2016 Summer Olympics

That's the kind of goal I like, just like Coach Brendler laid it out in 1961 - wing drive the ball deep toward the corner, flat cross, one-touch shot for the goal.

I don't understand what you mean.

Team drill - use a small goal with a large traffic cone in place of the keeper. Shots hitting the cone are saves and not scored even if they bounce in. Teaches players (hopefully) not to shoot at the keeper.

This led to cliche with my kids about games where the other side does not get a shot on goal - "we could have put the traffic cone in goal".

Well the scoring would certainly improve with a cone.
Some keepers - most notably the Chinese keeper when USA WNT played China scared the girls so much they would not look at her eyes and many kicked it off frame.

If the kicker is afraid of the keeper, or thinks the keeper has it covered the kicker is really shooting at a very small area. So missing the frame is both more understandable and the keeper gets credit for taking away the players options.

This is equally true in active play. One of the reasons I so dislike college statistics is they just measure saves/SOG when the keeper may have had something to do with that ball being shot off frame (and they get no credit for that). A well positioned keeper takes the options away for a shot, a good forward is targeting a very small area. Of course many just get excited and blow it, but after all my over thinking I just came down to a goal - shooter won, not a goal - keeper won.

Well the scoring would certainly improve with a cone.
Some keepers - most notably the Chinese keeper when USA WNT played China scared the girls so much they would not look at her eyes and many kicked it off frame.

If the kicker is afraid of the keeper, or thinks the keeper has it covered the kicker is really shooting at a very small area. So missing the frame is both more understandable and the keeper gets credit for taking away the players options.

This is equally true in active play. One of the reasons I so dislike college statistics is they just measure saves/SOG when the keeper may have had something to do with that ball being shot off frame (and they get no credit for that). A well positioned keeper takes the options away for a shot, a good forward is targeting a very small area. Of course many just get excited and blow it, but after all my over thinking I just came down to a goal - shooter won, not a goal - keeper won.

One of the big problems I see with young shooters (all the way through college age) is that they focus on the keeper so much that they end up shooting right at him.

One of the big problems I see with young shooters (all the way through college age) is that they focus on the keeper so much that they end up shooting right at him.
Very young players tend to shoot at the bright yellow jersey in the middle of the field.

I have seen two many cutesy pictures of winners biting their medals, inspired no doubt by photographers shouting "Bite the medal". In ancient times, biting a gold coin was a way to test it because of the softness of pure gold - bites would leave a mark. That works to a lesser degree for silver, and for bronze the athlete is just risking his teeth. (And the gold medals aren't pure gold anyway - they are mostly silver with a thin gold plating).

Yeah we lost but this game was 1000 times better than watching them constantly feed the ball to Wambach for a header. Pugh, Dunn, and Heath looked great.

So you are one of those that likes to look good losing. You should follow the NBA not soccer.

The blocking on this site is very good. I can't even see quotes of who I blocked. Those two almost make me think they are the same user.

Why do you frequently disparage other people's children? I don't see the point. Does it make you feel better?

Why do you waste the time creating multiple accounts in order to dislike my posts? Why do you talk crap about California when you know that you wished it was as nice in Arizona? Why do you drive a big car is it to compensate for something? I don't honestly care about offending people because the reality is the people who I go after are asking for it. Maybe if people in America got smacked down a little more when they are clearly being a jerk, are clearly wrong or clearly just being a trouble maker then the behavior would cease.

If you don't want the hot buttered truth don't ask for it. Just lurk. Otherwise I am going to make it my personal mission to smack you down at every opportunity until you either disappear or wave a white flag and kiss my lily white a$$.

Why do you waste the time creating multiple accounts in order to dislike my posts? Why do you talk crap about California when you know that you wished it was as nice in Arizona? Why do you drive a big car is it to compensate for something? I don't honestly care about offending people because the reality is the people who I go after are asking for it. Maybe if people in America got smacked down a little more when they are clearly being a jerk, are clearly wrong or clearly just being a trouble maker then the behavior would cease.

If you don't want the hot buttered truth don't ask for it. Just lurk. Otherwise I am going to make it my personal mission to smack you down at every opportunity until you either disappear or wave a white flag and kiss my lily white a$$.

Jerk.

So what you really mean is....

67247267.jpg

(My bad....sort of a picture perfect moment)

Back