GIRLS DAII

Can I ask a relevant question actually regarding to DA2

WHY?

Why would you choose to play DA2? Is the coaching supposed to be better quality? Is it a "reserve" or "alternative" team that can be called up to the Academy team on moments notice?

Why choose DA2 at a club like LA Premier, Legends, Pats, when I could have my daughter play for a ECNL team at Slammers, Blues, or even Arsenal.

What has sold the parents who have joined the DA2 to leave their teams and join this program?

Its my curiosity to this thread, not the bickering between everyone else.
IMO, the college exposure higherarchy in SoCal.
1. Girls DA
2. ECNL
3. National League
4. others-try to get one of the top 2 teams/clubs above

IMO, the college exposure higherarchy in SoCal.
1. Girls DA
2. ECNL
3. National League
4. others-try to get one of the top 2 teams/clubs above
... 5. Great Grades, contact with coaches via email/phone, playing in showcases where the coaches will attend or their assistant(s)

WHY?

Why would you choose to play DA2? Is the coaching supposed to be better quality? Is it a "reserve" or "alternative" team that can be called up to the Academy team on moments notice?

Why choose DA2 at a club like LA Premier, Legends, Pats, when I could have my daughter play for a ECNL team at Slammers, Blues, or even Arsenal.

What has sold the parents who have joined the DA2 to leave their teams and join this program?

If your daughter can play ECNL at Slammers or Blues then she should be playing DA since none of their current ECNL players made DA.

I
The funny is these clowns have yet to refute any of my arguments. Especially you, all you've managed to do thus far is utilize the ratings box and retard the forum even more.

I have no interest in your arguments. I couldn't care less if you are right are wrong. I do, however, take interest in a supposed adult man insulting special needs children.

How about we all agree to treat him like the petulant toddler he acts like, and just ignore him?

I

I have no interest in your arguments. I couldn't care less if you are right are wrong. I do, however, take interest in a supposed adult man insulting special needs children.

How about we all agree to treat him like the petulant toddler he acts like, and just ignore him?
lol@your defeatist attitude.

why would anyone play DA 2????? It's like EGSL. There's a stigma to playing with the reserve, 2nd team. Will NEVER work.

Players want to play for the first team, plain and simple. They want the same opportunities!!!!!

I am not sure there is a stigma with the reserve team. For many moving up...at one point they make a stop on the reserve, prove themselves and move up within their club or another. You just don't start off your soccer career on the 1st team.

Are there many that never get off a reserve team? Yep.

Once again I come from the perspective of AZ. There are more options, etc in CA for sure.

In AZ we have 1 DA team and 1 ECNL team at this time. Those are the best options.

The 3rd best? Probably the DA2 team. Why?

- Well you play in the top league in AZ...still can play FWRL and above...and get to play some So Cal teams (assuming they get the DPL league worked out). It is attractive to get to play better So Cal competition vs simply playing AZ teams all the time.

So from an AZ standpoint for many DA2 does offer something attractive if you leave it at that.

Now I know del Sol is marketing their DA2 as a pathway to the DA...and that is BS. When it comes times to bring in players for the DA team...that club and any other DA club is going to look around at all the teams in the area and select who they think is the best. If by chance 1 or 2 happen to be on the DA2 team...great. The reality is...most will come from other teams.

Against Girls DA or at Blues and Slammers?

I guess both. I heard some real bad stories about DOCs/coaches and how they treat these young girls that want to play DA or are trying out with other teams - in front of other teammates. I understand it is a business but you don't go off on 14, 15, 16 year old girls WTF. Player X are not starting today because we heard you are thinking about other clubs... why join that other club they are bad (where in fact they teach their players soccer), etc. etc. Pathetic.

I guess both. I heard some real bad stories about DOCs/coaches and how they treat these young girls that want to play DA or are trying out with other teams - in front of other teammates. I understand it is a business but you don't go off on 14, 15, 16 year old girls WTF. Player X are not starting today because we heard you are thinking about other clubs... why join that other club they are bad (where in fact they teach their players soccer), etc. etc. Pathetic.
Agree. Terrible.

My DD is moving on to another club (tryouts in AZ start May 1). Her club this year has a tournament this weekend (the last one of the year). She was told she cannot attend...even though she does not start with her new club until June.

Petty on their part.

The funny thing is a lot of clubs talk about loyalty...and are unhappy when their kids tryout with another club. Yet during tryouts clubs are happy to bring in someone better. I have no issue with clubs bringing in players. They are trying to upgrade teams, etc. But don't at the same time get on a kids case because they are looking around as well.

why would anyone play DA 2????? It's like EGSL. There's a stigma to playing with the reserve, 2nd team. Will NEVER work.

Players want to play for the first team, plain and simple. They want the same opportunities!!!!!

Because they aren't good enough yet to play on the DA team?

These clubs were doing that sh*t before DA. One of my own players passed on an offer from the Blues to play for a specific coach at a lesser known club. Coach called and stated he was "shocked" at her decision and it was "a mistake" etc etc. She's doing just fine now...

So you know the mentality of every player in girl's soccer? One size fits all?

Please expand on your thesis of "they want the same opportunities". I am very curious.
Thanks

These clubs were doing that sh*t before DA. One of my own players passed on an offer from the Blues to play for a specific coach at a lesser known club. Coach called and stated he was "shocked" at her decision and it was "a mistake" etc etc. She's doing just fine now...
Funny, 3 years back my DD was offered a
I hear you, a lot of times these club coaches think it's all about them and their egos when in fact it's NOT.

Do DA2 teams coaches have to be a certain level License? If so I can see the attraction for better training (NOT that everyone with a A or B license is a "better" coach, but they have put the time/money/ and effort to achieve those license so a certain expectation is there).

It sounds like most DA programs will go after players they want regardless, so while yes it may be easier to go from DA2 to DA within the same club, are these the players they are looking for? OR should you play for a good non DA club and better your chances of being recruited by playing in high level leagues and tournaments?

I think the idea of "try outs" for DA clubs is sort of funny, when I hear about DAs have "try outs" its not for the DA team, if they wanted you there, you would of been recruited already.

It will be very interesting this year seeing how everything unfolds and if expectations are met. I'm very interested how clubs like LA Premier do, they seem to be flying under the radar, but they are putting a good "show" with their presentation of their DA program (check out their instagram).

WHY?

Because there are only three DA teams within a reasonable drive of anyone living in the Valley or Ventura County and no ECNL teams in the area. Locally ECNL is now an Orange County/San Diego league. So for those players that don't make DA or want to continue to play High School soccer the DA2 teams are a good option in this area. They should be stronger than the EGSL teams and should be able to beat any of the Premier or Flight 1 teams in the local area. ECNL blew it by writing off this market.

Because there are only three DA teams within a reasonable drive of anyone living in the Valley or Ventura County and no ECNL teams in the area. Locally ECNL is now an Orange County/San Diego league. So for those players that don't make DA or want to continue to play High School soccer the DA2 teams are a good option in this area. They should be stronger than the EGSL teams and should be able to beat any of the Premier or Flight 1 teams in the local area. ECNL blew it by writing off this market.

Maybe this is news or somethings changed that I'm not aware of, but doesn't Real Socal and Eagles have ECNL? Arnt they located in or near Ventura County/Valley?

Back