2006 - ODP Player Pool

Based on the recent activity (or lack there of) in assumejng this is just getting swept under the carpet?

Eagles 06 playing up, that in my opinion is the best player on the 05 team is also omitted from this list.
Right! Willy's kid! Great player!

I don't browse the 06's that much and just caught this last night.
Thank you guys for the kind words!!
Both your girls are awesome players, and I wish much success to them going forward whatever they do.

Quick question for someone who has dug into the whole ODP thing deeper than me.
If for some reason one of the 06's playing up happens to get their name picked while playing in 05 NC, would they stay in the 05 pool or would they add to the long list of 06's that already made it? Or would they possibly have a choice to pick one or the other?

I don't browse the 06's that much and just caught this last night.
Thank you guys for the kind words!!
Both your girls are awesome players, and I wish much success to them going forward whatever they do.

Quick question for someone who has dug into the whole ODP thing deeper than me.
If for some reason one of the 06's playing up happens to get their name picked while playing in 05 NC, would they stay in the 05 pool or would they add to the long list of 06's that already made it? Or would they possibly have a choice to pick one or the other?
Educated guess here, but I think if picked they would participate in the age group they play in. So if your daughter was picked she would try out for 05. We have an 06 who also plays up. But here is an example of an 06 not chosen. One of our players prior to the SCDSL season played 05 for our Gold team. She then came back down. At SC she was not selected and in my opinion should have. All we could surmise was that her name did not appear on the list for which ODP scouts were given.

There was a revised/updated list that included girls playing up on the 05's; 1 from Blues(LD) and 1 from Strikers(CB)

Back from tryouts.

- SH was def a little salty at the morning orientation LOL.
- Because a lot of girls showed up we were split into two groups. One worked out on the football/soccer/track field, and the other in a natural grass area behind the baseball field. The natural grass area was preferable because you didn't get roasted by the heat bouncing back from the bleachers, and also because the ball rolls differently on turf, which took the girls out of their game for a bit.
- Tryouts were 100% scrimmages. The first round of scrimmages were short-sided 9v9, the rest were full sided 11v11.
- No refs, no coaches, no fouls called.
- Because a smaller number of boys showed up (Development Academy) the girls were able to use the fields more and we got out of there earlier than expected on both days (thank goodness)
- Girls got matching tops, shorts, and socks to wear and keep
- Next official ODP event isn't until December (if you don't count summer camp)
- Forwards and midfielders were overrepresented. Players identifying themselves as centerbacks were particularly underrepresented. They'd scrimmage for 20 minutes, get some water, and then switch out some players. The back line would stay mostly untouched, while the mids and fowards were switch up.

My daughter had fun, made some new friends, and is moving on to the next round. I'm sure the list will be posted later, but there will be plenty of familiar names if you follow this age group. I believe Anaheim Surf got 4 players, Albion got 4, San Diego Surf got 2. West Coast FC got 1 I believe. A couple of Legends girls.

I know someone who took the trouble of taping the announcement, writing down all the names and teams to share with our coach. But IDK if it's cool to post girls' full names here.

I know someone who took the trouble of taping the announcement, writing down all the names and teams to share with our coach. But IDK if it's cool to post girls' full names here.

I don't see why not they were already all initially posted online when releasing the player pool.

Did they change things up for this year for the 06's and make the final player decisions this past weekend? We have seen before them cut down to 36 initially. Bring that group back for a session and determine who will go to the summer camp. Bring the entire group of 36 plus maybe a few extras for a winter session and announce the team at that time.

Did they change things up for this year for the 06's and make the final player decisions this past weekend? We have seen before them cut down to 36 initially. Bring that group back for a session and determine who will go to the summer camp. Bring the entire group of 36 plus maybe a few extras for a winter session and announce the team at that time.

March 11 & 12: 130 girls go to tryouts at Ventura college. Cut down to 37.
March 19: 37 girls (plus a few extra 06 players playing up in 05 who didn't attend the last week's tryouts) attend last day of tryouts at Ventura college. Cuts are made to 22.

Next ODP related event is the summer camp.

After that, next ODP related event is after the season in December or January (can't remember).

Edit: It's unclear if there will be any competition for these 06 girls, or if it's just the summer camp and a random training session during the fall.

March 11 & 12: 130 girls go to tryouts at Ventura college. Cut down to 37.
March 19: 37 girls (plus a few extra 06 players playing up in 05 who didn't attend the last week's tryouts) attend last day of tryouts at Ventura college. Cuts are made to 22.

Next ODP related event is the summer camp.

After that, next ODP related event is after the season in December or January (can't remember).

Edit: It's unclear if there will be any competition for these 06 girls, or if it's just the summer camp and a random training session during the fall.
Pretty much. There were 130 the first weekend. A few new faces the second weekend (girls playing up in 05 that has lost out in National Cup). I counted 39. My understanding is the announced 22 go to the camp in July and then back to a try out at the end of December in Fullerton where the pool will be larger again. Cuts will be made again to (22?) and from there ?? Arizona was mentioned as a possibility depending on $$.

I have to say the number of very talented players in Ventura was amazing and all the young ladies should be commended for their heart and determination in what surely was a stressful, pressurized situation. Congrats to them!

Congrats to those that made it. My favorite player to watch last year unfortunately did not make the list, it was TK from Legends.

Lots of top players playing up too did not make it but their time will definitely come.

Back