Essential Economics for Politicians

You like to talk shit and pretend to be an expert on all things, just thought you might like to back some of it up. You on disability?
I am supposed to back up my expertise by confirming that I am or am not on disability? I am an expert on disability though.

https://fee.org/articles/how-to-get-progressive-students-to-understand-the-minimum-wage/

Sidney and Beatrice Webb (1897 [1920], p. 785) put it plainly: With regard to certain sections of the population [the "unemployable"], this unemployment is not a mark of social disease, but actually of social health." "[O]f all ways of dealing with these unfortunate parasites," Sidney Webb (1912, p. 992) said in the Journal of Political Economy, "the most ruinous to the community is to allow them to unrestrainedly compete as wage earners.

No. Why did you short it?

That's funny, it sounded like you didn't think I was.

I think Musk is a great value to our Country and economy, but that doesn't mean his stock is a great value. With Trump's election and cabinet selections and Tesla having just absorbed SolarCity, I think TSLA could get cut in half, easy.

I think Musk is a great value to our Country and economy, but that doesn't mean his stock is a great value. With Trump's election and cabinet selections and Tesla having just absorbed SolarCity, I think TSLA could get cut in half, easy.
What made you think it sounded like I thought you were lying. If you understand Jenga I give you a 50-50 chance like everyone else.

Have you looked at their balance sheets?

Gee, maybe it was your response to me saying I was short TSLA, "No you're not"
Oh that. Maybe you are lying. Anybody who thinks TESLA is good value for our country and then shorts their stock is a little conflicted donʻt you think? I get it though.

Oh that. Maybe you are lying. Anybody who thinks TESLA is good value for our country and then shorts their stock is a little conflicted donʻt you think? I get it though.

Not conflicted at all. A major new electric car company, pushing the technology envelope, creating a new industry (past attempts have been weak) and purchasing option for the public, we need more of that kind of thing. Does that mean the stock will always go up, no.

Not conflicted at all. A major new electric car company, pushing the technology envelope, creating a new industry (past attempts have been weak) and purchasing option for the public, we need more of that kind of thing. Does that mean the stock will always go up, no.
I donʻt care about the stock price as much as I care about the underlying assets and their financial structure. You are conflicted in your actions. If not, you would be long on TSLA instead given your "good value" assessment. Glad to hear youʻre thinking in terms of risk pools and thus hedging.

You are conflicted in your actions.

You think that, for your own Biz reasons. Respecting an entrepreneur's contribution to our society has nothing to do with thinking a stock is a good value. I'm a long term bull on Musk, short term bear on TSLA.

You think that, for your own Biz reasons. Respecting an entrepreneur's contribution to our society has nothing to do with thinking a stock is a good value. I'm a long term bull on Musk, short term bear on TSLA.
Right. So you hedge to mitigate short term risk while your bull gets fat from subsidies.

Right. So you hedge to mitigate short term risk while your bull gets fat from subsidies.

Nobody is fatter than when dining at the table of fossil fuel subsidies... Incentivizing people to develop and purchase cleaner forms of energy is fine with me.

Back