2006 - ODP Player Pool

So will '06 ODP play 9v9?

I'm pretty sure it will be 11 v 11. Both weekends of tryouts they played 11 v 11 and when selecting the girls they said they were selecting 2 players for every position on the Field (22 Total)

If you are chosen for the summer training camp in Ojai, there is no charge (although there is a $125 meal fee). Not sure why you bring up the option to sign up for $595 and participate anyway if you are NOT chosen for the summer training camp. I don't know if we are talking about the same thing. Do you mean the public camp (which is on different dates and doesn't pretend to be an ID camp)? If you're upset that the public ODP camp is just a cash cow, I'm not sure what that has to do with the selection of the 2006 player pool. It doesn't apply to them if they make it through the process. If they don't make it through, they can sign up for all sorts of soccer camps and pay $595 or more. That's not really an indictment of ODP. If you mean that players invited to the player pool, but not selected for the final 18-22, are permitted to pay to sign up for the actual ODP camp (not the public one) if they pay, that's news to me. It's not indicated on any of the materials, but if it's true, then it seems like parents would definitely have their eyes wide open if they pay the $$. After all, they know that their kids were not in the selected pool, so they know it's basically just a camp with a guarantee of higher level of competition than the public camp at the same price, which actually doesn't sound like such a bad deal for parents who had the dough to pay for the public camp in the first place.

Can anyone confirm this point? About who gets to attend the camp in July?

Just wondering about the selection of the 22 girls to ODP ID CAMP IN OJAI?

Is this July camp ONLY for the 22 players selected? Or anyone who pays the money can attend this ODP ID CAMP?

Can anyone confirm this point? About who gets to attend the camp in July?

Just wondering about the selection of the 22 girls to ODP ID CAMP IN OJAI?

Is this July camp ONLY for the 22 players selected? Or anyone who pays the money can attend this ODP ID CAMP?
I know you're trying to confirm my description, but I can clarify if that would help. Cal South just sent out a mailer advertising the ODP camps for this summer, which includes all variation of day camp, residential, elite development, GK/Striker etc camps. Those are the public camps for anyone. There are a couple of weeks in July where no camps are listed on the mailer. Those are reserved for the invitation-only ODP training camps for the kids selected from the various tryout camps (one week for all girls selected and one week for all boys selected). There will be multiple age groups at each of those sessions, but they will only be kids identified and selected as part of the tryout camps for their respective age groups.

I know you're trying to confirm my description, but I can clarify if that would help. Cal South just sent out a mailer advertising the ODP camps for this summer, which includes all variation of day camp, residential, elite development, GK/Striker etc camps. Those are the public camps for anyone. There are a couple of weeks in July where no camps are listed on the mailer. Those are reserved for the invitation-only ODP training camps for the kids selected from the various tryout camps (one week for all girls selected and one week for all boys selected). There will be multiple age groups at each of those sessions, but they will only be kids identified and selected as part of the tryout camps for their respective age groups.

Thanks! You are right, just asking for clarification and was not doubting. Thanks for clarifying.

Congrats to those that made it. My favorite player to watch last year unfortunately did not make the list, it was TK from Legends.

Lots of top players playing up too did not make it but their time will definitely come.

Yes Congrats to those that made it.
But it looks like BW strikes again. Its some great players on that AS team. But the only player that makes it off that team BW Screwing around with the mom!
(That's just one of the moms) oh I forgot he is a ODP coach. CalSouth,ODP, AS loves BW. He gets away with everything.

Yes Congrats to those that made it.
But it looks like BW strikes again. Its some great players on that AS team. But the only player that makes it off that team BW Screwing around with the mom!
(That's just one of the moms) oh I forgot he is a ODP coach. CalSouth,ODP, AS loves BW. He gets away with everything.

I was in Ventura both weekends with my DD (who didn't make the cut of 22) and I seen the AS girl play. She was very fast and scored 6 goals in one game and 3 in the other I watched. I don't remember her much from League but she definitely stood out at these tryouts.

I was in Ventura both weekends with my DD (who didn't make the cut of 22) and I seen the AS girl play. She was very fast and scored 6 goals in one game and 3 in the other I watched. I don't remember her much from League but she definitely stood out at these tryouts.
It's always a shame when a kids talents are overshadowed by the actions of adults!

Don't know just know he was standing at our corner for a game with his pen and paper and a Roster...he was attempting to look official

Back