2016 Summer Olympics

Loss today aside, I thought that NBCs lack of coverage for the US Women was terrible.
The conspiracy theorist inside of me thinks that US Soccer asked NBC to keep them hidden so the masses wouldn't see them protesting for better pay.
Maybe they're like me and some of my friends were not watching over their threat not to play for the USA over pay. Some will give their life for their country and these children stop their feet not getting money for the honor of playing for the USA. This team should be dismantled and have them go play pro - for money - where they can get what they are worth. As the USA National team they are not worthy of wearing the kit.

Maybe they're like me and some of my friends were not watching over their threat not to play for the USA over pay. Some will give their life for their country and these children stop their feet not getting money for the honor of playing for the USA. This team should be dismantled and have them go play pro - for money - where they can get what they are worth. As the USA National team they are not worthy of wearing the kit.

No matter how many times you repeat that theme, it is still nonsense.

If they were paid equally, the outcomes would be equal, and nobody would lose or ever be unhappy.
When Im president, Ill make sure nobody ever loses.
That, or everyone loses equally.
When you are president make sure no athletes are payed for being on the National Team (except expenses) and it will be fair for everyone. Then only those that want to play for for the honor wearing the colors will play and the others can just go have free college.

Last edited:
I posted they would complain about something similar. Try googling! It's not hard to find quotes from his former players saying they dominated possession and playing soccer the right way, but losing to a defensive counter attacking team.
You posted it, you google it. Show me some quotes of Guardiola or his players calling a team cowardly. Or something similar. Since as you say, it's not hard.

When you are president make sure no athletes are payed for being on the National Team (except expenses) and it will be fair for everyone. Then only those that want to play for for the honor wearing the colors will play and the others can just go have free college.
Everyone will be paid the same.
Everything will be free, and everything will be miserable. Miserable, but absolutely equally miserable.
The top 1% will pay, and the 99% will play for free, and nobody will be required to work unless they feel like it.
The top 1% will pay everything and the women's team will be fully funded as far as anyone knows.

Nice post game comments Hope! Once again way to represent your team & country.

She might be an excellent keeper but she's trailer trash, plain & simple.

You posted it, you google it. Show me some quotes of Guardiola or his players calling a team cowardly. Or something similar. Since as you say, it's not hard.
I posted Pep and is former players use to same somethng similar. Key word for you "similar" I didn't post they said, cowardly. Similiar as in they would say, we played the attacking style and dominated possession....they sat back and defended.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-why-we-lost-says-pep-guardiola-a6702001.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ated-Real-Madrid-Bernabeu-despite-losing.html

There are more, but why don't you move your lazy fingers and Google it.

Last edited:
It's not like Sweden played catenaccio. Sure, they played a little conservative, probably because they knew they weren't as good as their opponent. But it's not like they packed everyone in the box. At least they scored a good goal. Our's was flukey.

Every parent and player have said similar comments after losing a game to longball. Probably not the best choice of words nor the best timing for her comments. But at least someone had the huevos to call Pias coaching style out.

Every parent and player have said similar comments after losing a game to longball. Probably not the best choice of words nor the best timing for her comments. But at least someone had the huevos to call Pias coaching style out.
I agree! Hope may not be the most eloquent speaker and as usual her emotions got the best of her. Remember when she was quoted as saying that Ryan didn't play the best keeper several years ago when they lost to Brazil in the 2007 WWC. IMO, her raw emotions displays her competitiveness and how much she hates losing!

For the record, Hope Solo has saved the US WNT ass so many times from defeat....most recently vs France in this Olympics.

Last edited:
Hope saves the US WNT ass so many times from defeat....most recently vs France in this Olympics.
There have been those on the bench that would have done that. I doubt USA would have lost PKs to Japan if Hope was not there.

There have been those on the bench that would have done that. I doubt USA would have lost PKs to Japan if Hope was not there.

Do you think the back-up GK could have saved the team today in PK's too?

IMO, a back-up keeper would be more nervous without having any experience to draw on at that level.

I agree! Hope may not be the most eloquent speaker and as usual her emotions got the best of her. Remember when she was quoted as saying that Ryan didn't play the best keeper several years ago when they lost to Brazil in the 2007 WWC.

Hope has saved the US WNT ass so many times from defeat....most recently vs France in this Olympics.
I'm sure today would have been another one of those saves if Press hadn't kicked that ridiculous penalty.

I posted Pep and is former players use to same somethng similar. Key word for you "similar" I didn't post they said, cowardly. Similiar as in they would say, we played the attacking style and dominated possession....they sat back and defended.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-why-we-lost-says-pep-guardiola-a6702001.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ated-Real-Madrid-Bernabeu-despite-losing.html

There are more, but why don't you move your lazy fingers and Google it.
None of them have Guardiola calling anyone a coward. Or anything similar. It's one thing to say you dominated and lost. It's another to call your opponents cowards. Theres a difference that you're failing to understand.
As I suspected, you have nothing to back up your argument. Nice try.

Do you think the back-up GK could have saved the team today in PK's too?

IMO, a back-up keeper would be more nervous without having any experience to draw on at that level.
These are PKs. Totally different. The best keeper for PKs might be different too. I know my DD reads it better than Hope. I thought Sandra did too. Anyway as much as I despise Hope, these PKs were more kicker issues.

None of them have Guardiola calling anyone a coward. Or anything similar. It's one thing to say you dominated and lost. It's another to call your opponents cowards. Theres a difference that you're failing to understand.
As I suspected, you have nothing to back up your argument. Nice try.
You need to improve your reading comprehension, but I can't help you with that or your lazy fingers.

If a team is packing the box, in essence they are scared to play....thus coward is a proper noun used by Hope Solo.

Last edited:
FWIW, France also lost in the quarters, it's looking like a Brazil vs Germany GOLD medal match.

Canada beats France and a lot of the Canadian WNT players played NCAA D1 college soccer.

Janine Beckie-Texas Tech
Sinclair-U of Portland
Buchanan-West Virginia
Fleming-UCLA
Matheson-Princeton
Sophie Schmidt-U of Portland
Ashley Lawrence- West Virginia
Rebecca Quinn-Duke
Labbe-U Conn
Trancredi-Notre Dame

Last edited:
Back