GIRLS DAII

So...let us see if I have this right.

- They are creating a league where these 10 teams compete against the others.
- These teams will also continue to play in the CA leagues..in AZ we call it the State League or APL.
- Toss in a showcase or 2
- In theory some girls will be "developmental" players and maybe get called up.

Am I missing anything?
I see your point. Seems SoCal is a "just a tad" deeper in talent then the 602 but still you make a good point.

DPLA2...Interesting but not a surprising collaboration to help drive talent and growth to those clubs. Where are the elite clubs like LAFC Slammers, Surf, Blues? Did I miss something or will they simply embrace ECNL as their DPLA?
LAFC doesn't have a a girls team under LAFC. Slammers is LAFC girls division. Slammers, Surf and Blues all have ECNL they won't be involved in a Da II league because that would make there ECNL team the third team.

This is an off shoot League under the Presidio umbrella. Now you have Presidio, SDDA, and whatever they are calling this all overseen by Bob Turner. This is fact.

Those loyal to Presidio aren't happy.

This is nothing more then a way for these clubs to keep their B kids.

The showcases are run by Legends (AKA Silverlakes Showcase) and Vegas, where the director will partner up with anyone. Nothing new here.

Good for them for pulling it off, but it is not the second coming.

ECNL will still be a better option then this. But to each his own. And DA may overtime be a better option then ECNL has been.

But this is no different then what these teams have already had, just with a different title.

It's a way to keep $$ at home instead of losing these kids to clubs with ECNL.

So...let us see if I have this right.

- They are creating a league where these 10 teams compete against the others. (Fall only I hear)
- These teams will also continue to play in the CA leagues..in AZ we call it the State League or APL. (National Cup)
- Toss in a showcase or 2 (two they already play in)
- In theory some girls will be "developmental" players and maybe get called up. (6)

Am I missing anything?

Correct nothing new, just new lipstick.

I see your point. Seems SoCal is a "just a tad" deeper in talent then the 602 but still you make a good point.
No doubt about the talent pool comment. That is a given.

From an AZ standpoint having a league where you can play more (and generally better ) So Cal teams vs playing the same AZ teams does have some attraction.

The question here is...

Sereno has struggled a bit of late in the ENCL vs the other So Cal teams.

The best in AZ will most likely migrate to del Sol DA. The only remaining ECNL is Sereno now.

I wonder how many who would have or who are considering Sereno ECNL will instead go to the B team for del Sol?

Sereno needs all the players they can get...and if some now are thinking other options, where does that leave them?

LAFC doesn't have a a girls team under LAFC. Slammers is LAFC girls division. Slammers, Surf and Blues all have ECNL they won't be involved in a Da II league because that would make there ECNL team the third team.

Other ECNL clubs bowed out though- or were asked to leave I don't know.

This is an off shoot League under the Presidio umbrella. Now you have Presidio, SDDA, and whatever they are calling this all overseen by Bob Turner. This is fact.

Those loyal to Presidio aren't happy.

This is nothing more then a way for these clubs to keep their B kids.

The showcases are run by Legends (AKA Silverlakes Showcase) and Vegas, where the director will partner up with anyone. Nothing new here.

Good for them for pulling it off, but it is not the second coming.

ECNL will still be a better option then this. But to each his own. And DA may overtime be a better option then ECNL has been.

But this is no different then what these teams have already had, just with a different title.

It's a way to keep $$ at home instead of losing these kids to clubs with ECNL.

I agree it's just another gaming circuit. You have to find the circuit and coach within the circuit that best develops your daughter. Not one of these is " the second coming" as a previous poster said

This league will be strong much stronger than SCDSL flight one.
I don't see any language that is deceptive but it's early and I need coffee.

You need more coffee, and because of that I'll give you a pass. If certain '04 flight 1 level teams stay together (e.g. Slammers Huie, HB, Segovia, Westside Breakers, Legends Riverside, I.E. Surf Premiere, Fullerton Rangers, Blues Kale, Beach Gouveia), they will destroy any DA-II type team. These teams were competitive with actual DA teams! Not only will they will they be better than DA-II teams, they will competitive and possibly better than some lower level DA teams. They will also be better than most, if not all, ECNL teams. There's only so much talent to go around. If the top players go DA, and the flight 1 teams I mentioned stay put, where are they going to get all the talent for their DA-II teams?

So with this news, will all of the DAII haters come back and say they were wrong?

I couldn't care less whether this league will be better or worse than ECNL, Flight 1, CSL Premier. I am just happy that another item that was discussed during the DA tryouts has come to fruition.

Booey, this is not a good thing for "ulittle" soccer overall if we agree with the premise that you get better by playing against good competition. The 04 landscape for example is going to be one hot mess. You will have the top teams/girls at DA, and even some of those teams will be relatively weak. Then you will have a couple of good to very good ECNL teams, a few very good Gold CSL teams, maybe 7-8 very good flight 1 teams, and now some "who knows what level" DA-II teams. The problem is there's too many leagues and the non DA teams will not be able to play each other consistently. We all lose under this scenario.

You need more coffee, and because of that I'll give you a pass. If certain '04 flight 1 level teams stay together (e.g. Slammers Huie, HB, Segovia, Westside Breakers, Legends Riverside, I.E. Surf Premiere, Fullerton Rangers, Blues Kale, Beach Gouveia), they will destroy any DA-II type team. These teams were competitive with actual DA teams! Not only will they will they be better than DA-II teams, they will competitive and possibly better than some lower level DA teams. They will also be better than most, if not all, ECNL teams. There's only so much talent to go around. If the top players go DA, and the flight 1 teams I mentioned stay put, where are they going to get all the talent for their DA-II teams?

Read your next post and we are 100 percent on the same page.
Still have no coffee so bear with me- your scenario doesn't make sense because Kale is ECNL (so won't be in SCSDL), Beach and Legends will be in DA2 (not SCDSL), I hear Slammers DA is crazy stacked and their second team is ECNL (probably one of the best with Surf Condliffe right there).
That leaves Rangers, Westside and a bunch of random Slammers teams. I haven't looked at the spring league but I hear it's been a disaster with no competition and a diluted field.
I agree with you- none of us win really. It's a shame

This is accurate from the goalnation article:

“This is an opportunity outside the DA for our ten clubs to work together creating quality competition and local showcase opportunities for our players. We don’t see this as an extension of anything, but rather as an opportunity for our second teams to have their own familiar pathway to reaching their club soccer goals,” says Mauricio Ingrassia, "

Some of the other things mentioned are questionable
"this new girls-only league will focus on creating a pathway for players to progress, develop and be identified by creating a seamless bridge between the DA and Academy II"

Separate leagues with separate registration systems, rules, subs, rosters, play dates, etc are not seamless and there is no bridge, they are separate islands. This proposed league is no different than another other league and DA as described.

"Selected youth players will be designated as Development Players for their club’s DA teams"

Pre designation is not permitted in DA, after Oct some clubs can add DP's but those can be any players that plays on any non-academy team within a club.

"This will enable a smooth transition for players to become DP’s with the DA and allow clubs to align the principles guiding the DA (US Soccer Federation) with this player pool inside each club"

Unless ussda changes the rules for DP's there is no difference or smooth transition, DP's are mainly replacement/alternate when a FT player is injured, sick, away, etc. A DP may play in a maximum of six (6) DA games during the Academy season.

The league is comprised strictly of DA clubs, and will sanctioned under US Youth Soccer/ Cal South. This dual sanctioning allows teams the freedom to play within CRL, US National League and National State Cup, should they choose to do so in addition to the DP League.
http://dpleague.org/about/

So they don't actually have sanctioning yet? Why would Cal South care about a 10 team league in the first place?

The b teams at other clubs should get together and create a league too. Why not at this point? Like Oprah would say- You get a league! You get a league! You get a league! A league for everybody!

Back