Sporting California! What are they doing?

I don't follow. The North was playing at a huge disadvantage with missing players caused by this "challenge" game. From what was stated, the winning team would retain the true ECRL spot. How did they lose? Congrats to the north! Now let's move forward!

100% if she won. 0% if she lost.
and Yea, they played at the Ontario Soccer Complex. The North won 1-0 with no goalie and only 2 subs since most of the girls left before the game.
Before this game, a handful of players did not show up for the last ECRL game due to the same instability they saw that would happen. Had they won that game, they would have made the ECRL playoffs.
Really sad when you think of the domino effect.
Oh nO! Does JL make a play for the E64 or RL2 teams next? Watch out Sporting USA San Diego your in the hot seat now, challenge incoming.??.

I don't follow. The North was playing at a huge disadvantage with missing players caused by this "challenge" game. From what was stated, the winning team would retain the true ECRL spot. How did they lose? Congrats to the north! Now let's move forward!
No, we are NOT moving forward. We need to drag this out as long as possible for our entertainment. I am making a motion that we move the challenge game to best 2 out of 3!

When you think about it… North actually lost. The goal differential shows the main branch B team is only about as good as the affiliates’ A teams. This legitimizes the need to have this kind of competition.
Maybe cuz English is my second language but please explain how? i dont understand how a team with a FULL roster losing to a team with 1:NO GOALIE (assuming a field player had to play), 2:SHORT ON PLAYERS, 3: JUST CAME FROM A HIT OF NOT MAKING PLAYOFFS plus the instability the club gave these players/families. The only real winner here to be honest is coach MS, who might not get all the credit he deserves.

$10 says (assume ECRL goes to North) both teams wind up being weaker than they were. The losers will be upset they didn't get the spot, perhaps relying on promises that were made, and the best players start looking elsewhere. The winners seem to be in some chaos anyway and the way they were treated convinces people the club isn't going to look out after them to rebuild effectively. Everyone comes away feeling mad and betrayed esp. given it was close.

$10 says (assume ECRL goes to North) both teams wind up being weaker than they were. The losers will be upset they didn't get the spot, perhaps relying on promises that were made, and the best players start looking elsewhere. The winners seem to be in some chaos anyway and the way they were treated convinces people the club isn't going to look out after them to rebuild effectively. Everyone comes away feeling mad and betrayed esp. given it was close.
Agreed. But the South team will not move. The parents are too prideful and JL will blackball them.
I believe this was the 2nd game between the teams. The first went to the South 2-1 back in May. Maybe that's why JL asked for a "Challenge" game.

Agreed. But the South team will not move. The parents are too prideful and JL will blackball them.
I believe this was the 2nd game between the teams. The first went to the South 2-1 back in May. Maybe that's why JL asked for a "Challenge" game.
Incorrect! JL’s team played OC (Mission Viejo) in May and won 2-1..

Every time I type Sporting USA into the internet machine this story gets a little bit better.

My predictions:
Sporting USA North picks up 3-4 players per team from these tryout sessions to strengthen them up due to the current players looking to go elsewhere at the first available opportunity moving forward due to the deceptive timing of this "challenge". The North coaches are jaded due to the attempted coup, so only a handful of the new players come from Sporting USA South (Temecula), most of the new players come from other clubs in the area. The players picked up from the South are the strongest Players at the club, so the South teams will be weaker moving into the upcoming season. South parents are pissed, so one of two scenarios happen.
#1- Sporting pulls the rug out from under Sporting USA San Diego South (El Cajon), by giving South (Temecula) the RL2 teams in order to salvage the false promises and keep South from moving under a different banner yet again during the upcoming season. Sporting USA San Diego South implodes due to the false promises and the players dissolve into the East County Surf E64 and Legends San Diego E64 where most of them have played previously.
#2- Sporting pulls the rug out from under Sporting USA South (Temecula), by not giving them any of the RL/2 teams, because they have already been promised to San Diego South (El Cajon) to get them to switch over from the Rebels banner. South (Temecula) revolts from Sporting and moves to play under another banner, and possibly (with the number of previous NPL teams they carry) picks up RL2 for all those teams on their own, under a new banner in the SOCAL League.

I'm leaning towards #2, but could see it going either way. Not sure how much a threat Sporting North would see Temecula as, if they had their own independent RL/2 program. The perceived future threat could push Sporting toward burning bridges in San Diego South instead. Sporting San Diego South (previously Rebels East..United..OVC) is made up of olders teams/players who have resisted integrating into EC Surf, Sporting SD, and Legends SD; they don't really have much a youngers presence. I expect San Diego South will fade out within the next few years as the olders age out regardless of which programs they have. Sporting may see this as well and decide to burn San Diego South instead as there is not a very promising future for them in the area.

Heres a thought!!???? Since it was mostly if not all of JL teams that were doing this challenges. Don't yall think that maybe she was looking for not her teams to be RL with a possibility of being NL but trying put her self into position to take the place of the new ECNL director? If her teams win the category she will have more leverage to demand that position.

N.M from Redlands was named the new ecnl director . Anyone have any reaction from the new director ? Or does this have her blessing . ... if so everyone should move on and prepare for next season .

N.M from Redlands was named the new ecnl director . Anyone have any reaction from the new director ? Or does this have her blessing . ... if so everyone should move on and prepare for next season .
You realize you can just not read these messages, right? Instead of trying to telll people what they should talk about.

Looks like Sporting South 10’s and 11’s got ECRL SoCal, per a new instagram post. Plus JL commented on the post before this with the flag. Never dull moment in club soccer. lol.
Still I’m a bit mixed in this. I think it’s a good thing to have ECRL brought into the Temecula area as I brings more options. Yet more options just continue to dilute the talent pool. Everything just gets thinned out. Maybe it will gradually correct itself, who knows. Wish the girls playing, the best, wherever or whoever they decide to go to, regardless.

Looks like Sporting South 10’s and 11’s got ECRL SoCal, per a new instagram post. Plus JL commented on the post before this with the flag. Never dull moment in club soccer. lol.
Still I’m a bit mixed in this. I think it’s a good thing to have ECRL brought into the Temecula area as I brings more options. Yet more options just continue to dilute the talent pool. Everything just gets thinned out. Maybe it will gradually correct itself, who knows. Wish the girls playing, the best, wherever or whoever they decide to go to, regardless.
The issue has never been about who should have it and why?? The issue is how the club went about it.. especially when you have teams that had a good season, and to just pull the rug from underneath.. it just isn’t fair to the players and families.

The challenge games, just shows that the club is not paying attention to its teams, as someone else mentioned on here.. there was a huge disadvantage for the north 10’s going into the game.. a 1-0 win looks like a competitive game, but in reality it wasn’t that close of a game.

As of now the North is 3-0 in the challenge games! You have to remember, these teams have been through a long season dealing with injuries and players leaving because of this challenge and finding other options other then Sporting and not be able to recruit players..

So yes, these teams that are challenging do have a shot, but there are many other things to consider as to who has the advantage..

The issue has never been about who should have it and why?? The issue is how the club went about it.. especially when you have teams that had a good season, and to just pull the rug from underneath.. it just isn’t fair to the players and families.

The challenge games, just shows that the club is not paying attention to its teams, as someone else mentioned on here.. there was a huge disadvantage for the north 10’s going into the game.. a 1-0 win looks like a competitive game, but in reality it wasn’t that close of a game.

As of now the North is 3-0 in the challenge games! You have to remember, these teams have been through a long season dealing with injuries and players leaving because of this challenge and finding other options other then Sporting and not be able to recruit players..

So yes, these teams that are challenging do have a shot, but there are many other things to consider as to who has the advantage..
Just an update on this..

The North went 5-0 on the challenge games..

The way to solve for this isn’t by causing more chaos in your organization. There’s a reason clubs don’t do this…it causes huge instability in your teams and instability is a signal for parents to stay away. Where it has happened before where they separate the first team and second teams into different areas (not different hubs) it’s generally when it’s gone poorly for the club and they had to reorganize like laufa.

The true culprit is the letter leagues which serve to lock out the smaller clubs from access. The negative impact to consumers this has is illustrated by whats happening here. I’ve long held the theory that it’s legally problematic, particularly when like with mls next there doesn’t seem to be a rhyme or reason for why some clubs are in and others aren’t, particularly after what happened in Texas and the Red Bulls/lasc thing.
Lets take a step back, most, if not all soccer clubs are run horribly from a child's/teen's perspective. A few may turn a profit but the misery they create is 10 fold...

These teams will be playing hard. No league consequences for red cards due to it basically being an internal scrimmage. Anyone want to take odds on how many players end up with serious injuries? Sporting could end up hobbling multiple teams under their umbrella.
Word on the street is sporting north sent "ringers" for each game....

Back