Cal South 2004 Player Pool Announced

Omg this guy.
Newsflash all the posters arguing had daughters that not only made the list but went to Regionals and immediate DA OFFERS.
Also again fellow posters anyone who knows anything should also know since this is a 2004 forum that WE DONT PUT 7 and 8 GRADE STUFF ON RESUMES. Big difference between a 11 and 14 year old.
Sorry someone needed to speak up
Wrong again, parents did put 8th grade ODP on their players resume. You don't know being a ulittle parent. College coaches recruit the best players at 9th grade. #naive

The same parents who complained, were sour and hating on ODP because their DDs didn't make the team use to say, ODP doesn't matter anymore....because of ECNL....is laughable. The only thing Girls DA does is give the girls who didn't get an invite or got cut at tyouts a fighting chance to be recruited by the top schools.

Just know, the same girls who stood out at the ODP tryouts will also stand-out at Girls DA games/showcases when college coaches are evaluating. They will also standout at college camps when they wait for it, wait of it.....play full field scrimmages!

The same parents who complained, were sour and hating on ODP because their DDs didn't make the team use to say, ODP doesn't matter anymore....because of ECNL....is laughable. The only thing Girls DA does is give the girls who didn't get an invite or got cut at tyouts a fighting chance to be recruited by the top schools.

Just know, the same girls who stood out at the ODP tryouts will also stand-out at Girls DA games/showcases when college coaches are evaluating. They will also standout at college camps when they wait for it, wait of it.....play full field scrimmages!

Stop spilling the beans. Let people be surprised. It's better that way!

ODP is done. It just is. It will be a watered down pool at best.
Can your daughter still go to Arizona and beat a team that we used to beat 20-0 maybe 8-0? Yes I bet so.
Will she still get no training in Ventura but feel special? Yes.
Will the low tier clubs still blast it on their Facebook wall and your neighbors will believe its a big deal? Yes
But similar to this whole DA vs ECNL thing we have going on I am skeptical. See DBF said not two months ago that she wanted her daughter to play with the best wherever that may be. This is the 2004 forum- I know of NO ONE who is considered a let's say top 50 whose not going to DA. Since everyone believes in facts would someone like to name a player whose a top 50 who has chosen to stay ECNL? We are all buddies here and know rosters. So is anyone telling me that on a roster there were shocks? The only shocks we have are how every top player is moving DA- that's all I got.
I will close with this. Everyone remember the poster Sped? He would post things that were always pro club pro surf never any open mind, never any ability to see something from a different angle. Just suspicios to me. He deactivated his account apparently. As parents we have to have an open mind. To have someone write a love letter to Steve Hoffman on here is bizarre- it's just off. So yeah get mad at me for posting but I will provide our view, and our opinion and let the reader see what works for their family.
Families should know great experience, loved the camp, loved the swag, loved the girls ..but if you are DA you can't do it. If you are deciding whether or not to go DA based on whether you can do ODP...uh that's just simply stupid and should be the last difference between DA and ECNL

My daughters scholarship offer (a SIGNIFICANT one to a top school) came after the ODP region IV championships. The competition at regionals and nationals is only surpassed by YNT camps and that is the truth.

My daughters scholarship offer (a SIGNIFICANT one to a top school) came after the ODP region IV championships. The competition at regionals and nationals is only surpassed by YNT camps and that is the truth.

Aware. Also aware that from 2010-2017 the cream of the crop also were ECNL which allowed for ODP and your player pool was much more centralized due to four main ECNL squads. The depth of the teams was significant.
This isn't accurate any longer.
Comparing the 99 girls to the 2004 girls is apples to oranges.

One more thing- on our 2004 list we have well over 20 plus flight two players. 20. I would be interested to see the ODP list of the 98-99 girls and see if your list had 20 plus B team players on it? I don't think it did. I can recall very clearly never looking at those lists and being shocked

Aware. Also aware that from 2010-2017 the cream of the crop also were ECNL which allowed for ODP and your player pool was much more centralized due to four main ECNL squads. The depth of the teams was significant.
This isn't accurate any longer.
Comparing the 99 girls to the 2004 girls is apples to oranges.

Huh? 4 main ECNL squads? ODP started before U14 ECNL. It still doesn't change the fact the girls who made the 2003 and 2004 ODP teams (top 18) will most likely than not still be the top players at Girls DA. To think otherwise is hopeful thinking.

Huh? 4 main ECNL squads? ODP started before U14 ECNL. It still doesn't change the fact the girls who made the 2003 and 2004 ODP teams (top 18) will most likely than not still be the top players at Girls DA. To think otherwise is hopeful thinking.
I would also challenge you to print the girls who made the 2003/2004 ODP team, not YOP (1st yr), but Pro+/ODP team. I will bet even with Girls DA. Those girls will be recruited and committed 1st to the top Universities.

You're sour about ODP, because your DD was cut. Funny, they get it right 25% of the time. You are so WRONG! In the 1999 birth year, here are the players who made Pro+/ODP Cal-South team aka top 18 team throughout the years and which college they are playing at this fall.

Ashley Sanchez-UCLA
Kiara Pickett-Stanford
Brooke Reddington-Stanford
Sohia Serafin-Stanford
Catarina Macario-Stanford
Karina Rodriguez-UCLA
Sabrina Encisco-Arizona
Mina G.-USD
Vivianna Villacorta-UCLA
Denea Antonie-CAL
Lauren Payne-Wash St
Hanna Goff-Wash St
Caitlin Sanchez-Washington
Hillary Beal-Michigan
Zoey Clevely-Pepperdine
Lou Ishikawa-Pepperdine
Choie Boice-Notre Dame
Savannah Madden-University of Texas (Longhorns)
Lauren Brzyski-UCLA
Sydney Carr-UCI
Hanna Sharts-UCLA
Tera McKeown-USC
Samantha Fisher-Notre Dame

I would say ODP coaches and their staff get it right more like 95% of the time! #facts
You continue to apply history to the future ignoring the fact the landscape has changed since your DD was at this age.

You continue to apply history to the future ignoring the fact the landscape has changed since your DD was at this age.
Look bro. I got my DD committed the unconventional way.... I wasn't a sheep who let my DD be hearded on a U14 ECNL team. She didn't play ECNL full-time until U16. Where as all these "so called" top starting players were playing on U14 ECNL teams. Looking back, it's laughable parents drinking the Kool-Aid that playing U14 ECNL (substitute for U14 Girls DA) that their DDs were the best. These were the same posters/parents talking trash about ODP when their DDs never got an invite or their DD's got cut. Exactly like a few 2004 parents in this thread are doing now.

Unless your DD (which I have no ide, if she is or NOT) has already made the ODP 2003 or 2004 team (top 18) or called into a U14/15 YNT camp. You are one of those parents (refer to above) who think, my DD is playing U14 Girls DA. She will have her pick of top universities. Well, sorry.....good luck with that hope and prayer. It ain't happening, you better hope she is still playing and doesn't get burned out practicing 4-5 days a week on her club team. If she doesn't play a lot...double whammy!

You are spot on. My player wasn't on a top 4 ECNL team. Some posters don't realize that the recruit PLAYERS not teams.

Where the vast majority in here are sheep and will be playing girls DA...U13, U14 whatever age this coming fall. You better hope a stud non-DA player doesn't walk on in the next 1-2 years and pushes your little Marta to the bench. Believe me it's going to happen to many here.

This is what I would do, if I had another DD and she made the ODP team in this age group. I would sit down with here and inform her to play either on the B team or non-Girls DA club (as long as the coach was great at developing a youth player). This way she is still playing for the fun and love of the game at the same time building up her player resume with ODP individual accolades. By U16 (HS Sophomore) move her to a Girls DA team. She will then be playing on a Girls DA team and have ODP accolades on her player resume. This will attract college coaches and I guarantee they will watch her play.

And you keep making ASSumptions. You know what they say about that. I just watched the U13 National Cup final and none if those players play fast enough to be recruited by a top 10 school. Improvement in speed of play is needed all around. And the better team lost. Go figure.

One more thing- on our 2004 list we have well over 20 plus flight two players. 20. I would be interested to see the ODP list of the 98-99 girls and see if your list had 20 plus B team players on it? I don't think it did. I can recall very clearly never looking at those lists and being shocked

Are you asking for the ODP Summer player pool list with 120 pool players or final ODP state team player list (final 18)?

Our final 18 this year will have lesser players because our best will be in DA.
Our final 18 from 2016 is in DA- I know 13 personally will have to ask about the other 5.

Unless your DD (which I have no ide, if she is or NOT) has already made the ODP 2003 or 2004 team (top 18) or called into a U14/15 YNT camp. You are one of those parents (refer to above) who think, my DD is playing U14 Girls DA. She will have her pick of top universities. Well, sorry.....good luck with that hope and prayer. It ain't happening, you better hope she is still playing and doesn't get burned out practicing 4-5 days a week on her club team. If she doesn't play a lot...double whammy!

I have two dds that have not made ODP once and are going academy. Do I think going academy is the end all be all no but at this time it is what is best for my girls. My girls were good enough to be on a top flight 1 team since U9 and have done very well...do I feel my girls are as good as some of those girls on the odp list heck yes but I actually think not getting picked is motivating my girls to want to get better. Up till now they have played high level club volleyball as well as club soccer and I did everything I could to make sure they didn't get burned out in soccer. I know they are a little behind technically but I also know you can't teach athleticism and heart which mine have. I have chosen DA for them because at this point they know they need extra practice with the ball at their feet and they have chosen to hang up the volleyball sneakers and play soccer full time. With the extra practice days for DA this is perfect for my girls. They are still in jr high so high school soccer isn't a concern at this point and our academy is funded so to me if they don't play a lot this next year I am ok with it. Every year I will reevaluate what is best for my dds and go from there. I think there are quite a few people in the same boat as me. I know on our Slammers team we had a lot of two star athletes on that team and all I can say is look out when these girls start getting multiple practices a week with a couple great trainers.

And you keep making ASSumptions. You know what they say about that. I just watched the U13 National Cup final and none if those players play fast enough to be recruited by a top 10 school. Improvement in speed of play is needed all around. And the better team lost. Go figure.
MAP, based on some of the comments I have read on this forum it is obvious that your DD is a heck of a player but I don't think just because your DD is at a top school that makes you an expert and able to tell us who is good enough and who isn't. I played in college myself but I don't profess to be able to tell at the age of 12 who plays fast enough and who doesn't. I can tell you this, the big center mid from Surf is one heck of a player and there are a few other players on that team that can ball.

Our final 18 this year will have lesser players because our best will be in DA.
Our final 18 from 2016 is in DA- I know 13 personally will have to ask about the other 5.
That's a no brainer, of course your final 18 from 2016 will most likely be playing DA. As I posted, those girls are the BLUE CHIPPERS and will most likely receive YNT invites. They will also commit by their HS Freshmen or Sophomore year. The Blue Chippers are already on the top college coaches recruiting boards.

As for question to MAP, did the 1999 ODP player pool list of 120-125 players have questionable girls on the list, of course. The ODP scouts are evaluating players from CRL, State Cup (B team players) and National Cup. How does a B team player make the list where as a starting A team player doesn't. Easy, the B team player or player playing in State Cup is probably the teams go to player, who makes things happen in the game. Where as the A team starting roll player at National Cup (doesn't stand out) and feeds the ball to the impact player on her team who ends up getting the ODP invite.

Look bro. I got my DD committed the unconventional way.... I wasn't a sheep who let my DD be hearded on a U14 ECNL team. She didn't play ECNL full-time until U16. Where as all these "so called" top starting players were playing on U14 ECNL teams. Looking back, it's laughable parents drinking the Kool-Aid that playing U14 ECNL (substitute for U14 Girls DA) that their DDs were the best. These were the same posters/parents talking trash about ODP when their DDs never got an invite or their DD's got cut. Exactly like a few 2004 parents in this thread are doing now.

Your delusions are not mine...and I'm not your bro!

Back