Pateadores - LA B2003 vs San Diego Soccer Club B2003 Academy Navy
Pateadores 2003 Reserve Academy vs CDA Slammers FC - Cerritos B03 Vargas

Sunday, September 24 2017
LA Galaxy U-15 vs San Jose Earthquakes U-15

SANTA BARBARA PREMIER vs LA UNITED PRE-ACADEMY DA

WHAT'S THE REPORT AFTER THE WEEKEND?

Sat, September 23, 2017
GAME# Time Home Away Location
5752 9:55 am Arsenal FC B03 Academy 2 1-3 Strikers FC - North B03 BN Silverlakes Soccer Complex #03 (turf)
5757 10:00 am Strikers FC - Irvine 2003 Collins* 5-1 Pateadores MV B03 Black Irvine Valley College #3
5747 10:45 am Pateadores - LA B2003 1-2 San Diego Soccer Club B2003 Academy Navy Silverlakes Soccer Complex #02 (turf)
reasonYELLOW.gif
11:40 am Pateadores 2003 Reserve Academy 2-2 CDA Slammers FC - Cerritos B03 Vargas Orange County Great Park #7
reasonRED.gif
12:45 pm Strikers FC - South Coast B03 2-3 LA Galaxy South Bay Boys 2003 Elite Ocean View High School Stadium
5748 1:15 pm Strikers FC - Irvine 2003 Smith 2-2 FCLA 03 Black Mark Daily Athletic Field A
5751 1:35 pm Arsenal FC B03FC 1-2 Real So Cal B03 White Silverlakes Soccer Complex #03 (turf)
reasonYELLOW.gif
2:00 pm Temecula Valley Hawks SC B2003 Academy 4-1 Strikers FC - South Bay B2003 Black Patricia H. Birdsall Park Field #2
5745 2:45 pm LA Galaxy San Diego B03 /Ritchie 2-2 CDA Slammers FC - HB B03 Reserve Pine Avenue Community Park #1 (turf)
5755 3:00 pm Pateadores - Irvine B2003* 5-1 Arsenal FC - South B03 Academy II Mark Daily Athletic Field A
5756 4:05 pm San Diego Surf NPL 2003 5-4 LA Galaxy Orange County B03 Premier Davin* Surf Cup Sports Park #6
reasonYELLOW.gif
4:55 pm Pateadores - LA SCV B2003 1-1 CDA Slammers FC - HB B03 C. Godinez

(Big Big Showdown The Top Two Teams Meet)

It's only week 4 but there is already a huge clash in the southwest (03) U15 academy as the top two teams in the standings meet in Carson with the second-place Golden State (4-0-0; 12 points) traveling to meet the first-place LA Galaxy Academy (5-0-0; 15 points) on Saturday. The match will pair two young talented teams boasting a group of dangerous attackers and brimming with young, hungry talent aiming to make a mark on the season. The LA Galaxy continued its perfect season last weekend with its fifth consecutive win, the best start in the southwest Academy U15. Golden State are coming off a impressive 2-0 victory against Silicon Valley Soccer Academy at home. Golden state will look to carry that momentum into the matchup on Saturday at StubHub Center. Game Time 12:30 pm StubHub Center Field # 4.

Only three games in the southwest academy division in action this weekend and week 4 is shaping up to be interesting and entertaining. On the "must-watch” list is a top-of-the-tables clash for first place in the standings as the LA Galaxy host Golden State FC on Saturday in Carson. Will LA Galaxy Academy make it six wins in a row to start the season? Or will Golden State, leading goal scorers led by Marvin Gamez, and Juan Bonola. hand the home side its first loss of the year? The La Galaxy continued its perfect season last weekend with its fifth consecutive win, the best start in the southwest division with all 15 points, Galaxy leading goal scorers led by Edward Castro, Felix Barajas and Johnny Martinez, and the Galaxy welcome the other unbeaten team this season. The Golden State Academy FC, which has Four wins and allowed fewest goal (0) and good for second with 12 points. The Galaxy lead the league in goals scored (21) and fewest goals allowed (1), the matchup and that competitive atmosphere should be bolstered by an energetic crowd on Saturday.

(Other good matchups San Diego vs Nomads)

Nomads two game into the season have to be concerned about a step in the right direction after a tough 2-1 loss to the La Galaxy to open the season. and following up a next hard-fought 2-2 draw against Crossfire Premier. After leading a big 2 zip early in the game. Nomads will look to build on that momentum for their first Big W of the season. San Diego currently sits in fourth Place in the standings with seven points, but could see a bump up above mid-table if they are able to notch a win this weekend.

(Los Angeles United Futbol Academy vs Pateadores Academy)

LAUFA Academy is coming a nice 1-1 Draw against the third place Albion last Sunday and will look to build on that momentum. Pateadores are still looking for their first point of the season after a 4-2 loss to Portland Timbers.

Only three games in the southwest academy division in action this weekend and week 4 is shaping up to be interesting and entertaining. On the "must-watch” list is a top-of-the-tables clash for first place in the standings as the LA Galaxy host Golden State FC on Saturday in Carson. Will LA Galaxy Academy make it six wins in a row to start the season? Or will Golden State, leading goal scorers led by Marvin Gamez, and Juan Bonola. hand the home side its first loss of the year? The La Galaxy continued its perfect season last weekend with its fifth consecutive win, the best start in the southwest division with all 15 points, Galaxy leading goal scorers led by Edward Castro, Felix Barajas and Johnny Martinez, and the Galaxy welcome the other unbeaten team this season. The Golden State Academy FC, which has Four wins and allowed fewest goal (0) and good for second with 12 points. The Galaxy lead the league in goals scored (21) and fewest goals allowed (1), the matchup and that competitive atmosphere should be bolstered by an energetic crowd on Saturday.

(Other good matchups San Diego vs Nomads)

Nomads two game into the season have to be concerned about a step in the right direction after a tough 2-1 loss to the La Galaxy to open the season. and following up a next hard-fought 2-2 draw against Crossfire Premier. After leading a big 2 zip early in the game. Nomads will look to build on that momentum for their first Big W of the season. San Diego currently sits in fourth Place in the standings with seven points, but could see a bump up above mid-table if they are able to notch a win this weekend.

(Los Angeles United Futbol Academy vs Pateadores Academy)

LAUFA Academy is coming a nice 1-1 Draw against the third place Albion last Sunday and will look to build on that momentum. Pateadores are still looking for their first point of the season after a 4-2 loss to Portland Timbers.

Agee! The LAG vs GSA game is going to be something else, a lot of these kids meet Monday at the US training center, you can tell the GSA offense is going to have a hard time against the Galaxy’s extraordinary center defender on the other side GSA goalie is very solid let’s see if Galaxy can score any goals.

If anyone is interested in following the game here’s a Facebook link that broadcast most of GSA games.

https://www.facebook.com/FCGSA03/

LAG v GSA normally a low-scoring affair with draws typically but will this one be any different?

LAG has more scores & offense let's face it compared to GSA who rely on # 44 & 65 heavily. This might be the key to the game. Some teams have attempted to man mark closely those 2 GSA players w/ limited success ball denying. Who's going to step up? Should be a good game.

Saturday, September 30 2017
LA Galaxy U-15 vs FC Golden State U-15

FRAM BRITTON vs CELTIC ACADEMY
COLTON AMERICA SC ACADEMY vs OXNARD UNITED SC

New info on DSL playoff; ALL TEAMS WILL NOT QUALIFY THIS YEAR. We almost all teams will but they bottom 4-5 in each flight
http://www.scdslsoccer.com/showcase-information-and-playoff-information

CDA Slammers FC - Cerritos B03 Vargas vs Strikers FC - Irvine 2003 Smith

Sun, October 1, 2017
Pateadores 2003 Reserve Academy vs San Diego Soccer Club B2003 Academy Navy

LAG 4-0 GS

Not a pretty game, mostly keeper punts, balls flying around, 2nd half was a card fest, fouls a plenty, time wasting, stoppages, no flow to the game, finally degraded to the point where injuries, frustration, tempers took over and the game was called with players laying on the field. Referee seem to have enough, tough day at the office...

LAG 4-0 GS

Not a pretty game, mostly keeper punts, balls flying around, 2nd half was a card fest, fouls a plenty, time wasting, stoppages, no flow to the game, finally degraded to the point where injuries, frustration, tempers took over and the game was called with players laying on the field. Referee seem to have enough, tough day at the office...

Was it a 4-0 game? I thought Galaxy was going to win the game but 4-0 are too many goals difference.

Was it a 4-0 game? I thought Galaxy was going to win the game but 4-0 are too many goals difference.

1st half was closer, LAG showed more composure, converted 1st half PK. GSA #'s 44 & 65 both clamped down, good game plan by LAG they took full advantage 2nd half wore out the tiring defense. They had GSA scrambling, frustrated, and searching in the end.

funny how delusional GS thinks they are part of the elite top two. reality is it's LAG and then everyone else. the high horse is created by the over zealous parents complaining about every call and every move when it doesn't go their way. all I hear is 'come on ref.' the truth is GS plays a very aggressive game that can only take them as far as youth soccer. there I said it. all of the training from a 'has been' at best trainer saying 'no days off, my kid is great' is not going to get them any further. all it's doing is creating a 'what about me' attitude.

GS is no better. they take kids and promise them the moon but then don't play them. they take them away from a place of development just so they can no longer compete against them. very sad to know that our hometown professional team, the LA galaxy, will allow this treatment of our youth. why? because you want to prove something? what you are proving is that our youth soccer system $uck$.

have fun parents. keep yelling at your kids until you realize they are 18 with no real future because all you've done to help them is tell them to keep playing and 'come on, let's go.'

funny how delusional GS thinks they are part of the elite top two. reality is it's LAG and then everyone else. the high horse is created by the over zealous parents complaining about every call and every move when it doesn't go their way. all I hear is 'come on ref.' the truth is GS plays a very aggressive game that can only take them as far as youth soccer. there I said it. all of the training from a 'has been' at best trainer saying 'no days off, my kid is great' is not going to get them any further. all it's doing is creating a 'what about me' attitude.

GS is no better. they take kids and promise them the moon but then don't play them. they take them away from a place of development just so they can no longer compete against them. very sad to know that our hometown professional team, the LA galaxy, will allow this treatment of our youth. why? because you want to prove something? what you are proving is that our youth soccer system $uck$.

have fun parents. keep yelling at your kids until you realize they are 18 with no real future because all you've done to help them is tell them to keep playing and 'come on, let's go.'

Wow! I’m amazed with your comment. About the game, what can you tell us? Who dominated? Who was better with the ball?

Wow! I’m amazed with your comment. About the game, what can you tell us? Who dominated? Who was better with the ball?
Galaxy were noticeably better on the day, especially in the 2nd half. 4-0 was a fair result. It was very testy at times. Didn’t count the yellow cards, but there were a lot. Could’ve been a couple of reds in there too, but the ref kept it in his pocket.

The 2003 age group will be dominated by LAG. They are the only pro academy and it is where the vast majority of talent has landed. There will always be top quality players scattered here and there at club based academies, but none of those teams will come close to the depth of the LAG 2003s, and they just get deeper every year through recruiting. It’s not bluster, just fact. I’ve watched those boys play a lot. Its gonna be really hard for other SoCal teams to compete.

Now, the 2004s and younger are a different story. Two pro academies, and younger players/families who will stay loyal to their clubs a bit longer, means a more spread out talent pool. A better situation for all.

Galaxy were noticeably better on the day, especially in the 2nd half. 4-0 was a fair result. It was very testy at times. Didn’t count the yellow cards, but there were a lot. Could’ve been a couple of reds in there too, but the ref kept it in his pocket.

The 2003 age group will be dominated by LAG. They are the only pro academy and it is where the vast majority of talent has landed. There will always be top quality players scattered here and there at club based academies, but none of those teams will come close to the depth of the LAG 2003s, and they just get deeper every year through recruiting. It’s not bluster, just fact. I’ve watched those boys play a lot. Its gonna be really hard for other SoCal teams to compete.

Now, the 2004s and younger are a different story. Two pro academies, and younger players/families who will stay loyal to their clubs a bit longer, means a more spread out talent pool. A better situation for all.

Some good players the Galaxy has collected but things are changing and LAFC is going to ramping up in 18 so players will be moving and switching, no more Monopoly. As the younger ages show when the playing field is more level better for everyone.

For this season still early and the other teams will be getting better, should be interesting to see which teams really improve. Winning is fun but the style you play is important also: persistent fouling and picking up 6x or more cards in a game, hoofing the ball forward, several keeper punts indicate the Galaxy has some cleaning up to do, let's see if the can play a cleaner more technical game when they face top comp, relying on Athletics and physical play only gets you so far.

Some good players the Galaxy has collected but things are changing and LAFC is going to ramping up in 18 so players will be moving and switching, no more Monopoly. As the younger ages show when the playing field is more level better for everyone.

For this season still early and the other teams will be getting better, should be interesting to see which teams really improve. Winning is fun but the style you play is important also: persistent fouling and picking up 6x or more cards in a game, hoofing the ball forward, several keeper punts indicate the Galaxy has some cleaning up to do, let's see if the can play a cleaner more technical game when they face top comp, relying on Athletics and physical play only gets you so far.

I saw the game differently. GS was very good in the first half, but got overrun in the second. GS held their own and looked better in stretches, but LAG showed up in the second half and they owned a lot of the ball. LAG struggled early in the first and can thank their GK for keeping GS off of the score sheet. It wasn’t a lot of bootball from either side for much of the game. Some at times as a reaction to spurts of pressure, but overall both played what I thought was a good brand of possession soccer.

Plenty of nastiness from both sides. Not really dirty minus a couple of tackles, but really physical throughout. Saw a couple of plays that should’ve been red, one for each side. Guess that testosterone is kicking in bigtime this year. None of the 2004s I’ve seen play have that level of nastiness in them...yet.

Hope you’re right about LAFC expanding in 2018. That was the word I heard months ago, but hearing otherwise recently. Heard they may just let their 2004s age up. Mahrez? Input here?

I saw the game differently. GS was very good in the first half, but got overrun in the second. GS held their own and looked better in stretches, but LAG showed up in the second half and they owned a lot of the ball. LAG struggled early in the first and can thank their GK for keeping GS off of the score sheet. It wasn’t a lot of bootball from either side for much of the game. Some at times as a reaction to spurts of pressure, but overall both played what I thought was a good brand of possession soccer.

Plenty of nastiness from both sides. Not really dirty minus a couple of tackles, but really physical throughout. Saw a couple of plays that should’ve been red, one for each side. Guess that testosterone is kicking in bigtime this year. None of the 2004s I’ve seen play have that level of nastiness in them...yet.

Hope you’re right about LAFC expanding in 2018. That was the word I heard months ago, but hearing otherwise recently. Heard they may just let their 2004s age up. Mahrez? Input here?

If LAFC is expanding next season it’s going to put lots of pressure to the LAG Academy. I’m still wondering how many of the 03’s aren’t going to have a spot next season since they are merging with the 02’s.

If LAFC is expanding next season it’s going to put lots of pressure to the LAG Academy. I’m still wondering how many of the 03’s aren’t going to have a spot next season since they are merging with the 02’s.

LAFC is going for calendar year only teams according to the director I spoke with recently not interested in composite or combined age groups U16/U17. If U15 is the lastest year of calendar groups for 18-19' that will be their oldest group. If DA goes to U16 single age group they plan on having a new team of 03's for 18-19.

2nd half of GSA vs LAG. Doesn't look like procession soccer to me but what does everyone else think?

LAFC is going for calendar year only teams according to the director I spoke with recently not interested in composite or combined age groups U16/U17. If U15 is the lastest year of calendar groups for 18-19' that will be their oldest group. If DA goes to U16 single age group they plan on having a new team of 03's for 18-19.

2nd half of GSA vs LAG. Doesn't look like procession soccer to me but what does everyone else think?

That's some cringy parent commentary going on there. Sheesh.

The thing that concerns me. Is that at these 2 high level DA teams, you see a fair amount of offensive skills, dribbling take on's, quick turns. Not seeing a lot of defensive techniques to hold players up, kids only using dominant foot for tackling.

Back