Essential Economics for Politicians

... Incentivizing people to develop and purchase cleaner forms of energy is fine with me.
Right subsidies are not incentives. They are mandated without your position. If we had more people like you around, Musk wouldn't need subsidies. You retail finance guys could lend Musk the 4 billion dollars yourselves. It's called skin the game.

Right subsidies are not incentives. They are mandated without your position. If we had more people like you around, Musk wouldn't need subsidies. You retail finance guys could lend Musk the 4 billion dollars yourselves. It's called skin the game.

Musk had skin in the game when he co-founded Paypal, he still has skin in the game. There is nothing wrong with what Musk is doing, we need more like him. You complain about subsidies that Musk takes advantage of but say nothing of the various subsidies found in the fossil fuel industry. You act as if you speak only in terms of economics, but your only concern is with the political left, stop pretending otherwise. Liberals are not the demons you constantly try to paint them as.

Musk had skin in the game when he co-founded Paypal, he still has skin in the game. There is nothing wrong with what Musk is doing, we need more like him. You complain about subsidies that Musk takes advantage of but say nothing of the various subsidies found in the fossil fuel industry. You act as if you speak only in terms of economics, but your only concern is with the political left, stop pretending otherwise. Liberals are not the demons you constantly try to paint them as.
Subsidies to fossil fuel make alternative energy possible. Without it, alt energy would exist only when the Sun shines or the wind blows. If I speak only of economics and the political left happens to advocate unsound economic policies as does the political right then so be it. If you think Teslaʻs ideas are so good then why canʻt they operate without subsidies? Liberals or Conservatives shouldnʻt be judged by their policies but rather their policy outcomes.

If you think Teslaʻs ideas are so good then why canʻt they operate without subsidies?

Did you forget the part where I was short TSLA? "If" we're going to use subsidies to help American industry, TSLA is a better alternative than others, imao.

If I speak only of economics and the political left happens to advocate unsound economic policies as does the political right then so be it.

Uh? If you only point out ideas you dislike from Democrats, but are silent on the same mistakes made by Republicans, than you are not all about the economics, you are just another partisan hack.

Uh? If you only point out ideas you dislike from Democrats, but are silent on the same mistakes made by Republicans, than you are not all about the economics, you are just another partisan hack.
Didnʻt you Bravo! My GOP Hawaii Rail project?

Back