Cerritos Memorial Challenge Cup

I know we played them last season and they were a flight two team. I wouldn't consider them a flight one team. Did they get new additions from surrounding clubs?

I know we played them last season and they were a flight two team. I wouldn't consider them a flight one team. Did they get new additions from surrounding clubs?

I love SD Surf, my kids learned a lot there and their b-teams are better than most a-teams....but I can't remember one that is top ten in an age group or even close.

Looking at the results (I wasn't there so can't go off anything else), they lost 2 of 4 games and got shutout twice. Do they play great soccer, and the view is the results will eventually come?

I love SD Surf, my kids learned a lot there and their b-teams are better than most a-teams....but I can't remember one that is top ten in an age group or even close.

Looking at the results (I wasn't there so can't go off anything else), they lost 2 of 4 games and got shutout twice. Do they play great soccer, and the view is the results will eventually come?
The results you looked at are for the Surf C team. Surf B team was 3-1 at Man City and their team doesn't resemble last years.

The results you looked at are for the Surf C team. Surf B team was 3-1 at Man City and their team doesn't resemble last years.
They could easily be considered a top 10 team. Their game against Beach was closer than the final score as they created several scoring opportunities and just didn't finish well. They play the same style as the A team and have a lot of talent. I would expect them to get better during the year too.

Surf B is for real and should compete where ever they are playing. Won EGSL spring as warm up league over Surf A and Blues. Saw them play several times and they are for real and will only get stronger. Seemed to have picked up a few key players that influence the outcome of the game and therefore, should only get stronger.

Blues strong in the tourney play so far and should be ranked #1, if you had one, so perhaps the cuts to rosters on both teams at the end of last season were justified? Maybe considered a homer for that remark, but despite the pain of the parents and children involved, perhaps there was a goal in mind? But all three should and can be mentioned in the same breath?

Legends and LAGSB are on that elite list and should always compete and belong with those other 3 teams. Tough top to bottom, offense, defense, speed of countering in both direct and possession play. Beach and Albion are right there also but perhaps a little less consistent than the other 2 mentioned above, in my humble opinion. Both have some very skilled players, and have always been a fan of Albion coach even from days of Newport Mesa. As a side note, I believe some teams play direct when competing against some teams as it gains and advantage, and some teams play possession. Some teams mostly play direct and some teams mostly possession, but even direct teams will play possession against larger, unskilled (say AYSO) teams and possession teams will play direct against perhaps younger, quicker teams. But it depends on who plays to their strengths better during the game which usually matters.

Perhaps AS was hidden in Newport Mesa Cup and despite tourney win, but put up lackluster numbers against ho-hum teams including Tier 2 Otto Blues, so skeptics are doubting. Truth is, they have yet to be tested and perhaps the early tourney season choices are representative of the strength of the team. People are reading into that. We will only know when they go head to head with someone on the elite list.

For those not quite elite, but dangerous (according to Sike), Slammers is not as good as Strikers were last year, so can't just plug them in as the surrogate. Didn't bring everyone over, lost many key players, and fill-ins are cut players from other teams. Play is mish-moshed and sloppy, and guesting has covered it up so far. Heard other team actually playing better, scrimmages etc., but hidden from glaring eye (rumor via a new pats transfer to team so??). WCFC, as time rolls on, and they get their groove together may prove stronger and rise. Know some players there and mainly an intact team, and just need to integrate a few new players. Strikers North is stronger than both those in my opinion, but not sure what future holds. What happened to Real So Cal? Like their brand of soccer. Eagles always dangerous but always seem very inconsistent and not sure if it's roster changes or shifting, but on any given day, they can win or lose, but can't always put it together for an entire weekend. DMCV and Rebels in similar boat.

Personally I think Strikers North Mirola's success is a result of having physical athletes and launching it over the top. I've seen their sister team, Strikers North Ayala that ran roughshod over Flight 2 last year. They don't have the same athletes as Mirola, but play a much more attractive style that will pay long term dividends as opposed to Blast-> Run-> Push-> Turnover-> Shot-> Goal-> Victory.

Once again, it was brought to my attention that adults are blogging and going back-and-forth about my daughter. Commenting on what she does, what she has, and where she plays. She's blessed, we are blessed! Thank you guys for your concern. Feel free to contact me any time on any concerns that you may have, but out of respect please don't blog about my daughter or my family! Thank you! I'm at all her games so feel free to come up to me and speak to me if you have a question. Have a nice day!!!

You are blessed, your daughter is talented and more importantly a good kid.. My daughter got the chance to play with her in Ventura and said she was immediately friendly and treated 'her new team-mates' like friends from the start. She was one of two girls(the other a Beach FC player) that my daughter is excited to get to see again.

On the other side-show going on, if your kid is going to 'burn out' I'd attribute that more to negative pressure and/or not really 'loving' the game. At this age a lot of kids are playing to please 'us' and not for themselves. Once they mature, they understand our love for them isn't predicated on them earning our love on a soccer field. If these kids love the game, love to train and want to be the best, get after it and push them to be their best and embrace a passion to be great.

You are blessed, your daughter is talented and more importantly a good kid.. My daughter got the chance to play with her in Ventura and said she was immediately friendly and treated 'her new team-mates' like friends from the start. She was one of two girls(the other a Beach FC player) that my daughter is excited to get to see again.

On the other side-show going on, if your kid is going to 'burn out' I'd attribute that more to negative pressure and/or not really 'loving' the game. At this age a lot of kids are playing to please 'us' and not for themselves. Once they mature, they understand our love for them isn't predicated on them earning our love on a soccer field. If these kids love the game, love to train and want to be the best, get after it and push them to be their best and embrace a passion to be great.

I have a lot to say about the second part of this post, but there are a couple of posters on here that don't want to have a reasonable conversation regarding how much is too much. I invited her dad to join the conversation, he didn't want to, then those two attack me for not even trying to engage with him.

2006's are very young. Middle and high school changes things. There will be burnout from parental overinvolvement (I have seen sevetal players pushed to the breaking point) and the desire to have more of a social life. Missing weekend bBelieve me between 5th and 8th grade, A LOT can change, and does change. As they get older, kids want and need more of a say as to how they spend their time after school and weekends.

I have a lot to say about the second part of this post, but there are a couple of posters on here that don't want to have a reasonable conversation regarding how much is too much. I invited her dad to join the conversation, he didn't want to, then those two attack me for not even trying to engage with him.

2006's are very young. Middle and high school changes things. There will be burnout from parental overinvolvement (I have seen sevetal players pushed to the breaking point) and the desire to have more of a social life. Missing weekend bBelieve me between 5th and 8th grade, A LOT can change, and does change. As they get older, kids want and need more of a say as to how they spend their time after school and weekends.

Move on already. This thread is/was about the Cerritos Memorial Challenge.

Back