Cerritos Memorial Challenge Cup

Re: the instagram, I took a look. Looks like standard speed and strength training to me. I've been physically active all my life and I don't buy the "kids are too young" line. She's not blasting out deadlifts or power cleans. There are girls on my daughter's team that do the same thing.

IDK what level of play your daughters are at, but this isn't surprising to me at all. I'm not a fan of playing in another state, but it's not my daughter, it's not my life, and they can do whatever they want.
Thank you!

Once again, it was brought to my attention that adults are blogging and going back-and-forth about my daughter. Commenting on what she does, what she has, and where she plays. She's blessed, we are blessed! Thank you guys for your concern. Feel free to contact me any time on any concerns that you may have, but out of respect please don't blog about my daughter or my family! Thank you! I'm at all her games so feel free to come up to me and speak to me if you have a question. Have a nice day!!!

Once again, it was brought to my attention that adults are blogging and going back-and-forth about my daughter. Commenting on what she does, what she has, and where she plays. She's blessed, we are blessed! Thank you guys for your concern. Feel free to contact me any time on any concerns that you may have, but out of respect please don't blog about my daughter or my family! Thank you! I'm at all her games so feel free to come up to me and speak to me if you have a question. Have a nice day!!!

I've seen him around at the fields and he seems like an approachable guy. Go have a chat!

You have a very valid point here, but didn’t this start because alphaomega and chargerfan couldn’t “separate their feelings from cause for concern” Saying “I feel sorry for her…etc” . Their opinions/concerns may have been valid, but they turned it into putting down a player/parent and nowhere did it sound like they were genuinely concerned.
Get over it and get over me. Have a nice day !!

I do regret asking if that poster was referring to your daughter. I don't think it is fair to talk about individual children. Based on the Instagram page (and can I assume fb, etc?), it seems like you guys are promoting her as some sort of special youth athlete, so I thought that was enough to break that privacy. I still shouldn't have done it. But I think the conversation of "how much is too much" is a valid one, and we would appreciate your input if you would like to share.

Re: the instagram, I took a look. Looks like standard speed and strength training to me. I've been physically active all my life and I don't buy the "kids are too young" line. She's not blasting out deadlifts or power cleans. There are girls on my daughter's team that do the same thing.

IDK what level of play your daughters are at, but this isn't surprising to me at all. I'm not a fan of playing in another state, but it's not my daughter, it's not my life, and they can do whatever they want.

My girl has played at high levels, and we have friends who are know playing at the highest level. None of them were doing all of that at 10. Please don't give the parents in this forum the idea that it is necessary to be able to play at a high level.

My girl has played at high levels, and we have friends who are know playing at the highest level. None of them were doing all of that at 10. Please don't give the parents in this forum the idea that it is necessary to be able to play at a high level.

"Now" , not "know"

I didn't say it was necessary, I said it was not uncommon. Speed and strength skills don't necessarily make you a better soccer player. That being said, being a superior athlete along with having soccer smarts is ideal IMO.

@chargerfan the normotec legs and hip recovery system is only 2545$. Halfsies? I can't spring for a home cryo system yet but hopefully that massage therapy school down the way may consider half price sports massages?
#blessed

Isn't that exactly what you did by calling out the 10 year old girl with the instagram page?

I did apologize for that. Although it was really a discussion of her parents, not her. I don't know that girl from an Ayso player despite her parents marketing. Like I said, they have been on social media promoting her like an "instacelebrity" or whatever it is called. I think that fairly opens them up for criticism, but never the girl. Never would I call out a kid as a no-talent hack like he did.

Disclaimer: I don't know the young lady, her dad, or her family.

@chargerfan - You were wrong to bring up this girl's name in multiple threads. And now after your "apology" you mock the family and the IG account with phony hashtags. I wonder what your motivation is behind posting this? Would you care to share? Concern for the girl? If so, why? Trying to caution other parents? If so, why? I'm genuinely interested.

Like I said, I don't know the girl or her family, but I have a daughter who I believe is a special athlete and plays at a high level. I'm 100% aware of things like puberty, and losing interest, etc. I'm not penciling her in for the USWNT. But as a parent when I see my child has been gifted with athletic talent that 99% of the girls I see out on the field don't have then I feel it's my responsibility as a parent to help her realize her potential.

I've seen the young lady that's been discussed in this thread. She's a great athlete that still has a lot to learn in terms of playing soccer, but like my daughter, is physically gifted. What should the family do? Not celebrate her accomplishments? Not get her extra training? Should they just sign her up for AYSO because, "Hey, she probably won't make USWNT and people on an online forum find it distasteful!"

All I read is speculation. None of you have bothered to talk with her dad. None of you have played on her team. None of you know her relationship with her family.

If a girl from Las Vegas plays in the SoCal league, why do you care? If she played Flight 3 would you care? I doubt it. Do you feel that you or your child is being cheated in some way?

Personally I welcome this young lady this our region. Our circuit is among the strongest in the nation for youth soccer. Take a look at the youth and national team rosters. There are always 3-6 girls/women selected from this region, far in excess of anywhere else in the country. She is helping making the competition in the region better and as a result making your daughters better when she plays against them.

Similar to the Anaheim thread I love it when the coaches and concerned parents start chiming in! Awesome. Anaheim Surf- the gift that keeps on giving.

Similar to the Anaheim thread I love it when the coaches and concerned parents start chiming in! Awesome. Anaheim Surf- the gift that keeps on giving.

Not an Anaheim surf parent. Not a coach. What else stupid do you have to say?

Edit: Feel free to chime in here even though I called out chargerfan. You're just as bad as he/she is.

Back