs in it. No one else can be a part of it.
That's what parents need to understand. This isn't a league on any level. It's a 10 team division, with travel to AZ, that plays in Presidio. It's not a National League or even a local league. The SoCal leagues are CSL/SCDSL/Presidio that play under Cal South. This DPD (Developmental Player Division) is not sanctioned by Cal South which a league has to be. The players will register through Cal South just like they did when they played in CSL/SCDSL/Presidio.

Back