GA 2020-2021 Season

Underway!! With careful measures in place.
Interesting that they scheduled games during HS season (AZ anyway). Wonder why? Girls want to play HS. This may not go over well with players, especially after the specific discussion around allowing HS play.

Interesting that they scheduled games during HS season (AZ anyway). Wonder why? Girls want to play HS. This may not go over well with players, especially after the specific discussion around allowing HS play.
If this year were normal, I would agree. IMO - this schedule is written in pencil. I expect it to change based on CAs ability to host games, HS season being played in AZ and/or CA, etc...

Our club (east coast) said that the girls will be having games during the spring high school season (even in a regular non COVID year) and that the GA doesn't necessarily suspend games for the high school season. It may be something thats left up to the clubs or regions to plan out?

Here is whats going down. When schools open back up around September 22 ((unless new formula is created to keep schools closed)), girls soccer will have pre-pre season. I'm told two days a week. I love that. All the girls at the school who want to learn how to play soccer can join in. Girls like my dd and other players will teach some girls the game with da coach. After pre pre season, we will go to Pre-Season in Dec. This will be for the girls who want to tryout for Varsity and JV. Tryouts will take place sometime in early Feb and then the season will start. This is awesome and non pressure for these players.

Is the schedule for the southwest games missing something important - like LOCATION? They put a mystical schedule out there but no place to play these games. I wouldn't spend the time putting those games into your calendar just yet.

Is the schedule for the southwest games missing something important - like LOCATION? They put a mystical schedule out there but no place to play these games. I wouldn't spend the time putting those games into your calendar just yet.
How can you see the rosters for the teams? Just curious to see where some DA girls landed. I also don’t see any rosters for ECRL or ECNL on their websites. I’m sure teams must be formed by now and have rosters. Anyone know where to look? Also, I heard some teams, once they start playing, are playing in 2 leagues. Is that true and how?

How can you see the rosters for the teams? Just curious to see where some DA girls landed. I also don’t see any rosters for ECRL or ECNL on their websites. I’m sure teams must be formed by now and have rosters. Anyone know where to look? Also, I heard some teams, once they start playing, are playing in 2 leagues. Is that true and how?
Great questions Sandy. I think Happy will know more on the GA side. Kicker can speak on ECRL rosters and The Soccer Helper will handle the ECNL side. ECNL is only playing in the SW ECNL League. The top teams from all the conferences in the USA will compete for a National Championship. I also know rosters will be larger because of many reasons. Rosters will be posted soon. I know things have been Messy for so many, especially for all the children.

Teams that are, or saying they are, playing in two leagues are either being disingenuous and their team/club struggles massively to attract talent.....this second point is definitely true as it's illogical otherwise......assuming you're meaning GA and Regional League (which clubs?), I don't see a way you can play both at the same time but who knows.....some clubs are desperate for players

Great questions Sandy. I think Happy will know more on the GA side. Kicker can speak on ECRL rosters and The Soccer Helper will handle the ECNL side. ECNL is only playing in the SW ECNL League. The top teams from all the conferences in the USA will compete for a National Championship. I also know rosters will be larger because of many reasons. Rosters will be posted soon. I know things have been Messy for so many, especially for all the children.

I don't like rosters bigger than 18 one bit..... when you have second teams with players who can be called up why would you full time roster kids just to say "hey this week you're not playing".......I think it's something that clubs do to attract and retain players....but families and kids pay the price.....roster of 18 is easily enough especially if your coach has an understanding with the Regional team to give those kids opportunities.......

Teams that are, or saying they are, playing in two leagues are either being disingenuous and their team/club struggles massively to attract talent.....this second point is definitely true as it's illogical otherwise......assuming you're meaning GA and Regional League (which clubs?), I don't see a way you can play both at the same time but who knows.....some clubs are desperate for players

I don't like rosters bigger than 18 one bit..... when you have second teams with players who can be called up why would you full time roster kids just to say "hey this week you're not playing".......I think it's something that clubs do to attract and retain players....but families and kids pay the price.....roster of 18 is easily enough especially if your coach has an understanding with the Regional team to give those kids opportunities.......
I agree, except these times are different. Our team has many players that HS Soccer is Queen. Meaning, if push comes to shove, the shove would be no club and play hs instead. So some kids won;t be able to do both because it's too much. Some will miss ECNL games.

One of Pat's parents posted a while back that his DD's team will play both ECRL and GA this season.

One of Pat's parents posted a while back that his DD's team will play both ECRL and GA this season.
They are one of the clubs desperate for players from what I hear and was told at least one of the age groups didn't have enough players for the 3 leagues ECRL GA and DPL. They may be going to affiliate clubs like LA Pats which they did last year to play in DPL or may be trying to play one team in 2 leagues.

They are one of the clubs desperate for players from what I hear and was told at least one of the age groups didn't have enough players for the 3 leagues ECRL GA and DPL. They may be going to affiliate clubs like LA Pats which they did last year to play in DPL or may be trying to play one team in 2 leagues.
Plenty of uncertainty in regards to the SW GA schedules. If you are an AZ team , you know your first game is set in stone. Games beyond that are set in Jello, all driven by what happens in CA. Possible scenarios are that CA travels here for their "home" games between now and end of year. What happens after 1 JAN is anyone's guess.

As far as ECRL/GA teams in CA, I've heard that the first tms will be in GA and the 2nd teams will be in ECRL with plenty of player movement between the two when required. I know there are other opinions out there, but that's what I've been told is going to happen with the Legends and Beach teams. In reality, who knows.. All I know is we are playing futbol right now - and quality futbol games at that, early in the season.

As far as ECRL/GA teams in CA, I've heard that the first tms will be in GA and the 2nd teams will be in ECRL with plenty of player movement between the two when required. I know there are other opinions out there, but that's what I've been told is going to happen with the Legends and Beach teams. In reality, who knows..

I've heard the exact opposite from friends at Beach..... top players in ECRL, B team is GA........ I heard the same for legends and pats too but don't have as close friends there so can't say for sure.......

I've heard the exact opposite from friends at Beach..... top players in ECRL, B team is GA........ I heard the same for legends and pats too but don't have as close friends there so can't say for sure.......

I've heard both ways. Sense I get is that teams will be formed based on opponents being played. Those clubs have to keep brands in both fires to see what works best for them - nothing wrong with that, unless ECNL doesn't allow it. For the most part, the better girls teams in AZ will be in the GA. Phoenix Rising ECNL has a very,very good 04 team. Their was a mass migration at that age group to them a few years ago from a DA team. Some of those girls have since moved on, back to a GA team, but that team remains very good. Rising ECNL youngers (07s) are also very good. Every other age group is better represented in the two GA clubs in AZ.

At the end of the day, the ladies just want to play meaningful games.

I've heard both ways. Sense I get is that teams will be formed based on opponents being played. Those clubs have to keep brands in both fires to see what works best for them - nothing wrong with that, unless ECNL doesn't allow it. For the most part, the better girls teams in AZ will be in the GA. Phoenix Rising ECNL has a very,very good 04 team. Their was a mass migration at that age group to them a few years ago from a DA team. Some of those girls have since moved on, back to a GA team, but that team remains very good. Rising ECNL youngers (07s) are also very good. Every other age group is better represented in the two GA clubs in AZ.

At the end of the day, the ladies just want to play meaningful games.

?? Phoenix Rising ECNL 05 are also really good looking at standings and when my daughters 04 team saw them

Back