Get ready folks

The MLS Next and NWSL Next thing needs to die. Its stupid. Please tell me how many girls and boys actually go to the pros and bypass college? What a handful over the past 5 years. Its ridiculous. They need to be able to go to college and play the sport they love and get an education and have their sport pay for it, graduate and get a good job and live their life. Some can continue to play in the pros or national level. That's how it should work. But yeah that's going away. If that normal pathway does go away which his what's starting to happen everyone is going to question why these kids and parents are evening spending the money and resources and time to even play high level soccer. If anyone is playing ECNL and in high school and tells you their kids grades are not suffering because of their sport then they are straight up lying to you. All that time could be spent on school work so if the only pathway to college is school work and not sport then the sport goes away which means the ECNL goes away for Girls for example. Or they still have it but the level of play is going to seriously drop.
What's wrong with what you're describing?

Also it's not like college sports are going to go away. Baseball has Pro and Minor league levels of play and College baseball still exists.

The same type of thing i was describing could happen to baseball. If players wash out of Pro or Minor league teams they'd still be able to play in college.

Just curious with this statement.
what I'm saying is all these NIL judgments and NCAA changes is making it harder and harder for kids to get into a college and play their sport. If they make it too hard to get into college by playing a sport/grades then kids will forget the sport part and just focus on grades which means all these ECNL leagues and all their money is going to go bye bye. Look at what happened this year with the roster rules. Poor kids that had verbal's years ago had them pulled and they had to start all over because when it came time to officially sign this year their roster spot was no more. Imagine if that was your kid.

what I'm saying is all these NIL judgments and NCAA changes is making it harder and harder for kids to get into a college and play their sport. If they make it too hard to get into college by playing a sport/grades then kids will forget the sport part and just focus on grades which means all these ECNL leagues and all their money is going to go bye bye. Look at what happened this year with the roster rules. Poor kids that had verbal's years ago had them pulled and they had to start all over because when it came time to officially sign this year their roster spot was no more. Imagine if that was your kid.
Life isn't fair bro. It sounds harsh but that's what all the sages on here told me in 2018. I came on this forum in 2013, and it was fun and all we did was talk smack with each other about who was #1. My little goat got called up to the Soccer Motherships and I was not allowed to post on the forum from the Docs who ruled me because I was helping my kid with her dream. Back then most of us knew each other on here by the way. I obeyed the Docs out of respect to the rules. I did come and lurk and saw how jerks would talk about my kid and other kids for leaving one Mothership to another. These clowns called my dd club hopper. After experiencing the cheating, lying, sleeping around and backroom deals that went on, I got sick to my stomach. You see, back in 2017, the Girls Development Academy took over youth soccer in Socal and the Docs got control of not only the college access, but the Youth National Team (YNT) list and it was bad dude. Talk about "poor kids." My kid was told to her face that she would make the first ever U14 girls National Team based on her stats, accomplishments, leadership skills and winning. These Docs sold this to the top goats and their parents in 2016. What it really was, was just a list that your kid got on and that list went to every top D1 coach in America. There was no camp bro, no nothing just that your child made some list that turned out to be worth $250,000 for a 4-year deal. I knew at this time I got played and my daughters sacrifice of 18 months to win #10 Natty for the club went down the tubes. Total BS at the time. She was only 13 with big dreams but the dream snatchers took it away. Today, I am super grateful that happen to her, but it doesn't make it right. This was before the rule change and all a kid had to do to get a college deal was email the college coach and you got full ride in 6th, 7th and 8th grade. Deals were going on like hot cakes. Fast forward to 2021. My daughter had full ride offers, but it came with a catch. You must be fully jabbed or no entry. Total bullshit and pure evil.

Last edited:
It sounds like you expect something in return for the $$$ spent on youth soccer.

That's not (or shouldn't be) how it works.

After a certain age merit not the amount of money spent should define who goes to the next level.

It sounds like you expect something in return for the $$$ spent on youth soccer.

That's not (or shouldn't be) how it works.

After a certain age merit not the amount of money spent should define who goes to the next level.
However, it's exactly how it works. I lived it and that's why experience trumps everything and gives me the wisdom today. Yes, the Docs and Club coaches like Paco come on here and some lurk and post BS! For example, my dd at 13 was told by 5 of the top Socal Docs that she was one of the top forwards in Socal. She was 13 and I'm not saying that today, FYI. After her MVP performance in FWR and leading her team to the Natty, she was told by her coach and Doc that she would be making the list. Maybe they & them were lying to her to get her to kickass and give up her life for 18 months. I was told Coach got $10K and his Natty on his resume got him a new gig and directorship at another top club. My daughter got retaliation and kicked out of the GDA. I will get to the bottom of it someday, trust me. I already have emails and text and the information provided on the forum has also helped as well:eek: These people lie all day long👹 So this is how it works for college soccer. If you got money and dd with excellent grades, high SAT and average soccer ability, your kid will be rated higher than my kid. I was poor and my dd only had honor roll status, but not Dean's list and no1500 SAT. That's how this game was played. No other sport for girls pulled this BS. TGIFF Carlsbad:cool:

Larzby, have anything else to add?

1727447913433.png

However, it's exactly how it works. I lived it and that's why experience trumps everything and gives me the wisdom today. Yes, the Docs and Club coaches like Paco come on here and some lurk and post BS! For example, my dd at 13 was told by 5 of the top Socal Docs that she was one of the top forwards in Socal. She was 13 and I'm not saying that today, FYI. After her MVP performance in FWR and leading her team to the Natty, she was told by her coach and Doc that she would be making the list. Maybe they & them were lying to her to get her to kickass and give up her life for 18 months. I was told Coach got $10K and his Natty on his resume got him a new gig and directorship at another top club. My daughter got retaliation and kicked out of the GDA. I will get to the bottom of it someday, trust me. I already have emails and text and the information provided on the forum has also helped as well:eek: These people lie all day long👹 So this is how it works for college soccer. If you got money and dd with excellent grades, high SAT and average soccer ability, your kid will be rated higher than my kid. I was poor and my dd only had honor roll status, but not Dean's list and no1500 SAT. That's how this game was played. No other sport for girls pulled this BS. TGIFF Carlsbad:cool:

Larzby, have anything else to add?

View attachment 23364
One of the coaches you love so much ;-) was benched by Blues and now coaches their second team. (AR)

Things are changing and they'll continue to change.

What you're describing still happens but it's not like it was 10 years ago. Hopefully in 10 years we can say the game has progressed an equal amount.

One of the coaches you love so much ;-) was benched by Blues and now coaches their second team. (AR)

Things are changing and they'll continue to change.

What you're describing still happens but it's not like it was 10 years ago. Hopefully in 10 years we can say the game has progressed an equal amount.
Karma man. He lied, lied some more and used his power of influence to control parents, their kids and then find the one's that would pay and worship him. If you kissed his ring, paid for his privates and then kissed his ass, then you got what you wanted, access. Not cool and he will pay for his lies. Yes, it's still happening but less and less and soon it will be all be blown up, a short pause and then a new way to play, pay for play. Money will not be how one pays to play either. Merit, fairness, equality and truth will rule the game.

I don't see NWSL academy league being a thing, sorry Carlsbad7. Why sink money into academies when NWSL teams are already just handpicking youth players here and there to tryout for the team? For existing NWSL academies (Thorns, Reign, Dash, Orlando, Louisville) how many have actually produced a homegrown player? NWSL teams without an academy (Wave, ACFC, Gotham, Current) look to be doing just fine hand picking youth players.

I don't see NWSL academy league being a thing, sorry Carlsbad7. Why sink money into academies when NWSL teams are already just handpicking youth players here and there to tryout for the team? For existing NWSL academies (Thorns, Reign, Dash, Orlando, Louisville) how many have actually produced a homegrown player? NWSL teams without an academy (Wave, ACFC, Gotham, Current) look to be doing just fine hand picking youth players.
I see it. All the NWSL teams will have top youth academy teams starting at U14/U15, like they do in Spain and most of the world. In fact, no one does what our country does with their youth. All free as well for these top goats. This will only be for the top goats. No sneaking in. It will only be based on merit. No parent will be able to buy their dd a spot either like they did with the Girls Development Academy. That league was a joke. Parents bought 25% starts as well. The rest who are not goats, will play in high school and AYSO.

I see it. All the NWSL teams will have top youth academy teams starting at U14/U15, like they do in Spain and most of the world. In fact, no one does what our country does with their youth. All free as well for these top goats. This will only be for the top goats. No sneaking in. It will only be based on merit. No parent will be able to buy their dd a spot either like they did with the Girls Development Academy. That league was a joke. Parents bought 25% starts as well. The rest who are not goats, will play in high school and AYSO.
So only the Goats 🐐 get to ride the high horse @crush ? Is that what we are getting at with your future prediction? 1727455280291.png

So only the Goats 🐐 get to ride the high horse @crush ? Is that what we are getting at with your future prediction? View attachment 23365
Yes sir Veritas. It's the way it should be. You see friend, I saw old pals buy their way onto the top team's and some who had more money and connection got their non goat a starting spot, just like you were sharing. The non-goat rich elite parent would then go on their social media accounts to brag about their dd accomplishments, which was really mommy and daddy paying for their accomplishments.

Believe whatever you want but what I see is that generally the women's game has followed the men's game. But, it's 10-15 years behind.

If NWSL wants to maintain marketshare and maintain viewership and patronage they'll need to engage with local communities.

MLS Next isn't all about finding the next big talent. It's also marketing for XYZ local team. Think of it this way if a youth player goes through an academy to whatever level what do you think the chances are that that particular MLS team has created a fan. They've also likely created fans with each players family member both direct and extended. This is what NWSL is missing out on by just picking top players around the world. Very few are overly engaged by a new defender from Angola until they prove themself on the field. However if a local player played on a NWSL it might turn out the entire local community.

FYI to all the cheaters. US Soccer is a part of FIFA and that means each club is a part of FIFA. The players, agents, coaches, owners in these leagues are also a part of FIFA. The facts are clear. EVERYONE that is a part of FIFA must adhere to the Code of Conduct. What is the code of ethics you ask?

"A culture of respect Our relationships with our team members and our member associations, as well as with confederations, officials, fans, players, partners, sponsors and third parties, are important to us. We always treat others in the way we expect to be treated, and we expect our third parties to act in the same way . Our working relationships must meet the values and spirit of our code of conduct. Everyone connected with football must be treated with fairness, respect and dignity. Our third parties must promote a positive work environment by treating others professionally and with mutual respect. We do not tolerate discrimination, sexual harassment or abuse of power of any kind." FIFA

Link Please: https://digitalhub.fifa.com/m/6734cf98cbeaa070/original/Code-of-Conduct-for-Third-Parties.pdf

Last edited:
Yes sir Veritas. It's the way it should be. You see friend, I saw old pals buy their way onto the top team's and some who had more money and connection got their non goat a starting spot, just like you were sharing. The non-goat rich elite parent would then go on their social media accounts to brag about their dd accomplishments, which was really mommy and daddy paying for their accomplishments.
The whatever little college scholarship remaining is helping to clean up the game. We are all playing for the love of the game and Instagram posts. We need to get rid college scholarships and kids should just play for fun.

What's wrong with what you're describing?

Also it's not like college sports are going to go away. Baseball has Pro and Minor league levels of play and College baseball still exists.

The same type of thing i was describing could happen to baseball. If players wash out of Pro or Minor league teams they'd still be able to play in college.
This should be the progression in soccer. A Major/Minor league for Pros. College sports will still exist, just like Tennis and Lacrosse, even Ice Hockey to some degree.
College football and basketball most likely will field professional athletes and the rest can stay amateur. Ivy League sports can be a good example of this.

Yep- no different than NBA and NFL using the NCAA as their de facto minor league.

The MLS Next and NWSL Next thing needs to die. Its stupid. Please tell me how many girls and boys actually go to the pros and bypass college? What a handful over the past 5 years. Its ridiculous. They need to be able to go to college and play the sport they love and get an education and have their sport pay for it, graduate and get a good job and live their life. Some can continue to play in the pros or national level. That's how it should work. But yeah that's going away. If that normal pathway does go away which his what's starting to happen everyone is going to question why these kids and parents are evening spending the money and resources and time to even play high level soccer. If anyone is playing ECNL and in high school and tells you their kids grades are not suffering because of their sport then they are straight up lying to you. All that time could be spent on school work so if the only pathway to college is school work and not sport then the sport goes away which means the ECNL goes away for Girls for example. Or they still have it but the level of play is going to seriously drop.

My kid's at an MLS Next club... but I agree with you... The academies just need to play other academies and stop using MLS Next club teams as cannon fodder to develop their academy kids... I guess the problem is the US is so big... that in between playing other academy teams... they want MLS Next teams to exist locally so they can get some games for their academy teams...

I honestly do think a lot of US youth soccer problems rise from the country being so big...

Back to July 31st cut off for age groups is incoming next year or so. The responses will be glorious when that is announced!
What's coming is the adjustment to, basically, graduation year. Not July 31 cutoff. Being voted on at the end of November by US Soccer although it sounds like it's pretty much a done deal.
Ridiculous idea as you will now have players with 2 year age gaps playing together because someone was held back a year or started school late. Makes it easy for college recruiting but US Soccer doesn't care about that.
It will cause teams to blowup. Again. Worst idea in the history of bad ideas by US Soccer. But it sounds like it's coming.

I haven't watched the whole thing, but the part on the reasons for youth soccer dropout rates is spot on. Its no longer fun at 14 and more about a coaches ego than anything else.

In terms of kids dropping out of soccer... Isn't this true not only for soccer but for a lot of youth sports... or even a lot of youth extracurricular activities (music, theatre, arts, etc) in general?

14 is a prime age... for wanting to hang out with the boys/girls... date... and not having to do those extra trainings... and go to sleep early on Friday nights... for an 8a games on Saturdays...

Back