GIRLS DAII

From the website.... http://dpleague.org/about/

"The Academy II- Developmental Player League (DP League) was created through a collaboration between Development Academy clubs and provides an incredible option for an expanded pool of participating players to train and develop under the same guidelines and principles mandated by the DA. Players who excel in the Academy II program will also have the opportunity to serve as “Developmental Players” to the DA teams.

The league is comprised strictly of DA clubs, and will sanctioned under US Youth Soccer/ Cal South. This dual sanctioning allows teams the freedom to play within CRL, US National League and National State Cup, should they choose to do so in addition to the DP League.

In addition, Academy II teams will be participate in two major showcases during the season to increase the level of exposure to college and National team scouts (Silverlakes College Showcase- November, Vegas Players Showcase- March)."

The b teams at other clubs should get together and create a league too. Why not at this point? Like Oprah would say- You get a league! You get a league! You get a league! A league for everybody!

ESL; Elite Scrimmage League...coming soon w/ sanctioning ......you can play who ever you want, whenever, with any player, and still play in all those other alphabet leagues and comps too. Or you can just play in one of the many existing area side show leagues; http://www.ssplu.com/

DPL a Presidio derivative? with 10 teams 75 miles away w/ one in another state that's not sanctioned yet but puts up a copy cat web site w/ some questionable info?

From the website.... http://dpleague.org/about/

"The Academy II- Developmental Player League (DP League) was created through a collaboration between Development Academy clubs and provides an incredible option for an expanded pool of participating players to train and develop under the same guidelines and principles mandated by the DA. Players who excel in the Academy II program will also have the opportunity to serve as “Developmental Players” to the DA teams.

The league is comprised strictly of DA clubs, and will sanctioned under US Youth Soccer/ Cal South. This dual sanctioning allows teams the freedom to play within CRL, US National League and National State Cup, should they choose to do so in addition to the DP League.

In addition, Academy II teams will be participate in two major showcases during the season to increase the level of exposure to college and National team scouts (Silverlakes College Showcase- November, Vegas Players Showcase- March)."
They need someone to proofread their website...

You see this little tidbit they are selling?

"Additional DA clubs from across the US will be permitted to join the league in due course."

Whatever happened to putting your kid on the best fit team for the kid? For one of my players, DA2/B-team/ECNL is where she needs to be because she needs a LOT of minutes to stay match fit, and to keep her confidence up. I guess I could talk her way onto a higher level team but do I really want to see her ride the pine and start to feel how much that sucks compared to the glamour of being able to say she's DA? She's in a position now where she can fill in on the DA team when needed (and it has been our experience over the years that the older ages need lots of kids playing up or filling in from time to time) with the DP pass. Yes, I believe she will be used here and there. No, I don't think that's the golden ticket to DA. The entire reason we are even with the program we chose is coaching staff alone. I/my player doesn't give a hoot what gaming circuit its in because the staff is quality enough and well connected enough that I know that her ultimate goal, to play on the collegiate level, will come to fruition if she does the work.

I think its weird how any parent that is having their kid play on the B-team is getting pigeonholed into some category that they are "drinking the koolaid" or clamoring to get in line on a DA/ECNL team. My player will play on the team she is ready for at this time, and as long as she is challenged by great coaching then I'm happy. I would not be happy in some organizations where they have nebulous B/C/D teams with subpar coaching and bullshitting about how EGSL is more relevant than National Cup.

That was kind of a rant, wasn't it. Didn't mean it to be. I guess I was taking the diminishment of the B team choice personally LOL

Whatever happened to putting your kid on the best fit team for the kid? For one of my players, DA2/B-team/ECNL is where she needs to be because she needs a LOT of minutes to stay match fit, and to keep her confidence up. I guess I could talk her way onto a higher level team but do I really want to see her ride the pine and start to feel how much that sucks compared to the glamour of being able to say she's DA? She's in a position now where she can fill in on the DA team when needed (and it has been our experience over the years that the older ages need lots of kids playing up or filling in from time to time) with the DP pass. Yes, I believe she will be used here and there. No, I don't think that's the golden ticket to DA. The entire reason we are even with the program we chose is coaching staff alone. I/my player doesn't give a hoot what gaming circuit its in because the staff is quality enough and well connected enough that I know that her ultimate goal, to play on the collegiate level, will come to fruition if she does the work.

I think its weird how any parent that is having their kid play on the B-team is getting pigeonholed into some category that they are "drinking the koolaid" or clamoring to get in line on a DA/ECNL team. My player will play on the team she is ready for at this time, and as long as she is challenged by great coaching then I'm happy. I would not be happy in some organizations where they have nebulous B/C/D teams with subpar coaching and bullshitting about how EGSL is more relevant than National Cup.

That was kind of a rant, wasn't it. Didn't mean it to be. I guess I was taking the diminishment of the B team choice personally LOL

I know many good players on B teams, and I think obviously it is best to have your child somewhere they are going to get 50%+ play time. I just don't understand why they need a separate league, when they are the second team. It seems like nothing but a ploy to keep parents happy. And while you are realitic, I can tell you a lot of parents are not, and the clubs are catering to those parents.

I know many good players on B teams, and I think obviously it is best to have your child somewhere they are going to get 50%+ play time. I just don't understand why they need a separate league, when they are the second team. It seems like nothing but a ploy to keep parents happy. And while you are realitic, I can tell you a lot of parents are not, and the clubs are catering to those parents.

Agree there are some clubs that like to bullshit to get you to sign; maybe even some of the clubs participating in this DA2 league. However I'm guessing because the DA2 is trying to keep those teams within the Development Academy construct of training and games, they want more flexibility than what is provided by just playing in CSL or SCDSL. That's just a guess, though. Once again I'm pretty jaded, though, as I started in this world back in the CSL premier days and have seen how a lot of this shakes out in the end.

Brother: that was a home run post. We need to stop thinking that this team or playing circuit is the only pass to greatness. Some players will thrive in an ECNL environment and others will struggle mightily. Some may find the DA program the right fit and others will say it is terrible. Some players may need a year or two at flight 2 or 3 before they develop the confidence to play at a very high level.

First and foremost, find a coach that you and your kid really connect with. Teammates are important too (especially for girls), so don't overlook that part either. At the end of the day, if your kid is not having fun playing the game, there is nothing you can do to fix it.

Club soccer is a business first. If it wasn't would they come out and train our players for free? I don't have an issue with the business aspect of club sports (we can all say no to club soccer), but always remember what the coaches and directors are in it for.........$$$$. If it was about the love and passion to teach soccer to our children, why don't coaches offer free private training?

I don't see the US Soccer or DA crest. Got to love those who drank the DAII Kool-Aid!

Never believe everything a club tells you. They are selling you on the sizzle.

http://simplesmallbiz.com/business-marketing-101-sell-the-sizzle-not-the-steak/

NoGoal - I like most of your posts and commentary, but it just seems like you want to crap on our parade every chance you get.

We get it, your dd is aging out and the both of you don't have to go through this anymore. That is great for you and her, but the rest of us are still on the journey. Do we have all the answers? Do you?

Can I make a plea to you..........when someone asks for advice that you have first-hand knowledge of, please share. If you are going to comment on things that you have no knowledge of, let it go. Sound fair?

I think the issue wasn't pertaining to B teams. It was more about Girls DA clubs selling the DAII model as a US Soccer supporter and sanctioned league.

The net net is the Girls DA clubs without ECNL affiliation knew the players who don't make their DA roster will most likely leave for another DA team and/or ECNL team.

The net net is the Girls DA clubs without ECNL affiliation knew the players who don't make their DA roster will most likely leave for another DA team and/or ECNL team.

If they don't make DA in one place what makes them so sure they will make it elsewhere as a starter? But then again, I guess we are talking about people that don't care if their kid plays or not.

NoGoal - I like most of your posts and commentary, but it just seems like you want to crap on our parade every chance you get.

We get it, your dd is aging out and the both of you don't have to go through this anymore. That is great for you and her, but the rest of us are still on the journey. Do we have all the answers? Do you?

Can I make a plea to you..........when someone asks for advice that you have first-hand knowledge of, please share. If you are going to comment on things that you have no knowledge of, let it go. Sound fair?

Baba, being in club soccer for a decade now. It was obvious the DA clubs were selling DAII as sizzle. I posted that a month or so back. History repeats itself, example ECNL had to find a league for their B teams and Walid (Slammers) came up with EGSL. How was it NOT obvious that DAII was the same? Mahrez and Younothat who have son's playing Boys DA posted it many, many, many times.

Posters want to believe what they want to believe, because club coaches are selling on a parents emotion aka their DDs.

If they don't make DA in one place what makes them so sure they will make it elsewhere as a starter? But then again, I guess we are talking about people that don't care if their kid plays or not.

I'm sure there will be a disparity between talent levels on teams. A bench player on a top DA team, or a DAII player at that club, could most likely make a lower DA team, and could probably start.

GKrent did you mean "they don't make DAII"? Parents shouldn't be placing their kid because of a league. They should be placing them based on play time, good coach, enjoying the game and developing as a player still. Seriously, did this new league really have to follow the DA sub rules? It's the B/sister team, all the players on the team need to develop and not be limited in their play time.

I think some people are missing the point. We can all agree that you pick the best coach/team for your kid.

But some of the DA clubs (not all but some like the track suit wearing bozo brigade) promised a sanctioned DA II and sold it as already being approved. So the question is even if the coach of the B team is the best fit for your kid, how can you trust a club that was selling a load of crap?

Second, creating this new league further waters down the competition for everyone. The level of play on the DPL teams will be unbalanced. Everyone would be better served if these teams were placed in their correct level in CSL or SCDSL instead of having 10 teams that you are stuck with regardless of their level of play.

Back