GA 2020-2021 Season

I tend to agree. As most great players say in whatever sport is being played... you must be comfortable with being uncomfortable and that goes for all aspects of the game.
Speaking of uncomfortable... the GA tournament day 1 was awesome! Tough, gritty games. Most within 1-3 goal differential. No blowouts. Girls stepped up and played their butts off in 30 degree weather.
 

Attachments

  • F3BE76E1-3519-4B56-803D-1672284C794E.jpeg
    F3BE76E1-3519-4B56-803D-1672284C794E.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 134
  • 1635FB59-9325-423C-8B1D-83C95490FB9B.jpeg
    1635FB59-9325-423C-8B1D-83C95490FB9B.jpeg
    557 KB · Views: 137
Speaking of uncomfortable... the GA tournament day 1 was awesome! Tough, gritty games. Most within 1-3 goal differential. No blowouts. Girls stepped up and played their butts off in 30 degree weather.
Have fun and stay safe!
For those who might be interested in watching or checking scores.


 
So GA added a few clubs. 2 in NM. At the time they added them, they indicated they would be part of a new Mountain West conference.

Anyone notice that? Who might be in the Mountain West? AZ?
I didn't take notice. Who are the clubs? I would assume Rio Rapids? Who's the other? I don't see AZ leaving the SW but who knows these days.
 
I didn't take notice. Who are the clubs? I would assume Rio Rapids? Who's the other? I don't see AZ leaving the SW but who knows these days.

Like I said I noticed the new conference announcement along with the new clubs. I would be a little worried if I were del Sol. Are they pulling Texas teams out of the TX conference? If not, that leaves basically CO to the north and AZ to the west.

Look at the current map below. And yes I am sure they are adding more...but still.

I couldn't see anywhere on the website where they discuss who is going where outside of the 2 new additions.

2021-02-15_1707.png


2021-02-15_1712.png


2021-02-15_1713.png
 
Like I said I noticed the new conference announcement along with the new clubs. I would be a little worried if I were del Sol. Are they pulling Texas teams out of the TX conference? If not, that leaves basically CO to the north and AZ to the west.

Look at the current map below. And yes I am sure they are adding more...but still.

I couldn't see anywhere on the website where they discuss who is going where outside of the 2 new additions.

View attachment 10120

View attachment 10121

View attachment 10122
My guess is their is expansion happening in Utah as well. Maybe building up UT, CO, NM. Don't really know to be honest. I'm sure they are rethinking their SW strategy. There are good teams in Utah that are not under any umbrella, maybe they are making a play for the Celtics and Avalanche.

In other news, the GA just cancelled the second half of their Austin Showcase scheduled for next weekend. They probably should have cancelled this past weekend's games and focused on the April Showcase in Florida.

Texas has declared a state of emergency and Austin is getting another round of bad weather on WED. The entire state needs a few days to recover from bad weather - green energy needs to recover, with the aid of good ol dirty fossil fuel...
 
Speaking of uncomfortable... the GA tournament day 1 was awesome! Tough, gritty games. Most within 1-3 goal differential. No blowouts. Girls stepped up and played their butts off in 30 degree weather.
Looked for results, but didn't see much for the 15 or 16 and seems like the 17's played 2 and then had the 3rd games cancelled - weather?
 
I was hoping that D1 coaches would come out in numbers for the GA showcase at IMG academy (April 16-19) Now that NCAA has extended the dead period through May, are teams re-evaluating travel to FL? Or is it still a viable event?
 
I was hoping that D1 coaches would come out in numbers for the GA showcase at IMG academy (April 16-19) Now that NCAA has extended the dead period through May, are teams re-evaluating travel to FL? Or is it still a viable event?

My kids team is still planning on going especially since Texas was cancelled.
 
I was hoping that D1 coaches would come out in numbers for the GA showcase at IMG academy (April 16-19) Now that NCAA has extended the dead period through May, are teams re-evaluating travel to FL? Or is it still a viable event?
You might get some good game film from which to make highlights with. That is about it...oh and having fun.

D2 and below coaches can still attend however since the dead period only relates to D1
 
You might get some good game film from which to make highlights with. That is about it...oh and having fun.

D2 and below coaches can still attend however since the dead period only relates to D1
Hound, my dd has made it her desire to have official visit and tour of school and a face to face with coach. The cool hand Luke thing that i like is my dd does it all. I helped with her video and that's it. She does the rest. I tell parents to tell their kids to make that call and get rejected. Text the coach. Email coach. The more no's one get's, the better chance a "yes" will come your way. A yes only means their is interest on both parties. Slow all this down folks and let the girls walk around campus ((when allowed)) and meet the team, the coach and the school. I feel horrible for the 2021s. 2022s are now buying time. I hope this all stops soon. Enough is enough.
 
You might get some good game film from which to make highlights with. That is about it...oh and having fun.

D2 and below coaches can still attend however since the dead period only relates to D1
Got it...

So to split hairs re. the exact rules about this dead period:

let’s say Coach X lives across the street from IMG academy fields. Is that coach permitted to walk over and watch games?

What about Coach Y who flies in from out of town, stops at the field to watch with no interaction with players, club coaches or parents?

someone told me that D1s can watch but not interact... I appreciate if someone can clarify.
thx
 
Got it...

So to split hairs re. the exact rules about this dead period:

let’s say Coach X lives across the street from IMG academy fields. Is that coach permitted to walk over and watch games?

What about Coach Y who flies in from out of town, stops at the field to watch with no interaction with players, club coaches or parents?

someone told me that D1s can watch but not interact... I appreciate if someone can clarify.
thx
Oh oh. So a coach can walk around under cover and see how goat is playing in a USL game? That sucks apples because most of the goats have not even played contact soccer in 12 months. This is a load of poo poo.
 
Back
Top