GIRLS DAII

Because there are only three DA teams within a reasonable drive of anyone living in the Valley or Ventura County and no ECNL teams in the area. Locally ECNL is now an Orange County/San Diego league. So for those players that don't make DA or want to continue to play High School soccer the DA2 teams are a good option in this area. They should be stronger than the EGSL teams and should be able to beat any of the Premier or Flight 1 teams in the local area. ECNL blew it by writing off this market.

Umm I mean this with all due respect. You have no idea what you are talking about. Eagles were an ECNL club and they are in Camarillo. Real So Cal was an ECNL club and they are in Oak Park. How again did ECNL blow it by not including a team from Ventura county? What ECNL blew was they made a successful platform for girls that caused US Soccer to want to get involved. Very little good happens from government involvement ESPECIALLY in sports!

Umm I mean this with all due respect. You have no idea what you are talking about. Eagles were an ECNL club and they are in Camarillo. Real So Cal was an ECNL club and they are in Oak Park. How again did ECNL blow it by not including a team from Ventura county? What ECNL blew was they made a successful platform for girls that caused US Soccer to want to get involved. Very little good happens from government involvement ESPECIALLY in sports!
At the end of the 2016-17 season, Real soCal and Eagles will no longer be a part of ECNL. I've heard multiple stories as to the reasons but do not know the truth as to why, but this turf war is ridiculous and the game will suffer for it.

Because there are only three DA teams within a reasonable drive of anyone living in the Valley or Ventura County and no ECNL teams in the area. Locally ECNL is now an Orange County/San Diego league. So for those players that don't make DA or want to continue to play High School soccer the DA2 teams are a good option in this area. They should be stronger than the EGSL teams and should be able to beat any of the Premier or Flight 1 teams in the local area. ECNL blew it by writing off this market.
If a player in Ventura County or the San Fernando Valley doesn't get on a RSC or Eagles DA team. The player can always DP for an ECNL team. It could ruffle some feathers at the club, but it's an option. IMO, better option than DA2

Did hell just freeze over and nobody told me?

SimiS, that is am interesting prediction but the evidence suggests otherwise. Their current B teams have not shown that they can defeat their peers in Tier 1 much less CSL Premier level or Tier 1 Champions level teams. The only way it will work is if they can increase their share of good players. Maybe they will succeed. But I suspect the DA2 B teams will have the same players that they have now and that the previous results will continue. From what I have witnessed over the years, players who don't make Eagles ECNL leave for RSC and vice versa. Now kids will bounce between Eagles, RSC and now LAPFC if they can do the commute.

Human nature is funny...Type A soccer parents will want their soccer prodigy to be on the A team (GDA) if they can do the drive. And Now they have 3 clubs to choose from instead of 2.

You need to get caught up on what's going on up here if you care to know more. Starting this upcoming season the nearest ECNL team will be in Orange County. There will no longer be any ECNL team in LA or Ventura County. So playing full time for an ECNL team if you don't make a DA team is not a realistic option. I know of more than one club up here that was turned down for ECNL for this upcoming season. There were rumors of Slammers trying to have an ECNL team up here but right now that is just rumors. Girls that don't make DA especially 02's since the DA 01/02 teams are heavy on 01's need an option. That is where the DP league is filling a void. I agree that if your in the OC and you don't make the DA (which may or may not be a better option than ECNL) the best option by far is ECNL. I wish we had that option. I wish there was still only ECNL. But we have to work with what we have. We seriously need to have ECNL come back into the LA/Ventura market.

@MakeAPlay start at the nine minute mark. You called this ..

She is a good kid put in a tough position by the adults at US Soccer. Their coach stating that the Europeans have an advantage when a lot of their national team players come over here for college is pretty laughable. He is in a tough position and just finished getting put through the ringer by Sunil and the crew. I like how he tempered the expectations for her. It will be interesting to see what happens. I personally wouldn't want my kid in that position because if she doesn't light it up there could be team moral problems since she makes more money now than the rest of the roster and the coach combined!

She is a good kid put in a tough position by the adults at US Soccer. Their coach stating that the Europeans have an advantage when a lot of their national team players come over here for college is pretty laughable. He is in a tough position and just finished getting put through the ringer by Sunil and the crew. I like how he tempered the expectations for her. It will be interesting to see what happens. I personally wouldn't want my kid in that position because if she doesn't light it up there could be team moral problems since she makes more money now than the rest of the roster and the coach combined!
Relax...

lol doubt you have to ever worry about any of this.

SimiS, that is am interesting prediction but the evidence suggests otherwise. Their current B teams have not shown that they can defeat their peers in Tier 1 much less CSL Premier level or Tier 1 Champions level teams. The only way it will work is if they can increase their share of good players. Maybe they will succeed. But I suspect the DA2 B teams will have the same players that they have now and that the previous results will continue. From what I have witnessed over the years, players who don't make Eagles ECNL leave for RSC and vice versa. Now kids will bounce between Eagles, RSC and now LAPFC if they can do the commute.

Human nature is funny...Type A soccer parents will want their soccer prodigy to be on the A team (GDA) if they can do the drive. And Now they have 3 clubs to choose from instead of 2.

I agree that if what you described was happening it would work out that way. But it isn't as far as I know. Many players are shifting clubs up here. Very successful teams are falling apart. Both Eagles and Real have new coaches assigned to their DP teams at least for 01's and both are great coaches. And these coaches are attracting players including ECNL players that want to still play High School. At both clubs most of the 02 ECNL teams are turning into the 02 DP teams. I don't think you will see many of the EGSL players making the DP teams. Instead they will stay in CSL or Tier 1. Also I think you will see that the addition of the LAPFC DA and DP teams will lower the quality of the other teams in the San Gabriel Valley as both those teams acquire players from that area.

You need to get caught up on what's going on up here if you care to know more. Starting this upcoming season the nearest ECNL team will be in Orange County. There will no longer be any ECNL team in LA or Ventura County. So playing full time for an ECNL team if you don't make a DA team is not a realistic option. I know of more than one club up here that was turned down for ECNL for this upcoming season. There were rumors of Slammers trying to have an ECNL team up here but right now that is just rumors. Girls that don't make DA especially 02's since the DA 01/02 teams are heavy on 01's need an option. That is where the DP league is filling a void. I agree that if your in the OC and you don't make the DA (which may or may not be a better option than ECNL) the best option by far is ECNL. I wish we had that option. I wish there was still only ECNL. But we have to work with what we have. We seriously need to have ECNL come back into the LA/Ventura market.

You can always DP for an ECNL team, if a player can't get on a Girls DA team in your area. If there is a will there is a way.

With all due respect please reread my post before replying because if you noticed I used the past tense when referencing Eagles and RSC. I am well aware of the situation is SoCal women's soccer. The DP League or whatever is just a way to capture paying customers. All of this GDA talk is speculation at this point. I seem to remember that several enthusiastic parents were stating that GDA was going to be free. We come to find out that free doesn't include any of the associated charges that come with playing on a high level TRAVELLING team. This is girls soccer. At the end of the day I would be more worried about my player's grades than where the second team players are going to play. The top players will rise to the top. Everyone else gets in where they fit in. It has always been that way and even with a shiny new toy that isn't going to change.

Play good soccer, get good grades, dream big, get help from your support system to get to the finish line. Good luck to you and your player.

You can always DP for an ECNL team, if a player can't get on a Girls DA team in your area. If there is a will there is a way.

Agree but in order to DP you need to be playing on a very good team
With all due respect please reread my post before replying because if you noticed I used the past tense when referencing Eagles and RSC. I am well aware of the situation is SoCal women's soccer. The DP League or whatever is just a way to capture paying customers. All of this GDA talk is speculation at this point. I seem to remember that several enthusiastic parents were stating that GDA was going to be free. We come to find out that free doesn't include any of the associated charges that come with playing on a high level TRAVELLING team. This is girls soccer. At the end of the day I would be more worried about my player's grades than where the second team players are going to play. The top players will rise to the top. Everyone else gets in where they fit in. It has always been that way and even with a shiny new toy that isn't going to change.

Play good soccer, get good grades, dream big, get help from your support system to get to the finish line. Good luck to you and your player.

Well be happy you live were there is a lot of choice. Do I believe DP is a path to DA? No! But it still may end up being the next best option due to the limited choice we have.

Back