Sporting California! What are they doing?

I'd love to come watch these games just for the drama of it all and the pearl-clutching of the dads! Anyway, I have a feeling the club will withdraw this deal if there's an unexpected upset. Considering there's just about zero loyalty or honoring one's word in this biz.
These teams will be playing hard. No league consequences for red cards due to it basically being an internal scrimmage. Anyone want to take odds on how many players end up with serious injuries? Sporting could end up hobbling multiple teams under their umbrella.

I can see both sides to this argument. Hey, if you have a good smaller size club team why not just take over that spot based one one game? The people on here agreeing with this - has your player ever been in this position that their team has been taken over and displaced by another? We have been in this position with another club on the boys' side and it's not fun or funny to my child. In Sporting's case, we have girls coming from all over the IE, OC and LA areas to the main Sporting Hub out of Ontario/Walnut where it's always been to make that NL or RL commitment. One of the reasons we decided to try out there in the first place was location of the NL/RL hub. If that hub is moving to Temecula, then yep we probably wouldn't bother trying out for NL/RL for Sporting. But now the RL will be limited mainly to girls in Temecula area unless parents are willing to make that drive to training 3x a week. But doesn't appear that this coach is looking to add to the team, but to keep the girls she always has had, is my understanding. Look at Legends. If you want to play on a top girls team there your butt better be driving out to Silverlakes 3x per week for training. If you don't like it, then play at a local club which may be a big or small club. Hopefully this team understands the money, travel and time commitment required for NL/RL and this isn't just a desire of the coach. RL level at Sporting has now been determined by one game and not multiple weeks of trying out and seeing how players all fit in with one another and whether these players can play at this level against the dominant clubs like Legends, Surf, Slammers. And because of this upheaval, we will be looking for a new club whether this game is win or loss.
I don’t think they are proposing moving the ecrl hub to Temecula. They are proposing having ecrl teams all over the place. People no longer have to drive all the way to Ontario for ecrl. I guess it could be a good thing or a bad thing depending on where you live. This will give the satellite locations a boost.

I don’t think they are proposing moving the ecrl hub to Temecula. They are proposing having ecrl teams all over the place. People no longer have to drive all the way to Ontario for ecrl. I guess it could be a good thing or a bad thing depending on where you live. This will give the satellite locations a boost.
Yes but I believe ECNL,---and I believe for all the letter leagues as a matter of fact--require all NL/RL games on a given day to take place at the same facility. So in other words I don't think you can have 2010 RL playing in Temecula in 2009 RL playing at Silver Lakes

Not having ecrl at the same location as ecnl will likely help keeping ecrl teams together longer. I have seen B teams losing their best players to the A team and become unstable.
I don’t think this internal competition should be held annually…maybe having it every two years will allow time for development.

I have seen B teams losing their best players to the A team and become unstable.

Yes, agreed, but if you had the players in that exact position explain their motivation to you - wouldn't almost all of them say they are playing hard in order to win a spot on the A team if/when it becomes available? Putting additional or geographic barriers to try and keep talented B team players from being able to make that jump isn't a recipe for success either - those same players would be looking for additional opportunities elsewhere if they (and others observing them) believe they could succeed at the NL level.

Not having ecrl at the same location as ecnl will likely help keeping ecrl teams together longer. I have seen B teams losing their best players to the A team and become unstable.
I don’t think this internal competition should be held annually…maybe having it every two years will allow time for development.
Oh I meant more all the RL (of NL for that matter) games in a given day have to be played at the same facility. From what I understand usually when RL is home their NL team is away- not always but usually.

Also keep in mind that that there are many clubs who have coaches who coach multiple teams. So lets say a Slammers coach coaches 2008 and 2009 RL and they are playing SC--again as per example its would be shocking that the league would allow 2008 to be at one affiliate location and the other to be 40 miles away at another

Not if you don’t know where the rl team is going to be for any particular year at any particular satellite. Esp if you find out the home hub where all home games take place is Temecula and you have to commute 50% of the time there and with no home games of your own. Only works if they move the rl hub permanently

$10 says that’s what’s going to happen if they move it. Like Laufa they’ll just grandfather in a few teams say they are basically moving the hub for evolving reasons. grandfathered teams, if any will get angry at the commute, eventually they fall apart and eventually it will all be at 1 hub. That hub will be happy. Everyone else will be pissed. And the ecnl team will be hob nobbed at recruitment after a while. It’s totally a repeat of laufa playbook except with this silly justification of playing for the spot to give decisions already made a veneer of meritocratic decision making.

If they are planning on having ECRL teams everywhere, then why would they be having a battle for the top ECRL spot. Doesn’t make any sense. Isn’t it up to ECRL how many teams a club gets? Sporting can’t just say” we now have ECRL for every sporting branch”

Yes, agreed, but if you had the players in that exact position explain their motivation to you - wouldn't almost all of them say they are playing hard in order to win a spot on the A team if/when it becomes available? Putting additional or geographic barriers to try and keep talented B team players from being able to make that jump isn't a recipe for success either - those same players would be looking for additional opportunities elsewhere if they (and others observing them) believe they could succeed at the NL level.
It’s the parents who will push the move to the A team. They often get disappointed when they find out that an A team coach is only looking to improve his starting lineup. Once the ego gets bruised, they end up leaving. If the A and B teams aren’t in the same location, it’s harder to hurt their feelings.

Oh I meant more all the RL (of NL for that matter) games in a given day have to be played at the same facility. From what I understand usually when RL is home their NL team is away- not always but usually.

Also keep in mind that that there are many clubs who have coaches who coach multiple teams. So lets say a Slammers coach coaches 2008 and 2009 RL and they are playing SC--again as per example its would be shocking that the league would allow 2008 to be at one affiliate location and the other to be 40 miles away at another
They can all play at Silverlake then.

I'd love to come watch these games just for the drama of it all and the pearl-clutching of the dads! Anyway, I have a feeling the club will withdraw this deal if there's an unexpected upset. Considering there's just about zero loyalty or honoring one's word in this biz.
Can somebody please tell Sporting that there is a LOT of interest from us to watch this game? Please post time/location...we'll even pay $10 for entrance fee.

Why wouldn’t parents want their players to move to the ECNL team if they deserve it? I think that’s the point of ECRL…
That’s what they sell you. Didn’t someone already mentioned that the B team exists to help pay for the A team? If that’s true, does it matter if the B team is in Temecula or Ontario.

That’s what they sell you. Didn’t someone already mentioned that the B team exists to help pay for the A team? If that’s true, does it matter if the B team is in Temecula or Ontario.
Depends how they are organized but most of the time hubs are affiliates with separate accounting.

Don’t know how the ecnl side works but in mls next there’s all play down issue for the benchers. Futures and reserve players need a place to get actual playtime experience. Some mls next teams for example carry upwards towards 30 players, with anything over 18 unable to dress.

Depends how they are organized but most of the time hubs are affiliates with separate accounting.

Don’t know how the ecnl side works but in mls next there’s all play down issue for the benchers. Futures and reserve players need a place to get actual playtime experience. Some mls next teams for example carry upwards towards 30 players, with anything over 18 unable to dress.
I know parents from Ontario aren’t happy about this and understandably so. But I do admire Sporting for trying this and share the goods with their satellite locations. My kid played for a small club and I understand how difficult it is to attract players when you don’t have access to the letter leagues. Good teams are forced to break up at 11-12 when players leave to join clubs with access. He plays for a big club now but I will always root for the small guys trying to survive.

Exactly......... so what's not to say that the affiliates are not using this whole "opportunity" as a money grab for themselves?

Exactly......... so what's not to say that the affiliates are not using this whole "opportunity" as a money grab for themselves?

They absolutely are. Jenny charged 3k per head and scholarshiped a few key players to try and break up MSA, City Temecula, and Empire Surf using ECRL as her ploy. She tried to get ECRL when she was running Legends Temecula but the North wasn't having it. Then she moved to MSA to 'Unite the Valley' and got fired for who knows what. and now she is recruiting for sporting saying they have ECRL. Not to mention she is coaching 5 teams with sub-in coaches. It's a cluster, to say the least. Good luck to the parents...and the kids who were moved cause of their parents.

Back