GIRLS DAII

Look at the DA conferences across the country and the travel for conferences other than SoCal. Look at the cluster of clubs that is the Southwest conference then check out the clubs involved in every other conference in the country with multiple states in each conference. This type of travel is a stretch for the regular DA teams and will be difficult enough. It's not sustainable for a nationwide DA2 "league" which is what is being promoted by the bozo brigade. The type of money needed to travel for league games for B teams is better used going to college showcase events, not traveling for meaningless games to play clubs 3 states and a plane ride away. This DA2 thing is not anything that can be implemented nationally even though that's what parents are being told by the SoCal DA2 peeps.
Okay, I get that for the other regions, and totally agree. But, I could care less about what they are pitching Nationally. The only thing that matters is what they are pitching to all in the Southwest. Is it going to work out? How is is going to work out? What is the platform? Still a few questions to be answered for the DAII folks.

And one more point. Eliminate the clubs on the DA map that have both DA and ECNL because the DPD gang doesn't want them to be able to play in the sandbox either. So no Slammers, Blues, Surf or West Coast in the SoCal DPD and then take those DA/ECNL clubs out of the rest of the country too because they aren't allowed in this exclusive division. So that leaves how many clubs traveling how far to play each other's B teams in a league that doesn't exist?
It's not that they aren't allowed. If they had it thier way, every team would be on board. Its that they chose to stick with ECNL. Again, nationally, don't care. It's not going to happen anyway.

And one more point. Eliminate the clubs on the DA map that have both DA and ECNL because the DPD gang doesn't want them to be able to play in the sandbox either. So no Slammers, Blues, Surf or West Coast in the SoCal DPD and then take those DA/ECNL clubs out of the rest of the country too because they aren't allowed in this exclusive division. So that leaves how many clubs traveling how far to play each other's B teams in a league that doesn't exist?

Question what is your personal axe to grind against those DOC? Or are you just passionate?

Question what is your personal axe to grind against those DOC? Or are you just passionate?

No axe to grind at all. Just trying to keep people informed. At the end of the day people will make up their own minds and to what they want but they should have the most accurate information possible in doing so. I do think there is a lot of false information being fed to parents and I think that's wrong.
The GoalNation press release was vague. The information on the club websites is vague. They are claiming to be a league and they aren't. There is no published format, no structure, no information regarding showcases, nothing. Just a list of clubs participating. Seems a bit odd don't you think?

It's not that they aren't allowed. If they had it thier way, every team would be on board. Its that they chose to stick with ECNL. Again, nationally, don't care. It's not going to happen anyway.

They have straight up said they do not want Surf, Slammers, Blues or West Coast to be a part of this. Even if they opt out of ECNL down the road. Those clubs B teams would destroy the likes of LAP, Carlsbad, Albion, Pats and others. They want no part of playing them in the DPD.

They have straight up said they do not want Surf, Slammers, Blues or West Coast to be a part of this. Even if they opt out of ECNL down the road. Those clubs B teams would destroy the likes of LAP, Carlsbad, Albion, Pats and others. They want no part of playing them in the DPD.
It's called DPL, not DPD. But Wow! They said that? I stand corrected. However, I don't agree with your assertion that their B teams would dominate or destroy.

No axe to grind at all. Just trying to keep people informed. At the end of the day people will make up their own minds and to what they want but they should have the most accurate information possible in doing so. I do think there is a lot of false information being fed to parents and I think that's wrong.
The GoalNation press release was vague. The information on the club websites is vague. They are claiming to be a league and they aren't. There is no published format, no structure, no information regarding showcases, nothing. Just a list of clubs participating. Seems a bit odd don't you think?

I agree in transparency and debunking myths. I also think Goal Nation at its best is a rag and at its worst is the defacto Surf Paper so I have never put too much stock in that mess of fake news.
They sold a "dream". They believed what they were selling though.
I do not agree that any of this is over. The DA had changed the landscape much more than anyone would have thought. We had a lot of people making a lot of money off our pseudo fake leagues in SoCal and now it's all being exposed. When people see rosters and what has happened I think it will show that there were a lot more choices for families this year and the people who used to bend us over backwards no longer have the power they held for the last ten years

I have never heard this. What I heard was that the ECNL clubs didn't want to give that up yet because DA was not proven - makes perfect sense to me.
The ECNL clubs are not innocent - they did a lot of really crappy things to Carlsbad over the years for one. Now Carlsbad is enjoying some time in the sun.
I personally think it's funny to watch the ECNL clubs have a little moment of freak out.
As far as B teams at ECNL clubs "beating everyone" uh yeah no not anymore. That's 2015. Landscape is different - lots of changes now.

It's called DPL, not DPD. But Wow! They said that? I stand corrected. However, I don't agree with your assertion that their B teams would dominate or destroy.
They may call it DPL (Development Player League) but it's not a "league" its a division in a league so we all refer to it as the DPD (Development Players Division).

They may call it DPL (Development Player League) but it's not a "league" its a division in a league so we all refer to it as the DPD (Development Players Division).

I am happy you pointed this out in a previous post because I for one was oblivious to this. I was just curious why you are so passionate about it. I didn't mean to imply anything I was curious

I have never heard this. What I heard was that the ECNL clubs didn't want to give that up yet because DA was not proven - makes perfect sense to me.
The ECNL clubs are not innocent - they did a lot of really crappy things to Carlsbad over the years for one. Now Carlsbad is enjoying some time in the sun.
I personally think it's funny to watch the ECNL clubs have a little moment of freak out.
As far as B teams at ECNL clubs "beating everyone" uh yeah no not anymore. That's 2015. Landscape is different - lots of changes now.
ECNL clubs don't have to give up DA and visa versa. They have both. Why would they opt out of ECNL which is a proven marketing machine, for this fake DA2 circus? A lot of change will take place in the coming years but we can only deal with what we have to deal with today. Life is that way anyways right?
What has ECNL done to Carlsbad other than not accept them in to the league? What's crappy about that? What time in the sun are they enjoying? DA? We will see how long the sun tanning lasts before the rain cloud settles in. Carlsbad is sweating bullets that this DPD doesn't get off the ground and they've sold this as the next great thing since they don't have ECNL to go along with DA. The look on MD's face at the meeting last night apparently said it all.
I also don't see any of the ECNL clubs freaking out over anything. I think the leadership of the ECNL is freaking out but the clubs aren't. ECNL will lose it's stature over the next few years but for the players that are sophomores and older it's still a great option. ECNL is also great for the players that are already committed to college or that want to play high school or don't want to meet the strict training guidelines that DA will have to follow. It will still be viable for a few more years until US Soccer brings the hammer down on them with mandated sub rules and other uncomfortable rules that ECNL won't like. But for now, they are fine.
The ECNL clubs that don't have DA (Strikers, Arsenal) are fine as well by having their A teams in ECNL and they will move up the food chain and have better results than they normally do because the titans have left the league.
The clubs that have both DA and ECNL are sitting pretty with 2 league options for their players.
Do I think this is all over. Nope. The circus comes to town at least a few times a year and the bozos will always be on the ticket so nothing is ever over in this funny little world of youth soccer.

I am happy you pointed this out in a previous post because I for one was oblivious to this. I was just curious why you are so passionate about it. I didn't mean to imply anything I was curious
Again, I think people deserve to be as informed as possible. I don't think it's passion as much as it is frustration over the lack of transparency and the bad example being set by the people running this circus. For example, had I not explained that the DPL is not really a league and that it's really the DPD, how many other people would have known that or understood it? GoalNation isn't going to explain it. Here alliance is to NG even though she's a Surf snob too. I think it's called playing both sides of the fence but the articles are rarely factual or researched.
The DOC's obviously haven't explained clearly or else people wouldn't still be calling it the DPL.
I try and take the emotion, or passion, out of my posts and I try to present the facts as I know them to be. Just trying to be helpful.

Again, I think people deserve to be as informed as possible. I don't think it's passion as much as it is frustration over the lack of transparency and the bad example being set by the people running this circus. For example, had I not explained that the DPL is not really a league and that it's really the DPD, how many other people would have known that or understood it? GoalNation isn't going to explain it. Here alliance is to NG even though she's a Surf snob too. I think it's called playing both sides of the fence but the articles are rarely factual or researched.
The DOC's obviously haven't explained clearly or else people wouldn't still be calling it the DPL.
I try and take the emotion, or passion, out of my posts and I try to present the facts as I know them to be. Just trying to be helpful.

She didn't become a NG fan until A family member went to the DA until then it was all SURF all the time. It's such a racket. My new favorite racket they're all selling are the trips to Barcelona and England I wonder what cut they're getting from that

I may sound like a Carlsbad homer but it's more of respect because I think MD has done some very interesting things over the last year's with waves and lightning and then the merger with LA Galaxy. I think that club has made some interesting moves while basically taking over that part of the geography. I also think Albion has done a pretty interesting job of building up South-bay.
The whole time all Surf did was say we are Surf come play at the polo field and take everyone's players. Sorry but I've seen these boys play and I will take a scrappy team from Southbay or Escondido on the boys side any day over a Surf team and it's obvious when you look at what happens when the boys start getting older and where they go

I may sound like a Carlsbad homer but it's more of respect because I think MD has done some very interesting things over the last year's with waves and lightning and then the merger with LA Galaxy. I think that club has made some interesting moves while basically taking over that part of the geography. I also think Albion has done a pretty interesting job of building up South-bay.
The whole time all Surf did was say we are Surf come play at the polo field and take everyone's players. Sorry but I've seen these boys play and I will take a scrappy team from Southbay or Escondido on the boys side any day over a Surf team and it's obvious when you look at what happens when the boys start getting older and where they go
Everyone has to be a homer for someone but I'd rather be a homer than a bozo.

We have had a completely different experience in DA (which hasn't started yet) training vs normal club. We had a very too level coach before. We are doing film, conditioning, much more technical focused than before. All I can say is it feels different and I had no complaint before
Where were you training before? Was your daughter an ECNL or "A" team player the last two years? I only ask because the things you are so excited about ARE great, but they are also things that the top girls have been doing for the last 2-3 years. training on their own 1-2 days a week outside of practice, strength/speed/conditioning....this is not new.

I hope that everything works well with DA because I want all of your DDs to have the success and opportunities they deserve. But the only people who seem hype about it are those who are just now playing top level.

Top club top team.
You snuck in a phrase "on their own". Yes as much as I have enjoyed being a soccer Chauffeur for every speed, TRX, weights, film, team bonding experience at various locations for various private trainers that has scaled back a bit.
I am loving the "included in price and at same geographic location" aspect of the DA.
For better or worse our experience has been great and we won't be jumping on any negative bandwagon. It is the new reality and so we are doing what we can.

Top club top team.
You snuck in a phrase "on their own". Yes as much as I have enjoyed being a soccer Chauffeur for every speed, TRX, weights, film, team bonding experience at various locations for various private trainers that has scaled back a bit.
I am loving the "included in price and at same geographic location" aspect of the DA.
For better or worse our experience has been great and we won't be jumping on any negative bandwagon. It is the new reality and so we are doing what we can.
In order for our DDs to get to the next level they SHOULD be doing this on their own as it speaks volumes about their dedication. I strongly believe DA will undercut that one on one time. Privates work! Our girls need someone besides the coach, whose focus is team concepts, to help with their individual needs. No need to jump on the negative bandwagon. @pooka is pointing out the obvious; a new patch didn't change anything. Top girls, are top because of ALL the outside work.

Back