2017-2018 D1 Women's Soccer Talk!

Pepperdine's D will be tougher.

What makes you say that? Most of their signees are attacking players. I do like LI. I remember that she played up a couple of games with the Eagles team in my player's age group many moons ago. She was a very good player. I thought that Pepperdine had improved when I saw them this spring. We will see how they do in September.

What makes you say that? Most of their signees are attacking players. I do like LI. I remember that she played up a couple of games with the Eagles team in my player's age group many moons ago. She was a very good player. I thought that Pepperdine had improved when I saw them this spring. We will see how they do in September.
They are getting a very fast, skilled defender (who also has the gift of usually being in focus and not making a funny face in action shots). It is tough to get playing time as a freshman, but I would not be surprised to see her get some minutes.

They are getting a very fast, skilled defender (who also has the gift of usually being in focus and not making a funny face in action shots). It is tough to get playing time as a freshman, but I would not be surprised to see her get some minutes.

Being a former high level soccer player yourself you know that a capable defender is worth their weight and gold and usually find their way onto the field sooner versus later. The freshman players from SoCal that had the most impact on their respective teams this year were primarily defensive players so I suspect that you are right. Good luck to her and I hope to see her on the field in mid September.

L.I. is a STUD!

Being a former high level soccer player yourself you know that a capable defender is worth their weight and gold and usually find their way onto the field sooner versus later. The freshman players from SoCal that had the most impact on their respective teams this year were primarily defensive players so I suspect that you are right. Good luck to her and I hope to see her on the field in mid September.
You are correct on defenders, but I was never a high level player. I played one season on a coed rec team (with a great coach, Thanks Mike!), then we moved to a small town where the PE coach laughed at me and told me to move to Germany when I asked why we did not have a soccer team. I played one season there on a youth center team with no coach. We would drive to El Paso for games. The other team was always from Juarez and they would forfeit since they always had players that could not prove they were under 18. We would play anyway and they would blow us out. I was a good enough defender that the coach of one of the Mexican teams came and told me I played a great game with a lot of heart after one game (I was small and fast and liked to slide tackle). I quit after that season since I got tired of my older teammates beating up on me and stealing my ball. I wish I had stuck with it, but skateboards, dirt bikes and band became my outlet. That small town now has a large soccer complex, so I got the last laugh on that PE coach. He is dead not, but FU coach McDowell.

You are correct on defenders, but I was never a high level player. I played one season on a coed rec team (with a great coach, Thanks Mike!), then we moved to a small town where the PE coach laughed at me and told me to move to Germany when I asked why we did not have a soccer team. I played one season there on a youth center team with no coach. We would drive to El Paso for games. The other team was always from Juarez and they would forfeit since they always had players that could not prove they were under 18. We would play anyway and they would blow us out. I was a good enough defender that the coach of one of the Mexican teams came and told me I played a great game with a lot of heart after one game (I was small and fast and liked to slide tackle). I quit after that season since I got tired of my older teammates beating up on me and stealing my ball. I wish I had stuck with it, but skateboards, dirt bikes and band became my outlet. That small town now has a large soccer complex, so I got the last laugh on that PE coach. He is dead not, but FU coach McDowell.

You go! Just let it out! It sounds like you've needed to get that out for a while.

I love the insight and wish your daughter the best this season. It's pretty incredible to watch out little girls sprout. Good luck to you and your.

Looking forward to this season.
Would be awesome to get a solid outside back so HH can go up top and really add another dimension to the team.
Very promising group of young women coming in.
Really optimistic about the season, amigo.

Looking forward to this season.
Would be awesome to get a solid outside back so HH can go up top and really add another dimension to the team.
Very promising group of young women coming in.
Really optimistic about the season, amigo.
I plan to make it to at least one game, sans camera so I can cheer and heckle!

Congrats to all of the parents that have out of state and out of area players that are heading off to school in the next week or so. I know that summer school is starting and the trend is for girls to come in a month or two early to get used to school. It's a sad day but an exciting one. Our babies are starting a new chapter in their journey. Good luck to all of them.

Congrats to all of the parents that have out of state and out of area players that are heading off to school in the next week or so. I know that summer school is starting and the trend is for girls to come in a month or two early to get used to school. It's a sad day but an exciting one. Our babies are starting a new chapter in their journey. Good luck to all of them.

Thanks. Mine has been through 4 days of class and 3 days of workouts and is still loving her choice of school and program. I consider that a perfect start. I do think our California kids have an advantage when it comes to preparing. Because most players play at a high level out here, they know what to do to be ready.

Thanks. Mine has been through 4 days of class and 3 days of workouts and is still loving her choice of school and program. I consider that a perfect start. I do think our California kids have an advantage when it comes to preparing. Because most players play at a high level out here, they know what to do to be ready.

Congrats @It won't matter later !! I would consider your player's first week to be a rousing success! Good luck to her this season on and off of the pitch!!

The 2018 College Cup location could be a serious problem especially if Stanford decides to do what the state schools are doing. $C isn't in sync so we will see....

Back