GIRLS DAII

Great marketing and clever use of semantics - it say DA without saying DA . . . . notice it is a developmental player league for the CLUBS who also have DA. It does not say it's the "US Soccer Developmental Player League." So it's an impressive name for the B teams at these clubs? And with stacked rosters on the true DA teams and limited substitutions how much playing time are these girls going to see with the DA? I'm sure many hopeful parents will love the idea that this is almost as good as being on a DA team.

Again Devils advocate- I don't think the league is "deceptive". I think those clubs have long held the belief that they were shut out and similar to what I said three months ago I knew they would all come together to do this.
This league will be strong much stronger than SCDSL flight one.
I don't see any language that is deceptive but it's early and I need coffee.
Everyone is acting by like parents are stupid and don't talk to one another. I know tons of DA2 parents that walked away from their clubs and said enough. I know at least ten who left a B team for an "ECNL TEAM" aka B team at 04 and chose not to do the DA2 at their club because they felt that 04 ECNL was a better platform.
One thing I am actually extremely impressed about at least at my age group is people are asking great questions and seeing if it's the right fit. No roster is set.

At the older ages these teams might be stronger than SCDSL flight one. But at the 04 level that has a pure DA team, this B team will be much weaker. When I heard about this last week I was not surprised but sad that Legends and Beach is now in the fold with the likes of these scum. Very frustrating watching my son explain to his friend that Albion Academy team is the C team -all just marketing for more money in the track suit wearing bozo brigade pockets.

DPLA2...Interesting but not a surprising collaboration to help drive talent and growth to those clubs. Where are the elite clubs like LAFC Slammers, Surf, Blues? Did I miss something or will they simply embrace ECNL as their DPLA?

So with this news, will all of the DAII haters come back and say they were wrong?

I couldn't care less whether this league will be better or worse than ECNL, Flight 1, CSL Premier. I am just happy that another item that was discussed during the DA tryouts has come to fruition.

DPLA2...Interesting but not a surprising collaboration to help drive talent and growth to those clubs. Where are the elite clubs like LAFC Slammers, Surf, Blues? Did I miss something or will they simply embrace ECNL as there DPLA?

Remember, Surf, Blues, Slammers and West Coast decided to stay tight with ECNL (for now or maybe forever?).

At the older ages these teams might be stronger than SCDSL flight one. But at the 04 level that has a pure DA team, this B team will be much weaker. When I heard about this last week I was not surprised but sad that Legends and Beach is now in the fold with the likes of these scum. Very frustrating watching my son explain to his friend that Albion Academy team is the C team -all just marketing for more money in the track suit wearing bozo brigade pockets.

I hear you. I think though if we can break this down 04 girls that this B team for LAGSD, BEACH will be stronger than a Sharks ECNL for sure. No question. I would venture to say Kale ECNL and Condliffe ECNL would have been much better off playing LAGSD, BEACH in addition to the 800 Slammers teams that no one knows who they are, and some other random teams.
It's a shame - an absolute shame- that they cannot figure this out.
In some ways I wish ECNL would go away because that's the only thing that's not allowing Blues, Surf, Slammers to do this. I think that if those three would have bailed like REAL SO CAL and played this league and then CRL all together that would have been AMAZING. Now they all have a less than perfect scenario. I know I know I know...
The EGSL schedule is a joke. I can't wait to see the ECNL schedule for FALL. Scary

Again Devils advocate- I don't think the league is "deceptive". I think those clubs have long held the belief that they were shut out and similar to what I said three months ago I knew they would all come together to do this.
This league will be strong much stronger than SCDSL flight one.
I don't see any language that is deceptive but it's early and I need coffee.
Everyone is acting by like parents are stupid and don't talk to one another. I know tons of DA2 parents that walked away from their clubs and said enough. I know at least ten who left a B team for an "ECNL TEAM" aka B team at 04 and chose not to do the DA2 at their club because they felt that 04 ECNL was a better platform.
One thing I am actually extremely impressed about at least at my age group is people are asking great questions and seeing if it's the right fit. No roster is set.

This is accurate from the goalnation article:

“This is an opportunity outside the DA for our ten clubs to work together creating quality competition and local showcase opportunities for our players. We don’t see this as an extension of anything, but rather as an opportunity for our second teams to have their own familiar pathway to reaching their club soccer goals,” says Mauricio Ingrassia, "

Some of the other things mentioned are questionable
"this new girls-only league will focus on creating a pathway for players to progress, develop and be identified by creating a seamless bridge between the DA and Academy II"

Separate leagues with separate registration systems, rules, subs, rosters, play dates, etc are not seamless and there is no bridge, they are separate islands. This proposed league is no different than another other league and DA as described.

"Selected youth players will be designated as Development Players for their club’s DA teams"

Pre designation is not permitted in DA, after Oct some clubs can add DP's but those can be any players that plays on any non-academy team within a club.

"This will enable a smooth transition for players to become DP’s with the DA and allow clubs to align the principles guiding the DA (US Soccer Federation) with this player pool inside each club"

Unless ussda changes the rules for DP's there is no difference or smooth transition, DP's are mainly replacement/alternate when a FT player is injured, sick, away, etc. A DP may play in a maximum of six (6) DA games during the Academy season.

The league is comprised strictly of DA clubs, and will sanctioned under US Youth Soccer/ Cal South. This dual sanctioning allows teams the freedom to play within CRL, US National League and National State Cup, should they choose to do so in addition to the DP League.
http://dpleague.org/about/

So they don't actually have sanctioning yet? Why would Cal South care about a 10 team league in the first place?

So with this news, will all of the DAII haters come back and say they were wrong?

I couldn't care less whether this league will be better or worse than ECNL, Flight 1, CSL Premier. I am just happy that another item that was discussed during the DA tryouts has come to fruition.

I know. I absolutely knew they would do this. Have known those coaches way too long to think they would acquiesce that easily. No way.
I hear everyone about the track suit brigade but it's no different than the ECNL KOOL AID brigade. You have B team coaches who play kickball - nothing elite about that.
I have no idea why people continually are unable to grasp the concept that those clubs had a lock on the market for TEN YEARS! Ten years we had no choices.
The rosters are hurting. Your "powerhouses" are clearly affected by parent choices, free market enterprise and geography. Amen to that!

I hear you. I think though if we can break this down 04 girls that this B team for LAGSD, BEACH will be stronger than a Sharks ECNL for sure. No question. I would venture to say Kale ECNL and Condliffe ECNL would have been much better off playing LAGSD, BEACH in addition to the 800 Slammers teams that no one knows who they are, and some other random teams.
In some ways I wish ECNL would go away because that's the only thing that's not allowing Blues, Surf, Slammers to do this. I think that if those three would have bailed like REAL SO CAL and played this league and then CRL all together that would have been AMAZING. Now they all have a less than perfect scenario. I know I know I know...
The EGSL schedule is a joke. I can't wait to see the ECNL schedule for FALL. Scary
I am not well versed on all the 04 teams and where exactly they will fall, but I do know that Surf and Blues do not need this sham to draw good players to their clubs. No need for them to sink to this level.

My head is starting to hurt, again.o_O

I am not well versed on all the 04 teams and where exactly they will fall, but I do know that Surf and Blues do not need this sham to draw good players to their clubs. No need for them to sink to this level.

Surf is great.
Blues 04 you missed the mark.

I know. I absolutely knew they would do this. Have known those coaches way too long to think they would acquiesce that easily. No way.
I hear everyone about the track suit brigade but it's no different than the ECNL KOOL AID brigade. You have B team coaches who play kickball - nothing elite about that.
I have no idea why people continually are unable to grasp the concept that those clubs had a lock on the market for TEN YEARS! Ten years we had no choices.
The rosters are hurting. Your "powerhouses" are clearly affected by parent choices, free market enterprise and geography. Amen to that!
Seems like just another SoCal league. Nothing wrong with that but let's not over exaggerate, no?

This is accurate from the goalnation article:

“This is an opportunity outside the DA for our ten clubs to work together creating quality competition and local showcase opportunities for our players. We don’t see this as an extension of anything, but rather as an opportunity for our second teams to have their own familiar pathway to reaching their club soccer goals,” says Mauricio Ingrassia, "

Some of the other things mentioned are questionable
"this new girls-only league will focus on creating a pathway for players to progress, develop and be identified by creating a seamless bridge between the DA and Academy II"

Separate leagues with separate registration systems, rules, subs, rosters, play dates, etc are not seamless and there is no bridge, they are separate islands. This proposed league is no different than another other league and DA as described.

"Selected youth players will be designated as Development Players for their club’s DA teams"

Pre designation is not permitted in DA, after Oct some clubs can add DP's but those can be any players that plays on any non-academy team within a club.

"This will enable a smooth transition for players to become DP’s with the DA and allow clubs to align the principles guiding the DA (US Soccer Federation) with this player pool inside each club"

Unless ussda changes the rules for DP's there is no difference or smooth transition, DP's are mainly replacement/alternate when a FT player is injured, sick, away, etc. A DP may play in a maximum of six (6) DA games during the Academy season.

The league is comprised strictly of DA clubs, and will sanctioned under US Youth Soccer/ Cal South. This dual sanctioning allows teams the freedom to play within CRL, US National League and National State Cup, should they choose to do so in addition to the DP League.
http://dpleague.org/about/

So they don't actually have sanctioning yet? Why would Cal South care about a 10 team league in the first place?
Perfect! Spot on !

Surf is great.
Blues 04 you missed the mark.
I meant that in general, Surf and Blues reputation is such that they do not need this sham to draw players to their clubs. Heard about the 04s drama but don't care as it does not affect me, but I do have the popcorn ready at all times. Reminds me of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory where everyone is fighting over Wonka Bars for a golden ticket.

So...let us see if I have this right.

- They are creating a league where these 10 teams compete against the others.
- These teams will also continue to play in the CA leagues..in AZ we call it the State League or APL.
- Toss in a showcase or 2
- In theory some girls will be "developmental" players and maybe get called up.

Am I missing anything?

Great marketing and clever use of semantics - it say DA without saying DA . . . . notice it is a developmental player league for the CLUBS who also have DA. It does not say it's the "US Soccer Developmental Player League." So it's an impressive name for the B teams at these clubs? And with stacked rosters on the true DA teams and limited substitutions how much playing time are these girls going to see with the DA? I'm sure many hopeful parents will love the idea that this is almost as good as being on a DA team.
Nicely presented.

Back