Cerritos Memorial Challenge Cup

field #5 was way better than anything we saw last weekend at Silver Lakes. Sad thing is we are going back there to play on Monday on the same fields 12A/13A ...................Lastman its going be a tough day for you tomorrow watching your 2 favorite teams play .....LOL ..............
Dang...do you think both my girls could get dual player cards? You know, like dual citizenship? :D

Really great game between Legends and Galaxy. Teams were evenly matched and it was a game of opportunity. Both defenses shut each other down and almost all goals off set plays.

Unfortunately, a small field and both teams took advantage of the goalie punts and put intense pressure on the defenses. Amazing to watch how composed both defenses were. Some good movement of the ball in the midfield but really intense challenges by both teams. Another classic Legends vs. Galaxy game!

Good luck tomorrow ladies!

Really great game between Legends and Galaxy. Teams were evenly matched and it was a game of opportunity. Both defenses shut each other down and almost all goals off set plays.

Unfortunately, a small field and both teams took advantage of the goalie punts and put intense pressure on the defenses. Amazing to watch how composed both defenses were. Some good movement of the ball in the midfield but really intense challenges by both teams. Another classic Legends vs. Galaxy game!

Good luck tomorrow ladies!
Santiago Charter fields suck.

In looking at the standings in Cerritos and Manchester, it remains that the top teams are finding the way to win. 8 teams remain in contention for Championships and each deserve to be there. Well done ladies. Play hard and know that no matter if you win or lose, your parents are proud of you!
Good luck everyone!

Some great soccer today! LAGSB and West Coast final was fun to watch. West Coast stuck to their system through and through and those girls have some serious skill. Both teams played tough and the score line isnt the best indication of how this game was played. It was much closer than 3-0. Galaxy had a couple of good goals but West Coast certainly had some great opportunities. On a slightly bigger field, these two teams will be fun to watch.

I only saw a little of the Legends - Strikers but it looked like both teams played well. Ill let someone who saw more of it comment.

Legends - Galaxy final was tough. Both teams showed up ready to play. Physical and fast play. Tough on the small field for both of these teams to get a whole lot going as both teams were in the constant battle of 'first to the ball.' 0-0 at half. Galaxy scored the first goal at the beginning of the second half with a loose ball shot low and to the corner. Legends shortly thereafter got a free kick outside of the box and it was a perfectly struck shot in the far corner. Really amazing shot (1-1)! Legends later came back with a good sequence and Galaxy defense had a breakdown and Legends capitalized (2-1 Legends). Galaxy came back and had a cross from the left side that was one touched in (2-2). With less than 2 minutes left, Legends left mid beat defender and got a cross off that was banged perfectly into the net (3-2 Legends). Game was a constant back and forth and both teams played hard.

Great game Legends!

She can't find a good enough team in Vegas? That sounds ridiculous, and a stupid amount of pressure to put on a young girl. This is the one with the parent-run promotional Instagram right?
I feel sorry for the girl. Imagine all the time and energy she spends traveling back and forth....ridiculous! It's almost like a professional athlete. Is she getting paid? Why not Texas?? Hawaii?? Is there something I'm missing???

I would like to see what's going to happen when she becomes a teen, things might change as far as having no choice, some of us know how difficult and opinionated teens can be:confused:
Good luck mom and dad!!

Does she have an instagram? I've only seen that keeper dad promote his instagram on the fourmo_O

I feel sorry for the girl. Imagine all the time and energy she spends traveling back and forth....ridiculous! It's almost like a professional athlete. Is she getting paid? Why not Texas?? Hawaii?? Is there something I'm missing???

I would like to see what's going to happen when she becomes a teen, things might change as far as having no choice, some of us know how difficult and opinionated teens can be:confused:
Good luck mom and dad!!

Does she have an instagram? I've only seen that keeper dad promote his instagram on the fourmo_O

Well, SHE doesn't, but her parents run one for her. I agree with you. It's going to be hard to talk a middle or high schooler into spending all weekend in a car when they would rather be at a party or the mall. I feel sorry for her as well, as that is no way to spend a childhood.

I haven't seen the keeper dad's Instagram. Crazy.

Well, SHE doesn't, but her parents run one for her. I agree with you. It's going to be hard to talk a middle or high schooler into spending all weekend in a car when they would rather be at a party or the mall. I feel sorry for her as well, as that is no way to spend a childhood.

I haven't seen the keeper dad's Instagram. Crazy.

Yes she has Instagram, so does my DD and most of her friends. If you have a 10-11 yr old with Instagram and you don't manage or at least monitor their page you're a fool. my DD also follows her on Snapchat and musically, but you creeps(haters) should probably keep away. chargerfan sounds like a true FAN.. probably follows her too and can tell you she's a little beast.

Many of our kids (yours included) probably won't be playing in middle school or high school either, you don't know what's going to happen in 2-3 years. Keep off the haterade and feel sorry for your own lives, after all you're the adults hiding behind a fake name bashing a 10 yr old's life.

Yes she has Instagram, so does my DD and most of her friends. If you have a 10-11 yr old with Instagram and you don't manage or at least monitor their page you're a fool. my DD also follows her on Snapchat and musically, but you creeps(haters) should probably keep away. chargerfan sounds like a true FAN.. probably follows her too and can tell you she's a little beast.

Many of our kids (yours included) probably won't be playing in middle school or high school either, you don't know what's going to happen in 2-3 years. Keep off the haterade and feel sorry for your own lives, after all you're the adults hiding behind a fake name bashing a 10 yr old's life.

My daughter has an Instagram where she posts pictures of our cat and the beach. I monitor it, of course. But I am not posting pictures of her training and creating hashtags like #beastmode or whatever. I saw it first about a year ago bc my daughter ended up following her somehow , and there's no way a 9 year old was posting those things or writing those captions. I consider it odd to promote a young girl in that way. And honestly, if you are pushing a 10 year old to the point they need ice baths, you are doing something wrong.

I'm not hating on the girl. In fact, I just said I feel sorry for her. This is all on the parents who seem to be living vicariously through their daughter, and pushing her harder than a kid should be pushed. Calling a 10 year old a little beast is insane. She is 2-4 years away from puberty.

My daughter is a middle schooler, and she is not even close to quitting. Because we keep it fun. She doesn't spend her free time in a gym, because she is a kid.

You have a fake name as well?! Although I figured you are this girl's parent. I can't imagine anyone else endorsing that kind of craziness.

My daughter has an Instagram where she posts pictures of our cat and the beach. I monitor it, of course. But I am not posting pictures of her training and creating hashtags like #beastmode or whatever. I saw it first about a year ago bc my daughter ended up following her somehow , and there's no way a 9 year old was posting those things or writing those captions. I consider it odd to promote a young girl in that way. And honestly, if you are pushing a 10 year old to the point they need ice baths, you are doing something wrong.

I'm not hating on the girl. In fact, I just said I feel sorry for her. This is all on the parents who seem to be living vicariously through their daughter, and pushing her harder than a kid should be pushed. Calling a 10 year old a little beast is insane. She is 2-4 years away from puberty.

My daughter is a middle schooler, and she is not even close to quitting. Because we keep it fun. She doesn't spend her free time in a gym, because she is a kid.

You have a fake name as well?! Although I figured you are this girl's parent. I can't imagine anyone else endorsing that kind of craziness.
Ice baths and a gym? Wow that's insane for a child. Maybe child services needs to look into it.

My daughter has an Instagram where she posts pictures of our cat and the beach.

I get it, but you're missing the fact that there's a big difference between my kid, your kid, and the kid you're speaking of. My 10yr old dd doesn't compete in other sports nationally (yours probably doesn't either). I'm not here to bash anyone's kid or their parent's choices, unlike what you were doing. Not her parent, but I do know her and her family.

Back