Sporting California! What are they doing?

Depends how they are organized but most of the time hubs are affiliates with separate accounting.

Don’t know how the ecnl side works but in mls next there’s all play down issue for the benchers. Futures and reserve players need a place to get actual playtime experience. Some mls next teams for example carry upwards towards 30 players, with anything over 18 unable to dress.
NPL used to relegate worst teams every year, maybe to politically incorrect to do that now I do not know?

You must be one of those parents that signed contracts to an unknown and undeserved RL roster spot.. while the main ECNL-RL teams are withholding giving out contracts or asking parents not to make payments!

Money doesn’t buy success! You’ve got to earn it
Gimmee' a break, making ECNL is 60% politics and 40% skill....

Yes but I believe ECNL,---and I believe for all the letter leagues as a matter of fact--require all NL/RL games on a given day to take place at the same facility. So in other words I don't think you can have 2010 RL playing in Temecula in 2009 RL playing at Silver Lakes
Ummmm... Were talking girls club soccer here... Anything goes...

If the JL teams end up losing to the current RL Ontario teams it sounds like the Temecula Branch is going to implode. If the Ontario RL Teams lose, it sounds like they are going to implode. Just wait for the Sporting RL2 drama to ignite when those teams are designated. Sounds like Sporting sold two or three spots to five or six teams 🤑🤑🤑.

Socal Elite: Watch This!
Sporting USA: Hold my Beer!!!!
SoCal Elite has coveted Sporting's ECNL designation for at least 4-5 years now...

$10 says (assume ECRL goes to North) both teams wind up being weaker than they were. The losers will be upset they didn't get the spot, perhaps relying on promises that were made, and the best players start looking elsewhere. The winners seem to be in some chaos anyway and the way they were treated convinces people the club isn't going to look out after them to rebuild effectively. Everyone comes away feeling mad and betrayed esp. given it was close.
Sporting 08' ECRL is almost playerless, getting stomped in this weekends (June 21- ) Temecula Tournament... They got balls sporting gotta' give em' that and a lot of desperate parents...

I don’t understand the obsession of RL2. Not all states have RL2. You don’t know yet if college coaches care about watching RL2 teams. Now with NCAA having to pay elite athletes, scholarships will suffer.

I don’t understand the obsession of RL2. Not all states have RL2. You don’t know yet if college coaches care about watching RL2 teams. Now with NCAA having to pay elite athletes, scholarships will suffer.
It creates a pathway for the smaller local clubs to gain access to ECRL via the teams performances in RL2, vice politicking and networking. Which in turn gives that same underdog a chance to get into ECNL if the teams can hold up in ECRL. Here in SOCAL it is basically a league name change for the Tier 3 teams; NPL to RL2, with the additional layer of promotion from Tier 3 (RL2) to Tier 2 (ECRL). Not sure if there will be relegation from the bottom ECRL teams to RL2.

It creates a pathway for the smaller local clubs to gain access to ECRL via the teams performances in RL2, vice politicking and networking. Which in turn gives that same underdog a chance to get into ECNL if the teams can hold up in ECRL. Here in SOCAL it is basically a league name change for the Tier 3 teams; NPL to RL2, with the additional layer of promotion from Tier 3 (RL2) to Tier 2 (ECRL). Not sure if there will be relegation from the bottom ECRL teams to RL2.
And for the bigger clubs it's just a marketing tool.

uuu!!.. Do tell.. what teams???
Have no clue what teams this person is talking about. The head director "PJ" was at the games and all rosters carefully checked. I can vouch that neither the 08 or 09 teams had any players outside of the ECRL rosters from this season. While the 08 team is struggling and have some players injured or out right now, they still beat Lawlor's team 2-0.

How is it a marketing tool? It sounds better to Facebook if you say your kid is on a SoCal flight 1 team as oppose to a ECRL2 team.
I think a lot parents would disagree. They are already falling for the ECRL title. I assume a patch will follow. And nobody is putting the "2" after it except people who aren't on those teams. Official name is ECRL SoCal.

Have no clue what teams this person is talking about. The head director "PJ" was at the games and all rosters carefully checked. I can vouch that neither the 08 or 09 teams had any players outside of the ECRL rosters from this season. While the 08 team is struggling and have some players injured or out right now, they still beat Lawlor's team 2-0.
I've heard this also. i think in some cases and don't quote me but some players where prevented from playing the challenge, due to them not being correctly imputed in the roster under what ever guide lines they stated.
Word on the street is NORTH sent "ringers" to play in these games- pathetic!
something tells me your kid was in one of these teams that lost..if that's true then - pathetic!
congratulate and move on.

I've heard this also. i think in some cases and don't quote me but some players where prevented from playing the challenge, due to them not being correctly imputed in the roster under what ever guide lines they stated.

something tells me your kid was in one of these teams that lost..if that's true then - pathetic!
I believe the 07 team had to foreit the challenge as they had attempted to use a keeper who had just signed with the team (but didn't play in the regular RL season).

What's wrong Daddy found a bad team and is unhappy???

What's wrong Daddy found a bad team and is unhappy???
Late for the Fathers day remembering, but thnx for DADDY.... How can i be unhappy? Im not blaming or accusing another club branch for using ringers. Since we're gonna blame someone else then and not hold the right people responsible in this, (the south coaches for making a pitiful attempt at a take over) then lets blame the refs.. WORD ON THE STREET IS THAT THE REFS WERE BRIBED BY THE NORTH AND THATS WHY YOU LOST, I MEAN THE SOUTH LOST

I doubt college coaches cared much about watching teams below ECNL/GA on the girls side and ECNL/MLSNext on the boys side even before the NCAA settlement. Not that there aren't good kids below those levels. I believe a kid from Elk Grove EA got offered a spot on UCLA. But generally you get more concentrated talent at the higher levels and the play is better because of it. College soccer programs don't have robust scouting budgets. The coaches go to those top league showcases, league post-season, and prominent open tournaments with top level teams competing to see who might project. Much more bang for your small budge buck this way.

Late for the Fathers day remembering, but thnx for DADDY.... How can i be unhappy? Im not blaming or accusing another club branch for using ringers. Since we're gonna blame someone else then and not hold the right people responsible in this, (the south coaches for making a pitiful attempt at a take over) then lets blame the refs.. WORD ON THE STREET IS THAT THE REFS WERE BRIBED BY THE NORTH AND THATS WHY YOU LOST, I MEAN THE SOUTH LOST
Dude you live in a girls club soccer fishbowl.... I wouldn't use a Sporting jersey for toilet paper...

Back