Games of the week 17-18....

Fall season just about over for most, last weekend of play for CSL & DSL

CSL League Cup, more things change the more the stay the same, Nat Cup Rematch:

SU NOV 19
OXNARD UNITED SC vs TOTAL FUTBOL ACADEMY PR
http://www.coastsoccer.com/2017/LC14B.HTM

The Qtr's went to PK for Oxnard but they came up big 5-4 and moved on I heard. Will there be more drama and another PK game?

DSl Playoffs the final 4 Sat, November 18, 2017

Laguna United FC B03 Blue vs San Diego Soccer Club B2003 Academy Navy
Pateadores 2003 Reserve Academy vs CDA Slammers FC - Cerritos B03 Vargas

http://www.scdslsoccer.com/_element...017Playoffs/90452600.html?dummy=1510937168522

Any predictions on these?

DA also about done for the Fall part:

Los Angeles United Futbol Academy U-15 vs Crossfire Premier U-15
Albion SC U-15 vs Crossfire Premier U-15

#2 team from the Northwest comes to town for a couple of match's.

Fall season just about over for most, last weekend of play for CSL & DSL

CSL League Cup, more things change the more the stay the same, Nat Cup Rematch:

SU NOV 19
OXNARD UNITED SC vs TOTAL FUTBOL ACADEMY PR
http://www.coastsoccer.com/2017/LC14B.HTM

The Qtr's went to PK for Oxnard but they came up big 5-4 and moved on I heard. Will there be more drama and another PK game?

DSl Playoffs the final 4 Sat, November 18, 2017

Laguna United FC B03 Blue vs San Diego Soccer Club B2003 Academy Navy
Pateadores 2003 Reserve Academy vs CDA Slammers FC - Cerritos B03 Vargas

http://www.scdslsoccer.com/_element_display/#/73496/schedules/2017Playoffs/90452600.html?dummy=1510937168522

Any predictions on these?

DA also about done for the Fall part:

Los Angeles United Futbol Academy U-15 vs Crossfire Premier U-15
Albion SC U-15 vs Crossfire Premier U-15

#2 team from the Northwest comes to town for a couple of match's.
Picks- Oxnard, SDSC,LAUFA, Albion

Boys TeamRank Top 25: U13, U14, and U15
Article Written by TopDrawerSoccer
Published: November 17, 2017
Comments

The TeamRank Top 25, the comprehensive ranking system for elite club soccer teams nationwide, continues updates for the 2017/2018 season with the U15, U14, and U13 boys club soccer teams. We will update our National Top 25 for each age group at least once per month.

U15 Boys Club Soccer TeamRank Top 25

FC Dallas is the top team in the U15 age group for the November update. The squad from Texas leads the MLS-dominant top of the rankings with LA Galaxy and New York Red Bulls rounding out the top three.

Check out the Boys TeamRank Top 25 for the U15 age group.

U14 Boys Club Soccer TeamRank Top 25

Sockers’ 13-0 start to the season leaves the Illinois squad at the top of the rankings for another month. Sockers have been dominant through the first few months of the Development Academy season and don’t look like they are slowing down anytime soon.

New York Red Bulls, Los Angeles Football Club, and LA Galaxy are all teams to watch as well in this age group.

Check out the Boys TeamRank Top 25 for the U14 age group.

U13 Boys Club Soccer TeamRank Top 25

LAFC takes over the top spot in the U13 age group for the November update. LAFC is 11-0 in Development Academy play, and looked like the best team at the West Region Development Academy showcase. New York Red Bulls jump into the No. 2 spot while Atlanta United moves to the No. 3 slot.

Check out the Boys TeamRank Top 25 for the U13 age group.

TeamRank is the comprehensive team-ranking system devised by TopDrawerSoccer.com to provide an objective and common-sense approach to determining which elite youth soccer teams are the best in the nation.

The rankings, updated monthly, are primarily results-based, with a nod toward the league and championship competitions that emulate how excellence is determined in leading soccer nations around the world.

Tournaments are also included but at a reduced value due to the many mitigating factors involving such events, including attrition and guest players.

A final layer of executive evaluation is provided to account for variables that often impact results, thus ensuring that the monthly lists are not subjective, but are not purely mechanical.

TopDrawer top ten national rank team.

FC Dallas - FC Dallas

Frisco, TX

LA Galaxy - LA Galaxy

Carson, CA

New York Red Bulls - New York Red Bulls USSDA

Harrison, NJ

Philadelphia Union - 2003

Seattle Sounders - Seattle Sounders 03 USSDA

Seattle, WA

Crew SC Academy - Crew SC USSDA

Columbus, OH

BW Gottschee - 2003

Rego Park, NY

FC Golden State - FC Golden State USSDA

Pasadena, CA

DC United - DC United

Washington, DC

Crossfire Premier SC - Crossfire Premier

Kirkland, WA

Don't have subscription so can somebody post the text?

My player is in boys ECNL now and the YNT didn't invite any of those players and I'm sure they should have.

When 8 or so players are selected from a single team you have to wonder about the politics and thoroughness of the scouting. Leaving 100+ others teams just in DA without representation is really a shame because I'm sure there should have been a more balanced representation of players across teams.

The rankings are fun and all but youth soccer rankings are comedy. With 150k+ youth teams the only stats used are games won and goals scored to rank against.
There is at least another dozen factors like tatics, focus on winning over development, injuries, rosters, weather, etc but the usa only focuses on the outcomes of youth soccer games where other countries don't have youth soccer rankings like Argentina where they focus more on player development.

Youth soccer rankings might serve a purpose for tournament placement but they also cause some to focus on winning more than development. Focusing on winning and who is better, who beat who or won what can cause us to lose focus on developing. Playing style change to win,. Not to pick on that crossfire team because many other do the same but when we played them at surf that had one objective:. Get the ball down field by any means possible: kick and run forget about building up, connecting multiple passes, or developing all the players, the forward players had the majority of the touches & the ball feed to them all game while others in the midfield not so much.

I guess the rankings are necessary in some way but they don't mean much IMO and yes my player has been on several high to top "ranked" teams.

My player is in boys ECNL now and the YNT didn't invite any of those players and I'm sure they should have.

When 8 or so players are selected from a single team you have to wonder about the politics and thoroughness of the scouting. Leaving 100+ others teams just in DA without representation is really a shame because I'm sure there should have been a more balanced representation of players across teams.

The rankings are fun and all but youth soccer rankings are comedy. With 150k+ youth teams the only stats used are games won and goals scored to rank against.
There is at least another dozen factors like tatics, focus on winning over development, injuries, rosters, weather, etc but the usa only focuses on the outcomes of youth soccer games where other countries don't have youth soccer rankings like Argentina where they focus more on player development.

Youth soccer rankings might serve a purpose for tournament placement but they also cause some to focus on winning more than development. Focusing on winning and who is better, who beat who or won what can cause us to lose focus on developing. Playing

Youth soccer rankings might serve a purpose for tournament placement but they also cause some to focus on winning more than development. Focusing on winning and who is better, who beat who or won what can cause us to lose focus on developing. Playing style change to win,. Not to pick on that crossfire team because many other do the same but when we played them at surf that had one objective:. Get the ball down field by any means possible: kick and run forget about building up, connecting multiple passes, or developing all the players, the forward players had the majority of the touches & the ball feed to them all game while others in the midfield not so much.

I guess the rankings are necessary in some way but they don't mean much IMO and yes my player has been on several high to top "ranked" teams.

there's nothing wrong with 8 kids from the same team going to a camp because they've earn that opportunity. I do think they should have camps by conference and give more kids the opportunity to show their skills.

Having now seen a couple of years of selections for Training Center camps and YNT call-ups, it is seldom the selections that are head-scratchers, but rather the omissions. The 8x players selected from LAG are all top quality players in the age group and are all in good form. That said, I completely agree that there are shortfalls in ID with a large number of players getting overlooked. The camps should be much bigger, regional, or both. However, with limited resources for scouting and limited camps, focusing on talent-rich areas makes sense. I’m not excusing USSFs approach here, but rather pointing out the shortfalls in scouting and identification. The system is broken. The failure to qualify for the WC will hopefully compel USSF to rethink their approach on this, among several other areas in desperate need of improvement.

From my understanding ECNL is a very weak league. There is no comparison to DA and would sit at Silver Elite in Coast Soccer League.

there's nothing wrong with 8 kids from the same team going to a camp because they've earn that opportunity. I do think they should have camps by conference and give more kids the opportunity to show their skills.

Actually- Eduardo Villeda from CDA Slammers HB made the squad of 24 but was injured prior to the camp. I know CDA HB had 4-5 players at the UNT camp. The are all playing ECNL

Regarding the ECNL competition- 3-4 teams premier level top teams- the rest are not at an elite level and a couple are just bad.

Actually- Eduardo Villeda from CDA Slammers HB made the squad of 24 but was injured prior to the camp. I know CDA HB had 4-5 players at the UNT camp. The are all playing ECNL

Regarding the ECNL competition- 3-4 teams premier level top teams- the rest are not at an elite level and a couple are just bad.

Referring to:
FINAL U-14 BNT TRAINING CAMP ROSTER FOR 2017

https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2017/11/12/15/03/20171112-news-u14bnt-peay-names-48-player-roster-for-final-2017-training-camp

"Out of the 48 players on the roster, 46 have played at least one season in the U.S. Soccer Development Academy and all players were born in 2003"

There are no Cal South, Boys ECNL, Usclub or USYS players listed or invited and only about 14 of the 100+ DA clubs are represented. This is a huge problem when the BNT teams are so narrowly focused on a small group of players from MLS afflicated "academies" basically.

What are U.S. Soccer scouts looking for when it comes to player identification?

According to this TD article this 2003 group was on the weaker side compared to other years, & the strength of the group is attacking wing players with Dantouma "Yaya" Toure a 2004 being the top prospect.

Video Roundup of camp last week 2003's:

https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/state-of-the-game-player-id_vid4424?

4 players from CDA went to the ID camp at Stubhub a bit back. Villeda was invited to the 2003 camp in Chula Vista but was injured and did not attend

I’m not a fan of Galaxy but they do a pretty good job scouting the top SoCal talent and picking it off. 8 kids is not unreasonable for Galaxy. I also wouldn’t worry about the selection. There are a bunch of players way better than the kids selected who, for some reason, were not selected. There are a bunch of players selected who, when you see them and their parents, obviously have a limited genetic ceiling, and for the life of me I have no idea why they devoted so much wasted time to the dream when they would need Maradona level skill (how likely is that?) to make up for their lack of speed and size.

Also, if you are just one of the group of top players, it doesn’t mean much. You have to be easily dominating top players in your age group to have legitimate pro dreams

Don't have subscription so can somebody post the text?I guess the rankings are necessary in some way but they don't mean much IMO and yes my player has been on several high to top "ranked" teams.

CHULA VISTA, Calif. - The U.S. U14 Boys National Team took on Club Tijuana youth teams and Albion on Friday in three Scrimmages at the Olympic Training Center. The games came at the end of a weeklong camp in Southern California for the youngest youth national team.

Alex Monis, FC United - Monis scored the opening goal in the first game on Friday. He had a strike from outside the box early in the contest that rattled off the crossbar. He was on point with his next shot as he placed past the Xolos keeper. He played on the right wing and looked to be the most dangerous option in the final third for the U.S.

Daniel Leyva, Seattle Sounders - Leyva is a soccer player. He reads the game well. He makes intelligent passes, and he makes the players around him better. He only played in the first half in the first game against Xolos, but he stood out from his brief appearance in the game.

Andres Cardenas, Weston FC - Cardenas was the option in the build-up for the U.S. He was playing on the left wing and seemed to be getting a lot of touches throughout the game. He was good on the ball, and allowed the left back to join in the attack. Cardenas finished his day with the third goal in a 3-0 win.

Ulysses Martinez, Portland Timbers - Martinez, the left back, was a standout on Friday. He did well defensively against Xolos, and added to the attack with precise passing and control under pressure. Martinez is already playing with the Timbers U17 squad and that experience was obvious in the game against Xolos.

Caden Clark, Barca Academy - Clark came on at halftime of the first game and scored the second goal for the U.S. He made a great run through the porous Xolos center and took his chance well. He had some good moments in keeping possession for his group.

Dante Huckaby, Philadelphia Union - Huckaby looks like he is in the middle of a growth spurt and still figuring out how to adjust to his new height, but it’s clear he had the right ideas and saw the game with some intelligence. He could be one to watch for the future as he matures.

Niklas Dossman, De Anza Force - Dossman was the best center back on the day. He was excellent on the ball and did well in his positioning. The competition in the first game against Xolos was not that competitive, as the Tijuana side struggled to break pressure. Dossman looked good in that setting, but it would’ve been good to see him against the older Xolos side in the second game.

Dantouma Toure, PDA - Toure scored the lone goal in a 1-0 win over the Xolos’ side in the second game, which was a more competitive contest. His talent is undeniable. He possesses rare athletic gifts combined with a competitive spirit that makes him a rare prospect. He was all of the talk of the camp after scoring three goals during the intersquad scrimmage on Wednesday and adding the lone goal on Friday. He will be in the picture for the youth national teams for a long time.

Diego Luna, San Jose Earthquakes - Luna set up Toure’s goal. He poked the ball off a Xolos midfielder and into the path of Toure. The Earthquakes’ midfielder is one of the more intriguing players in the group. He has moments where he looks great with the ball at his feet. Then there are some moments when he is sloppy with possession and does not have a chance at winning it back. He has some soccer intelligence so it’s hard to see him getting let behind, but he does not have the physique of a U.S. Soccer player so it’ll be fascinating to see how he is utilized with his club and the national team.

Dante Sealy, FC Dallas - Sealy had some moments in the game against Xolos. He was able to turn his defender and get racing toward the goal a few times, but a Xolos defender would trip him just before he could take off on one of those Sealy runs through the defense. The constant fouling added up to a frustrating day for the winger, who could be getting a look with the 2002 Youth National Team in Florida next month.

Selmir Miscic, Philadelphia Union - Miscic’s highlight from his second half appearance was a nifty heel flick to get the ball past a defender and start the attack for the U.S. He had a couple of chances in his appearance, and looked like he fit in well with this group as he battles Tyler Freeman, Dante Sealy, and others for playing time in the future.

Andre Cordes, Colorado Rapids - Cordes played the whole game in the 1-0 win over Xolos on Friday. He didn’t have to make many saves, but he was consistent and handled the challenges in front of him. He did have a tough time with a couple of crosses, which is an area for him to improve in the future.

Adrian Aguilar, LA Galaxy - The Galaxy left back did well on the day. He was physical against a bruising winger and bested the opposition on most occasions. He was also good on the ball and made some sublime passes.

Nicholas Pariano, Philadelphia Union - Pariano played as a center midfielder in the third game of the day. He was one of the players pulling the strings for the group. He’s good on the ball and can play while under pressure.

Aidan Wolf, Columbus Crew - Wolf set up the first goal of the game against Albion on Friday. He was deployed as an attacking center midfielder along with Pariano and he did well when he was on the ball. He made a couple of questionable passes, but his athleticism helped him erase those mistakes quickly.

Ricardo Pepi, FC Dallas - Pepi scored the opener against Albion in the final game of the day. His height came in handy on the goal as he flicked a header over a defender and a goalkeeper. He looked good outside of the goal too. He has good feet and created some chances.

Brian Lopez, Weston FC - Lopez had a tough time against Albion’s Jacob Silva, but he stood out because he did not shy away from the challenge. He had some good moments on the ball too.

My kid used to play for a couple years with Adrian Aguilar. His improvement over just a couple years, from where he was when he originally came to the team to where he was when he left to go to LAG was super impressive. I honestly can't wrap my head around how he improved so much with the mediocre training we had. So glad to hear he's doing well, hope he's able to stick with the team when they combine with the '02s next year.

My kid used to play for a couple years with Adrian Aguilar. His improvement over just a couple years, from where he was when he originally came to the team to where he was when he left to go to LAG was super impressive. I honestly can't wrap my head around how he improved so much with the mediocre training we had. So glad to hear he's doing well, hope he's able to stick with the team when they combine with the '02s next year.

Real true, and he's one of the most discipline kid on the Galaxy, I knew his dad too very quiet and respectful gentleman.

Back