2017-2018 D1 Women's Soccer Talk!

This specious argumentum ad verecundiam approach of yours has become tedious . We, or st least I, have stopped finding humor in your unknowing self-humiliation. For the sake of your daughter, who is someone we still appreciate and enjoy watching play, please stop.

Once an individual of that type has been identified, it is difficult to refrain from poking him.

@surfrider Is your daughter transferring home yet? With all those minutes played this season, especially the 13 minutes per game down the stretch, make that East Coast snow worth it? Why wasn't she good enough to stay and play in state? Tell me about that one U18 YNT invite way back when. Did she just stink it up in camp? Why did she get cycled out? Why did my kid have to cover for her the last year of club? Was it speed or athleticism or lack of tactical awareness or all of the above? We know her technical skills aren't there but will she get to at least play half the game next season?

I would go on but I'm going to go have a Pliny the Elder. Eagerly awaiting your meager reply.

Surfrider is pretty insufferable and I am not standing up for him, but I hate bullies, so let's play a game where I state 6 facts and 1 lie.

Which of the following is the one I made up:

The other UCLA parents all laugh at you behind your back.
Your daughter, and her teammates, read this board occasionally and find it embarassing.
April H tells people you are a complete asshat.
Jitka K was a bit annoyed you don't bother to know how to properly pronounce her name.
Colin C considered banning you from the Surf sidelines because of complaints from other teammates parents who hated sitting next to you.
You once got in a fight at your kid's school where the main injury was a grandmother you knocked out of her wheelchair.
You hit your ex.

Is this how you play #3dchess? Which one did I make up?

Surfrider is pretty insufferable and I am not standing up for him, but I hate bullies, so let's play a game where I state 6 facts and 1 lie.

Your daughter, and her teammates, read this board occasionally and find it embarassing.
Jitka K was a bit annoyed you don't bother to know how to properly pronounce her name.
Colin C considered banning you from the Surf sidelines because of complaints from other teammates parents who hated sitting next to you.
You once got in a fight at your kid's school where the main injury was a grandmother you knocked out of her wheelchair.
You hit your ex.

So I’m insufferable because I choose to stand up against a guy who has constantly bullied people on this forum and on the sidelines since u10? I apologize to you if I have come across that way but i won’t stand for the shit he spews about other people’s kids (which he was doing when his kid was a u little)

You hit your ex.

H. None of the above?

So I’m insufferable because I choose to stand up against a guy who has constantly bullied people on this forum and on the sidelines since u10? I apologize to you if I have come across that way but i won’t stand for the shit he spews about other people’s kids (which he was doing when his kid was a u little)

You poke MAP out of thin air sometimes. This place would be better without you guys airing out grudges and getting personal and cluttering up threads.
The both of you are at fault.

You hit your ex.

And just so my position is clear, Abdul...
I have zero problem with you bragging on your daughter. She appears to be a wildly successul young lady, and you should be proud. You know more about college soccer than just about anybody I know, and it is a good read when you share it. You also have a ton of great advice for others through your experience and share it providing a ton of value to others on this forum.
However, when you choose to come in here and belittle other girls or families I am going to come on here and embarrass you. Recommend you stop doing that.

And here I am just horrified that someone would actually quote a US Soccer coach, represent one in a forum or that they confide in parents or players to say these things. Silly me.
Horrifying.

You hit your ex.

Is this how you play #3dchess? Which one did I make up?[/QUOTE

We all know that Grandma got run over by a reindeer. So obviously that one is false.

And just so my position is clear, Abdul...
I have zero problem with you bragging on your daughter. She appears to be a wildly successul young lady, and you should be proud. You know more about college soccer than just about anybody I know, and it is a good read when you share it. You also have a ton of great advice for others through your experience and share it providing a ton of value to others on this forum.
However, when you choose to come in here and belittle other girls or families I am going to come on here and embarrass you. Recommend you stop doing that.
I would like to know why are you even asking about MAP? I doubt these coaches are asking you, do you know KM parents? Well let me tell you about them. If those coaches are. Then they need to get a life.

Furthermore, it’s doubtful college student athletes are reading the forum. They have better things to do, like Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, studying, or texting their friends and finding where the party is at.

Last edited:
I would like to know why are you even asking about MAP? I doubt these coaches are asking you, do you know KM parents? Well let me tell you about them. If those coaches are. Then they need to get a life.

Furthermore, it’s doubtful college student athletes are reading the forum. They have better things to do, like Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, studying, or texting their friends and finding where the party is at.
How did your kid like her first year?

I’m send you a PM.

I was wondering as well since you haven't said much NG...I know we (my hubby and I --depending who you catch on here) don't post that much but really appreciate any advice, insight, etc going into college next year...
Deeply appreciate all the veteran forum posters on here and their knowledge/experiences!!

I was wondering as well since you haven't said much NG...I know we (my hubby and I --depending who you catch on here) don't post that much but really appreciate any advice, insight, etc going into college next year...
Deeply appreciate all the veteran forum posters on here and their knowledge/experiences!!

Your girl is lockdown AND has the accolades to boot!!....I'm looking forward to watching her at the next level over the next 4/5 years:)

Very kind of you to say--- looking forward to watching all of these girls next year -- including your talented kiddo as well Zero!! :):)
But also very realistic regarding the ups & downs...keeping my fingers crossed for all of them-- our 2018 girls only have a few months left (& actually know quite of few of them graduating now/early and starting in Jan at their universities!) trying to enjoy every last minute ...crazy how fast it's going!

Obviously you missed his rant about 10 pages back because his dd did not play despite being the only player to work hard, and thus the coaches at Washington suck.

Obviously you missed his rant about 10 pages back because his dd did not play despite being the only player to work hard, and thus the coaches at Washington suck.
Actually she played 1 game for 9-10 mins and they burned a year of her playing eligibility. If she wasn’t going to play her freshmen year, that is fine. (I already knew incoming freshmen players don’t usually play or play many mins the 1st year). They shouldn’t have played her and she could have redshirted and saved a year of playing eligibility. That is exactly, what the UDub soccer mens coaches do for their freshmen. So that is only one of the many reasons why they suck!

Then again your DD doesn’t play for the team and you don’t know anything about the program do you? That’s what I thought.

Last edited:
NG- yes, that stinks...argghhh
However your DD is a strong, uber smart and very talented kid...I know she has some really great things coming for her around the corner. Rooting for her always :)

Actually she played 1 game for 9-10 mins and they burned a year of her playing eligibility. If she wasn’t going to play her freshmen year, that is fine. (I already knew incoming freshmen players don’t usually play or play many mins the 1st year). They shouldn’t have played her and she could have redshirted and saved a year of playing eligibility. That is exactly, what the UDub soccer mens coaches do for their freshmen. So that is only one of the many reasons why they suck!

Then again your DD doesn’t play for the team and you don’t know anything about the program do you? That’s what I thought.

Karma is a bitch.

Back