2018 D1 Women's Soccer Talk!!

@3thatplay - I make the assumption your DD is headed to UCBuffs based upon your avatar...Jason and Danny seem like cool guys so congrats. When did your DD get her fitness packet? My DD isn't quite there yet but "stressing" about that anticipated guidance. Also, some schools we've talked to highly encourage summer enrollment for various reasons, while others do not. Why is that?

Not 3thatplay, but many coaches like their freshman to work out with trainer over the summer so they have a leg up on pre-season training.

I would love to see this as well. Maybe a SoCal Soccer Summit over some beers would get this forum back on the topic of college soccer.
Great idea, some place where you can see the ocean from the field. I will sit next to MAP just in case he gets out of line.

I hope you have an opportunity to see a lot of her games in person. That is one thing I regret.

Well, considering it takes a combo of planes, trains & automobiles to get to her campus ....My wife/I have committed to see at least 1 (2 touches) ea this season. Plus her conference just inked a deal w/espn so games are readily avail. But your shared experience is noted, and taken to heart.

It sort of all became real when she recently played her last club game, and walked the grad line this weekend. The little girl, who years ago told me to "let go daddy" during her 1st bike ride, .....once again told me "I'm ready to go dad" ..."I'm ready to go".

She had it right then....and my gut says she has it it right now.:)

Well, considering it takes a combo of planes, trains & automobiles to get to her campus ....My wife/I have committed to see at least 1 (2 touches) ea this season. Plus her conference just inked a deal w/espn so games are readily avail. But your shared experience is noted, and taken to heart.

It sort of all became real when she recently played her last club game, and walked the grad line this weekend. The little girl, who years ago told me to "let go daddy" during her 1st bike ride, .....once again told me "I'm ready to go dad" ..."I'm ready to go".

You had me at "recently played her last club game" and then I really lost it at "let go daddy"...ahhh bittersweet this last weekend at Silverlakes...lots of happy/sad tears...can't believe that was the last club game EVER...end of one chapter, and just the beginning of another...and graduation in two days, emotional week, beyond proud of all these amazing girls (& boys too)!! I can't wait to see & hear how everyone will be doing at their new homes/universities this summer/fall!!:)

Where is she going?
I havent been paying much attention of late, but I figured out the Ivy League part.

Where is she going?.....She is going to freeze her arsh in a little town called New Haven CT. Which Supposively has more books than people :rolleyes:

Wow congratulations to her especially for joining arguably the best network of human capital in all of Academia

Back